SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a ‘19 Redeye with an aftermarket K&N intake. I’ve been told by my local shop mechanic that I should also put on an oil separator as well, due to the increased air. Any thoughts or tips?
Thanks!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,413 Posts
If that is how they explained it, I would question the shop. I run JLT catch cans on my vehicles to catch any oil that would normally be burned. It's not required, but it helps my OCD. I am keeping my car long-term so for me it's just an extra measure.

Reactions: Speedlogix Sales

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT 392
4,554 Posts
Catch cans are a great option to help keep your engine clean by catching most of the blow by. Check out the link listed below:

- Alexis

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
162 Posts
It's been debated for quite some time as to whether you truly need one or not. It's for you to decide but one way to determine is by monitoring your oil levels. On my car I noticed that the oil levels were dropping a very slight amount in between oil changes. I pulled off one of the spark plugs to check for signs of oil being burned in the combustion chamber and it didn't show any.

Given my experience with other cars I've owned I decide not to chance it and installed a JTL on my car and it works great at catching oil. I also added a Metco breather for the drivers side (Not sure if this is really needed but it's cheap enough). You also don't need a mechanic to install it for you. There is a step-by-step video on YouTube and it only takes 15 minutes with basic hand tools.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts