SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
322 Posts
Not correct. When you place an order, your dealer can lock in current incentives OR they can be up front and tell you that they aren't willing to lock incentives and you are at the mercy of the incentives when the car arrives. My deal has a locked price with variable incentives. Originally a 21' that was cancelled and replaced with a 22', same options, same price.
That is not true especially going from model year to model year.

·
Registered
199 Posts
not only that a dealer cannot lock in an incentive offered by the factory...the dealer has no control over those incentives. People forget, other than selling the cars, the dealers have ZERO to do with Dodge. All dealers are independently owned and operated and are completely separated from cooperate for a reason.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
248 Posts
That is not true especially going from model year to model year.
Agree to disagree. I'm literally in the position listed. I ordered a 21' at an agreed price less any rebates at the time of delivery. My 22' is the exact same price and again, less any incentives at the time of delivery.

not only that a dealer cannot lock in an incentive offered by the factory...the dealer has no control over those incentives. People forget, other than selling the cars, the dealers have ZERO to do with Dodge. All dealers are independently owned and operated and are completely separated from cooperate for a reason.
Agreed. But I have also ordered cars and had dealers agree to lock in the current incentive with them and they absorb the cost. Meaning, if the incentive is $2,000 at the time of order and it swings to $750 at delivery, they eat the $1,250.

·
Registered
136 Posts

Another gem we got here. Since you trust them so much, make sure you buy all of the stuff they offer you when you sign the paperwork.

I hope you get your car soon. Hopefully you won't need anyone's help here trying to find out where your car is when you keep getting the same BS from your dealer and chat.

Ask a lot of people here how fun that's been the last year and a half 😉
Actually, the dealer he ordered from adds ONLY tax, tags, license, an $450 for doc fees. No other costs "required."

They also honor the originally quoted price AND, proactively contact the customer with a status (salesperson runs all status on orders every other weeks and either calls, texts, or emails depending on customer request). She does know how special orders work.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,717 Posts
Agree to disagree. I'm literally in the position listed. I ordered a 21' at an agreed price less any rebates at the time of delivery. My 22' is the exact same price and again, less any incentives at the time of delivery.
That's good of your dealer to do that as his cost and what he will owe Dodge with his higher invoice price for the 22, is going to be more.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's good of your dealer to do that as his cost and what he will owe Dodge with his higher invoice price for the 22, is going to be more.
Agreed.

·
Premium Member
Charger Hellcat Widebody
75 Posts
think you dealer is bs you because my good friend does my deals and said that’s not possible.
Any rebates on the model you ordered will still apply. Must be for your make, model and year.

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
So your saying I ordered a 21 which is now a 22 and ur getting 21 incentives?
Nope. Post #83 clearly says same price less incentives.

·
Registered
561 Posts

Agreed. But I have also ordered cars and had dealers agree to lock in the current incentive with them and they absorb the cost. Meaning, if the incentive is $2,000 at the time of order and it swings to $750 at delivery, they eat the $1,250.
I have bought dozens of cars, so I can't believe the dealer is willing to "eat" any kind of money loss.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have bought dozens of cars, so I can't believe the dealer is willing to "eat" any kind of money loss.
The car is also 5% under invoice... Imagine that.

·
Registered
2020 White Charger Hellcat w Black Leather/Alcantara Interior, Black Roof, Red Calipers & HK Stereo
98 Posts
Hey guys! Thanks.
My dealer is great! I have a very good relationship with my salesman.. I have purchased 6 vehicles from him. I was able to get for MSRP and they took a little off the top for me. Honestly was very surprised.
-22 JB
SmokeShow with satin black hood/roof/trunk
All matching blacked out Bages/exhaust tips/calipers
Red interior
Upgraded sound
Carbon fiber ascents
Red lighted steering wheel
Matching red lined floor mats
Build was about 94. Walked out of dealer paying 90. Built my dream car… to drive it not to store it and try to make money on it… I have noticed a lot of people have been talking about how the 22or23 could be an “investment” no no. Im gonna tear the rubber off those tires all day long. I might as well start looking for tires. Haha. Either way… very very excited.
Congrats on the ride. Nice build! I am partial to the Red Calipers tho. My Charger Hellcat has the Leather Dash and Nappa Alcantara seats and Steering Wheel.
May you enjoy it in good health for many, many miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New Member here… and a new member of the Hellcat family (soon).

I’m sorry if posted this in the wrong thread; I just ordered a jailbreak on 1/4/2022. What is everyone thinking the lead time will be? Dealer told me 12/14 weeks. Is that what everyone is hearing?
That’s awesome congrats bro!!! That’s crazy I just ordered a superstock on the same day. Mine was was around 95k, but I’m putting 25k down. My salesman said about 3-4 months.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
29 Posts
Hey guys! Thanks.
My dealer is great! I have a very good relationship with my salesman.. I have purchased 6 vehicles from him. I was able to get for MSRP and they took a little off the top for me. Honestly was very surprised.
-22 JB
SmokeShow with satin black hood/roof/trunk
All matching blacked out Bages/exhaust tips/calipers
Red interior
Upgraded sound
Carbon fiber ascents
Red lighted steering wheel
Matching red lined floor mats
Build was about 94. Walked out of dealer paying 90. Built my dream car… to drive it not to store it and try to make money on it… I have noticed a lot of people have been talking about how the 22or23 could be an “investment” no no. Im gonna tear the rubber off those tires all day long. I might as well start looking for tires. Haha. Either way… very very excited.
I always buy ‘em six at a time.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts