SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here... one of my first mods will be to add a oil catch can to my 2022 hellcat NB... Which should I buy? Any recommendations? Any big differences between a $40 one and a $400 one?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,244 Posts
Do a search Dav, tons of info on this often debated topic.

Reactions: Paladin06

·
Registered
67 Posts
oil catch cans are for one purpose only:
for VW crapboxes and hyundais that cannot burn off their valves due to poor design + direct injection
there is no reason to get one for a car that is well designed and direct injection such as a Mazda MX-5, or for anything with Port injection.

Hellcats do not even have dual injection, they have 1990's port injection. and they get really hot at 700+ hp pulls so catch can = purposeless 100.000%

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for VW crapboxes and hyundais that cannot burn off their valves due to poor design + direct injection
there is no reason to get one for a car that is well designed and direct injection such as a Mazda MX-5, or for anything with Port injection.

Hellcats do not even have dual injection, they have 1990's port injection. and they get really hot at 700+ hp pulls so catch can = purposeless 100.000%
Thanks for the info! I'm torn on this one!! Some say its a must have, others say its a waist of $$$!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,433 Posts
Thanks for the info! I'm torn on this one!! Some say its a must have, others say its a waist of $$$!
I have the UPR fender-mount.
They claim to have superior filtration, and also say that mounting farther from the heat improves the separation.
It definitely collects oil.
For as many people who swear by using them there's as many claiming they are pointless.
All I can say is I empty mine regularly and it never fails to collect oil that would otherwise have passed through and over time collected where I don't want it.

·
Registered
'22 Sinamon Redeye Standard Body
2,832 Posts
He didn't ask if he should get one, he's already decided. To answer your question, I have the JLT 3.0. Works great, easy install and won't break the bank. Billet Technologies makes a nice unit but the fittings they use look like a cheap after thought. Plus you're going to pay twice as much and wait months for delivery. I know from experience.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,244 Posts
I have the UPR fender-mount.
They claim to have superior filtration, and also say that mounting farther from the heat improves the separation.
It definitely collects oil.
For as many people who swear by using them there's as many claiming they are pointless.
All I can say is I empty mine regularly and it never fails to collect oil that would otherwise have passed through and over time collected where I don't want it.
Exactly the same here. Same part as well.

Reactions: Spoolin

·
Registered
More round than tall
620 Posts
This forum needs a way to prevent duplicate threads:
  • catch can
  • oil change interval
  • oil filter
  • wheel fitment
  • best tire
  • favorite driving music

Some forums require you to do a search before creating a new post. Simple and mostly effective.
But, but, Mobil 1 or Royal Purple???

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,271 Posts

and it never rains in southern california.

Reactions: HemiMetal

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
768 Posts
Not a must have (very few mods are, given how you plan to use your cat) but it does provide some benefit in terms of catching blowback from recycling back into the crankcase. Theoretically, it can minimally prolong engine life, but there are no real long term studies to yardstick that as a claim.

·
Registered
13 Posts
FWIW.. no catch can on my hellcat for 4,000 miles. I didn't see the point. Didn't think some oil in intake mattered as far as i was concerned. Was noticing on certain startups.. blue plume of smoke would fill my garage. It was beyond horrible and it disgusted me. Installed catch can... blue smoke completely gone.. and catch can collects quite a bit of oil. Maybe it doesn't do anything for performance.. but it solved my bad burning oil syndrome. Not sure why some people collect oil and others don't.. i certainly do.

JLT.. quality / fit very nice

1 - 20 of 45 Posts