SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted a couple of times on here about the no start issues we are having with our 2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat. We parked it in the garage on Sunday evening and come Tuesday morning once again go out and hit the started button and the car would only click. I went back down to the dealership and told them once again the car is not starting. We agreed that the car needed to be in the no-start condition for the service tech to find out what the issue was. I called Road Side Assistance yesterday at 1:04 PM and as anyone knows who has used this service it is all by text message. Well, I get the service request in and two hours later still no service call was scheduled. I call back and speak to an associate and she informs me that I am not covered. I call SRT customer care and they call Road Side Assistance on my behalf and all is good right?? Well, two hours go by, and still no service call scheduled. Call back to Road Side Assistance and they inform me that I had canceled the request??? WTF??? So I finally get another associate on the phone and finally at 9:25 Pm the service truck shows up at my house and we get the car jump started and off to the dealership we go. I get to the dealership at 7:30 this morning and the Service Manager and I go out to the car and guess what?? Click, Click no start I look at the Serice Manager and say, "well I guess you can figure it out now right???". This has been more than frustrating, to say the least... I am convinced it is a bad cell in the battery but I will report back once I hear from the dealership.

·
Registered
'19 Challenger Redeye
1,306 Posts
That's a lot to go through for what is most likely a bad battery. There's probably 3 times the money spent by now in Road Side Assistance calls than the battery is worth in the first place.

- Good luck, hope the dealer decides to actually fix the car this time.....

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,765 Posts
I myself wouldve just eaten the cost and swapped my choice of a battery in. If that didnt cure it then I’d make the call. I tend to avoid all the drama if it’s in my power and dont mind swapping a battery myself to accomplish that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I myself wouldve just eaten the cost and swapped my choice of a battery in. If that didnt cure it then I’d make the call. I tend to avoid all the drama if it’s in my power and dont mind swapping a battery myself to accomplish that.
I would agree. On a 3 year old car I would just do the battery myself, not worth the headache to go to the dealer and all the waiting.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the end of the story... It was a bad battery, just replaced under warranty. So even though it is a 19 it was built in November of 19 and not delivered until March and we took delivery on 04/02/21. (Remember COVID?) Everyone is correct the wife and I talked last night and we are going to sign up for AAA. To me it is just the fact that we paid for the platinum long-term warranty coverage and it is just the principle that you would expect to get what you paid for.

·
Registered
590 Posts
For Gods sake, get AAA and get it over with.
AAA is no longer any semblence of what it used to be years ago. They stranded us in 100-degree heat on the side of a major highway for 7 hours last year. Yes, seven hours, as they kept updating our tow truck arrival time every 20 minutes via text. I repeatedly called and sat on hold to talk to actual humans who read off a script and said the tow truck driver is in the next town over and is on his way now and will be there in 15 minutes.

The tow truck never arrived so I paid my neighbor to bring his enclosed trailer and winch the car in and bring it home. AAA said they would reimburse what we paid him. That was until I submitted the bill and they said they would not reimburse me because he used an enclosed trailer and since AAA doesn't use enclosed trailers, it was not reimbursable. I had an absolute fit. I then went down every internet rabbit hole I could find til I located a phone number for the corporate exec in charge of public relations. I gave her an absolute earfull and forwarded to her all the emails and texts I got over those 7 hours. She immediately reimbursed me $300.

And I still get spam calls from AAA asking why I haven't renewed. I then explain that they almost killed several members of my family from heat stroke and go over the entire seven hours with them just so they know why. LOL I have yet to have one try to sell me a membership after my "brief" explanation. All I usually get is "I am soooo sorry you had to go through that. I can't imagine what you went through..."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Along with jumper cables I keep a HULKMAN Alpha85 Jump Starter 2000 Amp 20000mAh Car Starter in my Trackhawk and SRT GC The car starters have come in handy. Right now they are on sale on Amazon for $90.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
457 Posts
So the end of the story... It was a bad battery, just replaced under warranty. So even though it is a 19 it was built in November of 19 and not delivered until March and we took delivery on 04/02/21. (Remember COVID?) Everyone is correct the wife and I talked last night and we are going to sign up for AAA. To me it is just the fact that we paid for the platinum long-term warranty coverage and it is just the principle that you would expect to get what you paid for.
Unfortunately in this day and age, that is hardly the case…

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
74 Posts
Recommend a battery tender such as CTEK to keep battery charged and avoid these types of issues. With all the hellcat electronics there is a constant small drain on the battery which will cause problems as the battery ages.

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
2,822 Posts
Recommend a battery tender such as CTEK to keep battery charged and avoid these types of issues. With all the hellcat electronics there is a constant small drain on the battery which will cause problems as the battery ages.
And if you don't plan to use it for a couple-three weeks put it into storage mode.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts