SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
986 Posts
I know of no link, I just contact my salesman every other week for any updates.
If you go to the order tracking thread you can get some idea of how long things are taking. It's been a month since I ordered mine & all I have is Vin and projected ship date. I'm starting to get worried as many auto plants are stopping or slowing way down due to parts shortages from Texas.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
16 Posts
Congrats brother, may I ask you what u paid out the door for your car and was it a Charger or Challenger. I am currently in negotiations with a dealer and want to make sure I don't get ripped off.

·
Registered
2018 Demon
55 Posts
Interesting, I thought they would offer some sort of notification to let you know how the process is moving along and possibly with "tracking" or at least notify when it ships.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,876 Posts
Nope. No way to track your order. Best way is to stalk your dealer weekly/daily/hourly.

Reactions: Andy2112

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
13 Posts
"Locked rebates" really hope the rebates don't change so either you don't get mad when they do change or he gets fired because you go over his head....who knows you might have over paid too.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
245 Posts
"Locked rebates" really hope the rebates don't change so either you don't get mad when they do change or he gets fired because you go over his head....who knows you might have over paid too.
I know the owner of that store. Great place. Greta management. Good ethical family that owns it. I’m sure he was well taken care of .

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
904 Posts
Well there is no such thing as locked rebates 😂
Sure there is. I've dealt with plenty of dealerships that can and will lock in a rebate offer. Let's say they locked in a Power Dollars rebate, but Dodge canceled PDs before the car was delivered. The dealership in question can still deliver the vehicle at that rate. They just choose to eat it on their end by reducing financing, destination, and other miscellaneous charges. Dealerships will often do this to stay above board and honor an agreement. While they may break even on the deal, word of mouth spreads and they'll make 3-5 other sales as a result.

Most dealerships also know within reason what incentives and rebates are available and when they time out. So, it's rare for a rebate to be canceled unknowingly. Definitely a blue moon situation. I bought my personal Hellcat with a locked in price. They had to get creative to make the deal work when it came in though, since my build order took 5 and a half months to complete (Covid shut down and numerous changes to incentives). But, in the end, they honored their quoted price. They made about $300 on the sale, but they also know I'm a local broker and I've probably bought 15 cars from them since last May. So, they've made their money.

Had they not honored their deal, they would have sold me and my clients 0 cars because I too am an honorable type, and I won't send my clients deals from a dealership that I knowingly have had personal problems with.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
13 Posts
Wrong but thanks for playing.
Prove to me I'm wrong. Clearly they are stating the dealer is eating the cost on the front end of the deal which isn't "locking in rebates". Which in turn means you're paying too much for the vehicle to begin with.
Rebate codes change every month, no way that it can be honored the follow month, heck sometimes even it can change mid month.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
904 Posts
Prove to me I'm wrong. Clearly they are stating the dealer is eating the cost on the front end of the deal which isn't "locking in rebates". Which in turn means you're paying too much for the vehicle to begin with.
Rebate codes change every month, no way that it can be honored the follow month, heck sometimes even it can change mid month.
See, in car dealing, dealerships do not hinge their business on a per transaction basis. Yes, they want to turn a profit on every sale, but the aggregate far outweighs a single occurrence. This is not unique to dealerships. Many service industry jobs work the same way. You might take a slight loss to finish a large home remodel on a prestigious house so you can advertise that you did the work there, and end up generating dozens of new clients off the back of one financial loss.

Car dealerships, at least the successful ones, run a similar business. Prestigious cars are often sold to people with more means than a person who generally buys used 20 year old cars. These people are better networked and have stronger market pull. It pays to ensure that these people get good deals. Now, it isn't a classism issue, it's a marketing issue. People who can afford a new Hellcat generally can afford lawn services, pet groomers, massage therapists, doctor's visits, hair stylist services, etc. They interact with far more qualified buyers both in-person and online than less upwardly mobile people do. Thus, a solid recommendation from a Hellcat purchaser (or a damning negative review) has the potential to reach and affect more people. While a dealership is not going to up and give them a bad deal, they will however ensure that they get a fair deal. In this specific case, it's not unheard of for dealerships to make promises on incentives/rebates, even for special orders.

While the dealership is almost assuredly not going to lose money on the deal, they will however take less money while ensuring that a prime source of free marketing leaves happy and tells all their service industry workers, patients waiting in the doctor's office, and so-on how well they were treated at the dealership. I'll use myself as an example. The Tallahassee Dodge dealership did me right. Their service department is a joke, but their sales department honored their price, even during the Covid caused delivery delays. I've told folks online, talked to business and personal contacts, and I know for a fact that 4 people have purchased from them on my recommendation. They're a low volume dealer on performance cars, but they also get a number of unused factory build slots for folks to order their Hellcats with (they NEVER Hellcats on the lot... maybe 2 392s all year).

