SRT Hellcat Forum banner

opinions on blacked out hood

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  ATLHellcat 
#1 ·
im considering the blacked out hood....i like my racing stripes and the hellcat is rather plain jane w/o them...id love to get the blacked out hood.....the only fear i have is waxing it and caring for it....id think it would wax funny and show swirls and scuffs....and possibly chip easier

anyone have any experience with flat black paint?

also wish the blacked out look continued to that little painted strip in front of the hood...like the AAR cuda did....if i get the hood i may have that little strip repainted

#2 ·
Curious too

#3 ·
There have been a few discussions about this and there is some info under exterior care in the forum page. From what I heard they are very high maintenance and need to be cared for quite often, rain, bird poo and other things left on them can easily damage the finish. Need special cleaners. Not sure, just what I read from others.

#6 ·
If it's anything like the "Black Denim" paint on my Harley, it will me high(er) maintenance. Easy to accidentally buff in shinier spots while cleaning off tough bugs, ect. I'm Ordering the hood with my TorRed in hopes it won't be any worse than the V-Rod........

#7 ·
I am waiting on the evil black hood, I would have my car by now if I did not order it. I read the service bulletin from RS and it sounds like a big pain in the rear end. Must be careful with it. Never ever go to a car wash. If you get bugs or tree sap on it there are only a few products you can use.

I am still going ahead with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.