SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
268 Posts
If Dodge designed the PCV system properly you wouldn't need one, but they didn't. They have improved it but there is still oil pullover. These engines need catch cans.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,271 Posts
im trying to save people money vs put an entirely useless modification to their delicately balanced and calibrated EGR 2022 700-900hp systems. go buy a cold air intake while youre at it, maybe lowering springs and a 5 foot tall wing on the trunk. maybe some spinners for the wheels.
Now he stereo types. They have a name for people like you. Shall I share it with you?

Reactions: Rat57az

·
Registered
13 Posts
im trying to save people money vs put an entirely useless modification to their delicately balanced and calibrated EGR 2022 700-900hp systems. go buy a cold air intake while youre at it, maybe lowering springs and a 5 foot tall wing on the trunk. maybe some spinners for the wheels.
It catches shit. Its not useless. Im sorry youre so angry.

·
Registered
'22 Sinamon Redeye Standard Body
2,832 Posts
There is no EGR on the Hemi platform.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
oil catch cans are for one purpose only:
for VW crapboxes and hyundais that cannot burn off their valves due to poor design + direct injection
there is no reason to get one for a car that is well designed and direct injection such as a Mazda MX-5, or for anything with Port injection.

Hellcats do not even have dual injection, they have 1990's port injection. and they get really hot at 700+ hp pulls so catch can = purposeless 100.000%
I had one on a 2015 SRT and it would be full when I went to do an oil change. I have one on my 2018 Hellcat and it’s about 1/3 full at oil change time so they definitely work in my experience

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
I have the UPR fender-mount.
They claim to have superior filtration, and also say that mounting farther from the heat improves the separation.
It definitely collects oil.
For as many people who swear by using them there's as many claiming they are pointless.
All I can say is I empty mine regularly and it never fails to collect oil that would otherwise have passed through and over time collected where I don't want it.
I had the UPR one with factory style connectors and couldn’t get it to stop seeping at the connectors. Even replaced the o rings. Now using a Billet Technology can and have had no problems

·
Registered
‘16 Challenger
891 Posts
If you just putt around in street trans mode the rpm’s stay low (I said putt around) it prolly doesn’t catch anything. When there is boost it MIGHT push a lil oil (say might cuz if it were really pushing oil under boost all yer pretty breathers wouldn’t stay pretty. There would be oil all over the place for those that have added them). It’s my opinion (yep, just a opinion) that the system only sucks oil when throttle plates close at high rpm and there is BOTH a bunch of vapor AND vacuum

21 - 40 of 45 Posts