SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Change front doors to Scissor or Butterfly type

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,356 Posts
Oh my.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It seems to be a mix of No and HELL NO's.

I just think the doors are huge and swing way too wide. I'm 6'2" and have to lean way out to close my door if it's all the way open. It's not aesthetics but function. There is a narrow garage I can use but can only open the doors 1/2 way without hitting the walls. I was thinking a modified butterfly on a radial arm that reduces the outward opening swing width by a 12"-18". Have four locking bolts for structural integrity when closed (each could be disengaged manually in emergencies). Keep the door from opening more than 12" higher than the cabin trunk if possible. It's a big car so being able to shave inches for parking using for a daily driver is convenient, my girlfriend is 5'5" and literally struggles to close the door (don't laugh or she'll inform you that your cars doors suck every time she gets in). Mostly I'm just annoyed when people park too close and I can't get out of my car.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,356 Posts
They make special spots for Hellcats.
Way to the side of the lot,
way at the bottom far from a cart return,
next lot over where the business is slow or closed.....

·
Premium Member
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
1,294 Posts
It seems to be a mix of No and HELL NO's.

I just think the doors are huge and swing way too wide. I'm 6'2" and have to lean way out to close my door if it's all the way open. It's not aesthetics but function. There is a narrow garage I can use but can only open the doors 1/2 way without hitting the walls. I was thinking a modified butterfly on a radial arm that reduces the outward opening swing width by a 12"-18". Have four locking bolts for structural integrity when closed (each could be disengaged manually in emergencies). Keep the door from opening more than 12" higher than the cabin trunk if possible. It's a big car so being able to shave inches for parking using for a daily driver is convenient, my girlfriend is 5'5" and literally struggles to close the door (don't laugh or she'll inform you that your cars doors suck every time she gets in). Mostly I'm just annoyed when people park too close and I can't get out of my car.
First of all, Don't park near anyone else!!! If you can't open your door then you are too close.
Second and MOST IMPORTANTLY, please please please open and close the door for your girlfriend, she should never even have to do that herself.
Yes, it's big heavy, long car. But that's what makes it awesome. It is what it is.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
1,368 Posts
If there's one thing worse that Lambo doors, it's black+red cars with Deadpool sticker kits and green cars with Hulk stickers. There has to be 500 Deadpool Challengers and Chargers out there. People are free to express themselves, but come on... a little originality goes a long way.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,356 Posts
Saw this at a car show this past saturday. Bleh.

View attachment 581874
Lmao
This is the crap that wins car shows unfortunately. Mopar Carlisle was the same crap, mopar nats was the same crap.
Nobody cared except the diehard gearheads that you actually had conversation with.
People cared more about my roll cage than anything. Not HP, not dyno sheets, not performance period. Chrome wire loom and RGB led strands give everyone a chubby now.
And signs feeding everyone BS how they have 1050 at the wheels. I get a headache from rolling my eyes......

Reactions: Xylander
21 - 36 of 36 Posts