SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Order time & VON Number

2424 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  WindowShaker
While some Hellcats are going to be delivered soon, it seems that most of us are going to be playing the waiting game.

My order was sent on on 9-9-14 @ 11:12 am & my VON number is 32245020. I would assume that the vehicles that are now being produced and delivered have a lower order time & VON number, but how much lower?

Anyone care to share?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
While some Hellcats are going to be delivered soon, it seems that most of us are going to be playing the waiting game.

My order was sent on on 9-9-14 @ 11:12 am & my VON number is 32245020. I would assume that the vehicles that are now being produced and delivered have a lower order time & VON number, but how much lower?

Anyone care to share?
My VON was 20,000 or so higher than yours so VON don't matter as far as order is concerned. In fact my hellcat was built first even though I was 3rd/4th in line at my dealership. I ordered that morning and told my sales rep to keep on it and he got the GM involved and it went thru quickly. My deposit was in 7/21 tho

· Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
Forgot to mention about 4 days after ( 9/13 or 14), I got a call from the dealer and was told the black hood option was a problem and I had to make a choice. Drop the hood and my car would immediately go into D1 or wait until November for the hood. He thought the hood would cost me a month or 6 weeks. I kept the hood option.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
95 Posts
My dealer did the same, and so did I. He told me that all stripes and black hoods were being done outside of factory so the Cats have to go to get their goodies added and then come back before ready for delivery. It is a good thing we waited as every change time was then the official order time.

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
My understanding is that the first builds were based on part availability. Even though I ordered a day later than most, my car was built within the first week because I did not have any upgrades aside from navigation. The seats were the black and red and TorRed with manual transmission. My car went into D status within 5 days and I had a VIN. I really think it was all based on part availability and options.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
760 Posts
Forgot to mention about 4 days after ( 9/13 or 14), I got a call from the dealer and was told the black hood option was a problem and I had to make a choice. Drop the hood and my car would immediately go into D1 or wait until November for the hood. He thought the hood would cost me a month or 6 weeks. I kept the hood option.
Mine has the black hood as well and mine went D status with VIN on 9/17. Went D1 a couple weeks later. Building it next week.

Reactions: 70Cuda
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.