SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
61 - 80 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
In general, the big takeaway is that once the car starts actually getting built, it'll advance through a number of codes in a single day. It's not uncommon for it to go from build scheduled to built in a couple days' time. The period it sits at the outfit center is directly related to the number of options selected. Not all options are installed there, but things like stripes, PSG, HK stereo, and others require a stay at the outfitter. For folks who like to ping the factory every other day looking for movement on their builds, it can look a lot like nothing is happening as it will sit there... and sit there... and sit there. Then, it will sit a few more days awaiting final inspection.

I can't stress enough that even after the car is done, depending on where you live, it will still take time to get the car. It has to clear customs at the port facility and the trip to your locale will vary on distance and by the number of hops it has to take. I live in FL, so that's almost the furthest it has to travel in their whole system. For me, it took about 2 weeks to go from the shipping yard to arrival in Orlando. Then, a week and a half to make it to my driveway.

Again 100% wrong...the only thing the upfitter does is stripes and painted hoods.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Except his vehicle was not processed that way. What he did is pass along bad information that was possibly passed onto him. VIN's are not assigned at the factory level, nor are they assigned "when" the car gets built. ALL and I repeat ALL Dodge vehicles get their VIN assigned when their car goes to D1 status....not before, and not after
According to my dealer and dodge chat my car is in C status (tentative schedule) and I've had a vin for a month. I have not yet reached D1 status so the above is incorrect as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
254 Posts
VIN's are not assigned at the factory level, nor are they assigned "when" the car gets built. ALL and I repeat ALL Dodge vehicles get their VIN assigned when their car goes to D1 status....not before, and not after
LOL.. What he said.
Not sure that is true either. Mine has a vin and is not in D1 status.

Copy/paste from my chat with Dodge:
"Thank you very much GBLWRMR (edited) and thank you so much for your patience and holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. I would like to mention that the Brampton (Ont.) Assembly plant will be down Jan. 3-26."

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
115 Posts
LOL.. What he said.

"Thank you very much GBLWRMR (edited) and thank you so much for your patience and holding. I am showing that your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build. I would like to mention that the Brampton (Ont.) Assembly plant will be down Jan. 3-26."
Me too.... VIN and D status only (but I sure am looking for D1)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,769 Posts
Wow, that was a thorough discussion of the entire process, cradle to grave, from all the posters. Thank you all so much. Xylander's very detailed explanation was great even though it did not work that way for some - still, he's just reporting the information as explained to him and how the process worked for his vehicle at the time his vehicle was ordered. So, I think I know where I stand. 1) Nothing is normal and the situation is dynamic and evolving since the plant is not open 2) I need a VON or a VIN to confirm that my order is at least somewhere in line or being considered. So, that's my takeaway as all I have is Customer # and a Deal # on the contract. Good to know and I will dig a little harder on that VON once the plant starts running - I think prior to this seems premature. I liked the detail on on the cars getting hung up at the outfitter for Painted Satin Graphics. I know that won't happen to me if I get that far. I couldn't understand paying $395 for the Go Mango paint and then having to pay again to paint over this (or just painting a different hood). I couldn't pay twice to paint the same hood or top. But that's just me, all good. Once I get that VON or VIN I will just forget about it and maybe look again in another 3 months. Omicron will have likely shut down multiple suppliers and possibly the plant within the next month so I'll plan for the worst. Thanks and good luck to all with pending orders.
The process never worked that way, his dealer is clueless.

So much bad info on here posted by newer people who ordered cars and think this is new info around here. 2015 on this forum would have melted a lot of peoples brains.

VON at order when accepted (hence Vehicle Order Number). VIN assigned when they are preparing build schedule for the plant, could be D or D1. You then wait until your dealer sees in the system it's built and ready for shipment. There are a while bunch of codes but considering it takes less than 48hrs to build the car from scratch by the time you see a certain code from your dealer it could be passed that. Car arrives and you go get it. If you want to know the exact month, day, year and hour it was built its all in the series of numbers on the driver door exterior decal near the latch.

It's that simple. Time from VIN to being built is ??right now. Could be 6mths...could get lucky and be 2mths or less, there are no hard rules. Before covid hit it was about 4-5 weeks.

Reactions: 2ndAmend

·
Registered
2022 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
115 Posts

So much bad info on here posted by newer people who ordered cars and think this is new info around here. 2015 on this forum would have melted a lot of peoples brains.

VON at order when accepted. VIN assigned when they are preparing build schedule for the plant. You then wait until your dealer sees in the system it's built and ready for shipment. Car arrives and you go get it.

It's that simple. Time from VIN to being built is ??right now. Could be 6mths...could get lucky and be 2mths or less, there are no hard rules. Before covid hit it was about 4-5 weeks.
now THAT sounds about right!!! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Seems the only thing we all have in common is a different story. Which just leads me to believe it all “depends” on dealerships/factory/and more importantly what you actually purchased and what kind of additional items you customize your vehicle with.

Now I’ll fuel this fire…. I have absolutely no “insider” information. However had a conversation with my dealer more specifically the manger In charged of ordering vehicles. He told me today that the manufacturer is in fact not closed, they are working two shifts 24/7 to catch up to the end of year and beginning of new year production. NOW AGAIN before I get absolutely crushed by people on here… I have no reason to believe this manager is not telling me the truth. Everything he’s told me so far has been correct, but I also have no REAL reason to completely believe him. Either way I would think we would ALL hope this guy is correct! I look forward to everyone picking up their 2022 JB an posting pictures! An a video so we all can hear that whine! Also I’m very interested in what everyone did with their customization options! Cheers 🍻

·
Registered
212 Posts
LOL.. What he said.

I meant to put in D status not D1...D status is when all parts are available from suppliers...D1 is when all parts get to the factory to be built

·
Registered
56 Posts

VON at order when accepted (hence Vehicle Order Number). VIN assigned when they are preparing build schedule for the plant, could be D or D1. You then wait until your dealer sees in the system it's built and ready for shipment. There are a while bunch of codes but considering it takes less than 48hrs to build the car from scratch by the time you see a certain code from your dealer it could be passed that. Car arrives and you go get it. If you want to know the exact month, day, year and hour it was built its all in the series of numbers on the driver door exterior decal near the latch.

Yes, OK Mr. Thill, I asked for some assistance and I have gotten a lot of good responses. I cannot be critical of anyone that took time to post in an effort to answer a Noobs questions - I am quite thankful to all. Now my original question as gotten lost a bit (to be expected - no problem). I am only interested in step 1A and 1B for the moment. I placed an order last Thursday for a JB. The salesman said he has no idea if it will be accepted and manufactured but he entered it into the "system". I have a signed contract and POC. So in your opinion, when should I begin to follow up or expect a communication back from the salesman giving me the good news along with a VON? One poster said he is not calling the dealer but looking for the information through Dodge Chat? OK. So when should I give someone a call or expect some feedback? I am assuming I would be calling my salesman as my first option. I don't care at this point if it takes a month or a year to get the car but I want to confirm if my order is accepted, rejected, or still awaiting a decision ASAP so that I can move on with Plan B if needed. So my VON is 1A. 1B is the VIN but I'm not really in a hurry on that given all the turmoil in the system. I will add that the dealership has 2 JB orders and the salesman did not know that status of those orders at the time my order was input. I am the third JB order in total and the first customer order. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am only interested in step 1A and 1B for the moment. I placed an order last Thursday for a JB. The salesman said he has no idea if it will be accepted and manufactured but he entered it into the "system". I have a signed contract and POC. So in your opinion, when should I begin to follow up or expect a communication back from the salesman giving me the good news along with a VON? One poster said he is not calling the dealer but looking for the information through Dodge Chat? OK. So when should I give someone a call or expect some feedback? I am assuming I would be calling my salesman as my first option.
Agreed.. Like many posts here, they take on a life of their own. 1A- I had a VON within an hour of my order. Others have waited 24-48 hours. If you are over the 48 hours, I'd call your dealer. Dodge Chat is useless without a VON or VIN. As mentioned, Twice now, I've had my VIN within 24 hours. Some have waited several days. I would say that this is on the the dealer more so Dodge. My dealer was in contact with his Dodge Rep in minutes. Not that difficult for them to make a call for you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Agreed.. Like many posts here, they take on a life of their own. 1A- I had a VON within an hour of my order. Others have waited 24-48 hours. If you are over the 48 hours, I'd call your dealer. Dodge Chat is useless without a VON or VIN. As mentioned, Twice now, I've had my VIN within 24 hours. Some have waited several days. I would say that this is on the the dealer more so Dodge. My dealer was in contact with his Dodge Rep in minutes. Not that difficult for them to make a call for you.
That helps, I looked at your previous post again and see that you have the 22 SS on order after the 2021 cancellation. I knew you got your VON and VIN back to back but I did not understand that you got the VON in an hour. I will shoot my salesman a text to inquire about the VON. I will tread softly because I think these customer orders are not the norm for him and he has to go through a level or two to get information. Regardless, you have given me the direction I requested and needed. If I get an odd answer or something that makes no sense I may reach out to you. Thanks GBR and thanks all for the good input.

·
Registered
59 Posts

You will excuse if me I take the manufacturer's word for it rather than an anonymous internet poster despite join date on a forum.

·
Registered
2020 M6 HC
1,446 Posts
I ordered a 22 RENB (at considerable discount :)) and 4 min after I made the on-line deposit the dealer emailed the VON. A few days later I chatted with Dodge and they gave the VIN. That was early Dec.

As far as "Plant Closings", I know nothing about Dodge or the auto industry, but I have spent a lot of time in manufacturing. When a production line is shut down, that is entirely different than a company or facility shutting down. Production control, purchasing, some of QC, much of management, and a lot of other supporting departments continue operating, maybe at a slight reduction, giving staff an opportunity to use accrued time off and/or unpaid leave. The point being that there are a lot of people that need to get everything organized, in place and ready when the line starts back up.

I don’t see this shut down as necessarily a bad thing, I hope this just gives the supply chain a chance to catch up and I expect there are a lot of people at the plant right now making sure this all happens. Again, I hope! :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,769 Posts
You will excuse if me I take the manufacturer's word for it rather than an anonymous internet poster despite join date on a forum.

There's your problem, you don't even know what correct info is because you haven't bothered to read past history. You aren't getting information "from the manufacturer" unless you called Brampton Assembly plant and spoke to someone scheduling builds 😄 A very good dealer should be able to tell you everything correctly at anytime, but the reality is most don't even know it themselves because they're just people trying to make a buck selling a car.

I've had 9 SRTS, 4 Hellcat variants, and family who worked on the dealer side and the Big 3 side. I've ordered quite a few vehicles.

Please enjoy your dealer's info or Dodge Chat or the SRT chat 👍🏼 but please don't post anything implying it's fact or accurate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There's your problem, you don't even know what correct info is because you haven't bothered to read past history. You aren't getting information "from the manufacturer" unless you called Brampton Assembly plant and spoke to someone scheduling builds A very good dealer should be able to tell you everything correctly at anytime, but the reality is most don't even know it themselves because they're just people trying to make a buck selling a car.

I've had 9 SRTS, 4 Hellcat variants, and family who worked on the dealer side and the Big 3 side. I've ordered quite a few vehicles.

Please enjoy your dealer's info or Dodge Chat or the SRT chat but please don't post anything implying it's fact or accurate.
Got it... the ol' "my family used to work there so therefore I know." Just like others in this thread, I had a vin and VON less than three days after order was placed. The parts are not all allocated yet.

Owning chrysler cars doesnt make you an insider brotha. Fact is both the dealer and dodge updated me with the same status. I'll continue to believe them over internet posts but to each his own.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,769 Posts
Got it... the ol' "my family used to work there so therefore I know." Just like others in this thread, I had a vin and VON less than three days after order was placed. The parts are not all allocated yet.

Owning chrysler cars doesnt make you an insider brotha. Fact is both the dealer and dodge updated me with the same status. I'll continue to believe them over internet posts but to each his own.

Another gem we got here. Since you trust them so much, make sure you buy all of the stuff they offer you when you sign the paperwork.

I hope you get your car soon. Hopefully you won't need anyone's help here trying to find out where your car is when you keep getting the same BS from your dealer and chat.

Ask a lot of people here how fun that's been the last year and a half 😉

·
Registered
474 Posts
That paperwork you posted showed Jailbreak allocation for December based on Redeye sales. I'm thinking this is the sticking point. Many members here have VINs probably because they were in the 160 allocation. Your dealer might not have had the previous sales of RE to justify enough Jailbreaks, or were already past the 160 allocation. Perhaps you'll get a VIN, but if the allocations aren't wide open - you might want to find another dealer (one that moves a lot of RE).

·
Registered
59 Posts

Another gem we got here. Since you trust them so much, make sure you buy all of the stuff they offer you when you sign the paperwork.

I hope you get your car soon. Hopefully you won't need anyone's help here trying to find out where your car is when you keep getting the same BS from your dealer and chat.

Ask a lot of people here how fun that's been the last year and a half
I dont care when the car gets delivered as long as it gets built. I dont have control over any of that stuff so no use on stressing over it. I dont need my dealer updating me every week, I will go about my life. Cheers.

·
Banned
Charger Hellcat Widebody
77 Posts
You certainly could be correct. As previously stated, my build priority is also 01. I have a signed contract, an agreed upon price (that is locked in), and no guarantee that the order will be accepted and executed. That is the conundrum. How to confirm when the order is formally approved (a VIN is my current guess) and what the expected timing for the VIN will be. If your order was pre plant shutdown then we are sort of talking apples and oranges. Since the plant is standing and no vehicles are being produced I can only speculate that this could delay a VIN. Add to this that "the order banks are full" and we are certainly in a different environment than the norm. Just trying to learn, and yes, it wouldn't surprise me if build status 01 is an order that has yet to leave the starting blocks. Thanks for your input!
How is pricing locked in? If it’s a 22 programs aren’t available yet incentives etc… they can’t apply a 21 price on a 22.

·
Registered
254 Posts
How is pricing locked in? If it’s a 22 programs aren’t available yet incentives etc… they can’t apply a 21 price on a 22.
Not correct. When you place an order, your dealer can lock in current incentives OR they can be up front and tell you that they aren't willing to lock incentives and you are at the mercy of the incentives when the car arrives. My deal has a locked price with variable incentives. Originally a 21' that was cancelled and replaced with a 22', same options, same price.

61 - 80 of 144 Posts