SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
About six months ago, I bought a 2021 superstock. As sad as it is to say, I’ve only put 60 miles on the car since my purchase. Total mileage for the car is 87. Should I change the oil since it’s been in the engine for 18 months? Or, should I leave the oil in the car and clock at least 500 to 1000 miles before changing it? Is it a problem that the oil in the engine now is the original since the car was built in 2021? I hear so much shit about changing fluids, I don’t know what to believe. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!
Fran
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Sky

· Registered
'23 Redeye Jailbreak
5,026 Posts
Read your owner's manual, then, hope and pray you never have a warranty claim because going longer than a year without an oil change invalidates it.

Not even going to touch on how bad it is to leave the factory oil in the car (and not completing the break-in procedure) for that long.

· Registered
2022 Charger Redeye
567 Posts
Yep. Warranty is void. Car is junk. I’ll give you salvage price and take it off your hands 😂😂😂.
I didn’t like that color in the 70s but Gold Rush looks so good on that car that I want one 😁

· Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
3,225 Posts
Hey everyone,
About six months ago, I bought a 2021 superstock. As sad as it is to say, I’ve only put 60 miles on the car since my purchase. Total mileage for the car is 87. Should I change the oil since it’s been in the engine for 18 months? Or, should I leave the oil in the car and clock at least 500 to 1000 miles before changing it? Is it a problem that the oil in the engine now is the original since the car was built in 2021? I hear so much shit about changing fluids, I don’t know what to believe. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!
Fran View attachment 599325
The only authority on the oil change schedule is Dodge. For that car I believe oil changes are scheduled for every 6K miles or 6 months.

Dodge does not say 6 months or X number of miles. So any mileage between 0 and 5999 miles qualifies for a 6 month oil change.

It is not because oil goes bad but because the oil change on time requirement "catches" those cars that don't get driven enough to trigger an oil change on miles.

With my 2018 Hellcat two times 6 months rolled around with less than 6K miles driven. (Actually I changed the oil at 5K miles so I had not even driven 5K miles in 6 months.) The first time I put around 3K miles on the car. The next time it was closer to 5K miles but short of it.

Same with my 2020 Scat Pack. Bought it new in Nov. 2020 and I only put 8K miles on it when I traded it in May 31 this year. It got oil changes every 6 months and I don't think I put but barely 2K miles on the car in 6 month's time.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’d drop it ONLY because it’s factory fill. How many times started and not brought to operating temp…
I just got the car 6 mo
Read your owner's manual, then, hope and pray you never have a warranty claim because going longer than a year without an oil change invalidates it.

Not even going to touch on how bad it is to leave the factory oil in the car (and not completing the break-in procedure) for that long.
i’ve only had the car for 6 months, wouldn’t the warranty and required maintenance be based on my purchase date?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I definitely need to make time to get it out and drive it. Realistically though, the car was tit to me 6 months ago so that theoretically should be the entered into use and ownership date. Right?

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
9,326 Posts
I just got the car 6 mo

i’ve only had the car for 6 months, wouldn’t the warranty and required maintenance be based on my purchase date?
Yes, every 6 months minimum from your purchase date. Only exception would be if the dealer used the car as a demonstrator or take home car for somebody, then the warranty would start on that date but for the vast majority, the warranty starts when you buy it. So you're good now but it's time to change it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,450 Posts
And just for my personal entertainment, you might want to ask if you should drain the oil cooler also 😂😂😂😂
And what oil filter is best... :ROFLMAO:

(Beautiful car BTW. Now get in it and drive that damn thing!)

• Haha
Reactions: ledft

· Registered
31 Posts
Hey everyone,
Hey everyone,
A lot of opinions on this one, I just changed my oil and filter on my 2021 challenger redeye, car had 450 miles on it and 9 months from purchase new, bought the white srt 5038041 AA oil filter and 7 qts of pennzoil 0w-40 oil, the factory filter is 04884899AC and is black and says Factory Installed on the bottom if no one else changed the oil, take pictures of everything when changing and keep all the receipts, watch out for the oil filter gasket can stick to the engine when removing filter, mine stayed on the engine side, my filter also had some wet oil stains on the bottom, got my filter from carid there web site says 27 left, they charge for shipping and sales tax got it in 5 days here in Mi., after the oil change my oil pressure seems the same at idle and highway speeds as it did before
before the change, have fun

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.