So, by keeping their word with me, they got a good recommendation. They even went so far as to show me all the black and white costs and what their invoice price was. They were completely transparent about the whole deal. I knew exactly what they were making from me and where it was coming from. They didn't make much (about $1,500). And I'm fine with that, and that's what I've told people who asked me about them.

Now, they also primarily deal with a college market here. So, most of their business is in the low to midrange of their model lineup and they deal heavily in used trades. But when they do get an order for a top tier car, they treat the people right. This can and does trickle down into cross-sales into other segments.

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
13 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse but... View attachment 570117
Please explain what that is, since you're assuming you know what it is.
Can you tell me what coding just got released last week with sold order protection pertaining to sold orders?
See, in car dealing, dealerships do not hinge their business on a per transaction basis. Yes, they want to turn a profit on every sale, but the aggregate far outweighs a single occurrence. This is not unique to dealerships. Many service industry jobs work the same way. You might take a slight loss to finish a large home remodel on a prestigious house so you can advertise that you did the work there, and end up generating dozens of new clients off the back of one financial loss.

Car dealerships, at least the successful ones, run a similar business. Prestigious cars are often sold to people with more means than a person who generally buys used 20 year old cars. These people are better networked and have stronger market pull. It pays to ensure that these people get good deals. Now, it isn't a classism issue, it's a marketing issue. People who can afford a new Hellcat generally can afford lawn services, pet groomers, massage therapists, doctor's visits, hair stylist services, etc. They interact with far more qualified buyers both in-person and online than less upwardly mobile people do. Thus, a solid recommendation from a Hellcat purchaser (or a damning negative review) has the potential to reach and affect more people. While a dealership is not going to up and give them a bad deal, they will however ensure that they get a fair deal. In this specific case, it's not unheard of for dealerships to make promises on incentives/rebates, even for special orders.

While the dealership is almost assuredly not going to lose money on the deal, they will however take less money while ensuring that a prime source of free marketing leaves happy and tells all their service industry workers, patients waiting in the doctor's office, and so-on how well they were treated at the dealership. I'll use myself as an example. The Tallahassee Dodge dealership did me right. Their service department is a joke, but their sales department honored their price, even during the Covid caused delivery delays. I've told folks online, talked to business and personal contacts, and I know for a fact that 4 people have purchased from them on my recommendation. They're a low volume dealer on performance cars, but they also get a number of unused factory build slots for folks to order their Hellcats with (they NEVER Hellcats on the lot... maybe 2 392s all year).

So, by keeping their word with me, they got a good recommendation. They even went so far as to show me all the black and white costs and what their invoice price was. They were completely transparent about the whole deal. I knew exactly what they were making from me and where it was coming from. They didn't make much (about $1,500). And I'm fine with that, and that's what I've told people who asked me about them.

Now, they also primarily deal with a college market here. So, most of their business is in the low to midrange of their model lineup and they deal heavily in used trades. But when they do get an order for a top tier car, they treat the people right. This can and does trickle down into cross-sales into other segments.
100% agree, there is more money on the table where a better deal could be made. All in, there is no "locked in rebates" is what I'm still disclosing. Not sure where everything else is coming from lol

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Please explain what that is, since you're assuming you know what it is.
Can you tell me what coding just got released last week with sold order protection pertaining to sold orders?

100% agree, there is more money on the table where a better deal could be made. All in, there is no "locked in rebates" is what I'm still disclosing. Not sure where everything else is coming from lol
When I was looking to order my RE I was def worried about losing out on any rebates and had told the dealer that if it wasn't available at the time of delivery that I was out. He mentioned it was locked and showed me his screen for protecting rebates, etc. and to not worry and that it was locked in. This was last summer however. But I will say that the old "you can/can't lock in rebates" battles were in full swing then too. Many current buyers are being told their rebates are locked so we shall see. I would like to see the screens these days to see if things have changed, or if some dealers just dont know about it, or what. But when a customer says "no rebate at the time of delivery and I'm out", and the dealer replies that theyre aware and it's locked, it then comes down to defining "locked" I guess. Regardless of any screen.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
The only way to test the "locked" rebate is for someone to get $XXXX "locked" (in writing) and then the amount of rebate either goes up or down when vehicle ownership is transfered.

As I said before, there is 1 group out of the 2 that are being bent over. Either the group that are being told rebates can't be locked or those that are being told they can be locked. I tend to think the former is being screwed since so many (including me in writing), have a dealership saying you will either get the "locked" rebate, or a better one if available to so many people, they would not put their integrity on the line that like in such a blatant way. There are alot of people here in the last month who have ordered from just a few dealers. The word would get out VERY quickly on this site if someone gets screwed. I don't think they are willing to take such a risk with so many people ordering from just a few select dealerships. Just my opinion of course.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts