SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger Hellcat
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Just picked up a new to me '18 hellcat. After the 2 scat packs, and now the hellcat, I've kind of had it with all the brake dust. Question is, has anyone tried the Brembo ceramics? It seems like the popular choice are the powerstops, just curious if anyone has tried these as well.
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Magenta

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
1,395 Posts
I didn't see the price. I'm guessing they are high, so to me price matters.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger Hellcat
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the price was $150 for fronts vs powerstops which were ~$70. Ive seen some question the stopping power of the powerstops which is why im curious about these.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,083 Posts
Hey all,

Just picked up a new to me '18 hellcat. After the 2 scat packs, and now the hellcat, I've kind of had it with all the brake dust. Question is, has anyone tried the Brembo ceramics? It seems like the popular choice are the powerstops, just curious if anyone has tried these as well. View attachment 580219
I've used them both. You get what you pay for. Brembos = Better stopping power, better feel, better heat tolerance, more dust. Power Stop = good value, decent performance, less dust.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,114 Posts
Unless you're road racing the Pstops are perfect. Virtually unnoticeable difference in street performance. They stop on a dime, and tbh the feel is extremely good. On a race track with repeated high heat hard slow downs from triple digits you can experience fade. Three SRT models since 2015, two of them Hellcats, one RE, never one issue with them here, but I don't track my cars. Highly recommend the Pstops.

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
1,395 Posts
Unless you're road racing the Pstops are perfect. Virtually unnoticeable difference in street performance. They stop on a dime, and tbh the feel is extremely good. On a race track with repeated high heat hard slow downs from triple digits you can experience fade. Three SRT models since 2015, two of them Hellcats, one RE, never one issue with them here, but I don't track my cars. Highly recommend the Pstops.
EXACTLY!

·
Registered
2018 Challenger Hellcat
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's great to know, I dont do any tracking so i'll probably go with the powerstops, thanks all for your input!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,534 Posts
That's great to know, I dont do any tracking so i'll probably go with the powerstops, thanks all for your input!
Do it. I put Powerstops on my Redeye at mile #15 for street driving. It is roughly 12,000 miles later now. The rotors remain perfect looking and the pads remain the same size as any new Hawk pad I routinely change out along with the rotors for track days. I enjoy the very smooth performance and really appreciate the nearly ZERO dust on the show chrome wheels I use on the street.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
920 Posts
Hey all,

Just picked up a new to me '18 hellcat. After the 2 scat packs, and now the hellcat, I've kind of had it with all the brake dust. Question is, has anyone tried the Brembo ceramics? It seems like the popular choice are the powerstops, just curious if anyone has tried these as well. View attachment 580219
Don't believe NAO (Non-Asbestos Organic) is a Ceramic Formulation. Too vague IMHO. Need more info.

Go with the Power Stop Z26s on all 4 corners. The Z26s have clip-on shims where the Z23s have a stick-on shim. Shop Rockauto.com for very competitive prices....

Automotive design Font Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part

Product Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive lighting

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
286 Posts
Op, you may want to look into real world distance testing that has been done. Several out there, all confirm similar.
PS pads do not stop within the same distance as oem.
Admittedly, the differences were minor, but I'll take brake dust and being able to stop even 10 feet sooner.
Even that short length of space may be the difference between a near miss and a contact sporting event that involves my car, myself & passengers.

·
Registered
In The Market
66 Posts
Try the Platinum Pads from Carquest or Advance. I have them on my Hellcat Brembos low dust and the dust is a much lighter in color. I may be biased as I work for Advance. Order them online and the coupon can save you some bucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts