SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Ordered 2022 Jailbreak

28K views 257 replies 51 participants last post by  Truckerswag 
#1 ·
New Member here… and a new member of the Hellcat family (soon).

I’m sorry if posted this in the wrong thread; I just ordered a jailbreak on 1/4/2022. What is everyone thinking the lead time will be? Dealer told me 12/14 weeks. Is that what everyone is hearing?

#4 ·
Hey guys! Thanks.
My dealer is great! I have a very good relationship with my salesman.. I have purchased 6 vehicles from him. I was able to get for MSRP and they took a little off the top for me. Honestly was very surprised.
-22 JB
SmokeShow with satin black hood/roof/trunk
All matching blacked out Bages/exhaust tips/calipers
Red interior
Upgraded sound
Carbon fiber ascents
Red lighted steering wheel
Matching red lined floor mats
Build was about 94. Walked out of dealer paying 90. Built my dream car… to drive it not to store it and try to make money on it… I have noticed a lot of people have been talking about how the 22or23 could be an “investment” no no. Im gonna tear the rubber off those tires all day long. I might as well start looking for tires. Haha. Either way… very very excited.

#5 ·
Sounds like a legit car. Congrats. I have a question though maybe you can answer. I have to have my final build sheet done today so I can send it off tomorrow morning.

On the website the jailbreak has 3 steering wheel options selectable. It doesn’t list what the standard is I’m assuming it’s the leather wrapped with red Led SRT logo(what you have)? That’s what I want seems like no extra charge for it.

BTW you got a great deal then I will be happy with MSRP just to get one in order and guarantee I’ll get one.

#7 ·
Ok. The website really isn’t that great I’ll have to go over it all with the dealer tomorrow on the phone. For example even the badging they show the options but not what the standard finish is.

#9 ·
See I think the standard badge would be a light black chrome the same as on the red eye. Yeah. Website sucks.

I also think the standard red eye gets the leather steering wheel with red LED so that shouldn’t be a charged option. That sucks if it is.

#11 ·
You sure about that? You can’t even select a leather wheel with red LED when you order a jailbreak online.

You can select leather with a white LED and get charged. Also Alcantara wheels will be charged.

Either way I’m just going by what I can do when I price out and option a jailbreak online. I sent it to the dealer and I will have these questions answered tomorrow. But from the logic of the website if you keep the standard jailbreak option for the steering wheel and badges it will be what the red eye has.

#30 ·
I can tell you my experience but it will shed no light as it was a strange one. I ordered a 21 redeye early Oct. Two days later I had a VIN. A couple of weeks later I had a build date of 12/13, then a build date of 1/11/22, then a suspended build(meaning no date) then it got a build date of 11/29. I actually was built on 11/29 and shipped on 12/1. I received an email from Dodge saying it would be delivered the week of 12/25. It showed up at the dealer 12/9 and I took delivery of it on 12/13 which was my original build date. Any call for an update would have sent me to the moon. There is no rhyme or reason to anything Dodge is doing building these things

#31 ·
Thanks for your prompt response TM. Your answer helps some. A VIN seems to be the next "stage gate" (glad I don't work for a living anymore, but it's programmed into me). Hopefully, some other posters can weigh in on expected timing. As a default, I will give the salesman a couple weeks and just ask very politely if he has heard anything. Thanks

#32 ·
I placed my order for a JB on 12/31. Still no vin. I’ve been checking with dodge chat every few days so I don’t bother the dealer too much. My order sheet says build priority 01. Not real sure what that means. My dealer also told me 12 weeks wait time. He also printed me out a paper from dodge website or something that says December allocation:162 units. He didn’t really know exactly what that meant
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

#33 ·
I placed my order for a JB on 12/31. Still no vin. I’ve been checking with dodge chat every few days so I don’t bother the dealer too much. My order sheet says build priority 01. Not real sure what that means. My dealer also told me 12 weeks wait time. He also printed me out a paper from dodge website or something that says December allocation:162 units. He didn’t really know exactly what that meant
Okay Mr. Pool Guy, your salesman and mine sound a bit alike. All these customer orders and interaction with the factory and production schedulers is just out of scope for them. So I learned something new. Never heard of Dodge Chat. My build priority is also 01. I will run this Dodge Chat to ground. I'm not in a panic nor hurry so it's just a learning experience. Sounds like we are in a similar boat. I bet we get some more input from the board. There are folks on here that are experts in these matters and they tend to be very helpful. Thanks again for your help!!

#40 ·
I ordered my standard challenger HCWB on 12/12/21 and it was priority build 99. When I checked in with the dealer on the 29th I had a vin in D status and now states build priority 01
From the two dodges I’ve ordered from factory (one priority 99, one priority 1…ironically the 1 is taking longer), this is for the dealership.

Say the dealership has 5 challengers ordered. All of them are 99s. But then another order is placed, and the dealership marks it a 1. It means that for that specific dealerships orders, that exact build takes precedent. I have been told it doesn’t change anything at the factory, it’s simply for the dealership, the order of their orders, if that makes sense.

#43 ·
I ordered my HC on 10-13. On 10-15 I had a POC with a VIN and a change to D status. It did not start down the assembly line until 11-16, KZ status on 11-18, and then to storage in Brampton.

On 12-1 the car was shipped via rail from Brampton, on 12-3 it was in Green River, WY, and on 12-7 it was on the ground in Portland, OR waiting for transport to the dealership.

My VIN was issued 30 days before the car started down the assembly line.

The dealership had detailed info on the car's location after it left the plant throughout transport.

My dealership was interested enough to keep me updated or answered my questions when asked. Some dealerships, I know, do not operate this way, but they have access to the info if they care enough to look.

#52 ·
In general, the big takeaway is that once the car starts actually getting built, it'll advance through a number of codes in a single day. It's not uncommon for it to go from build scheduled to built in a couple days' time. The period it sits at the outfit center is directly related to the number of options selected. Not all options are installed there, but things like stripes, PSG, HK stereo, and others require a stay at the outfitter. For folks who like to ping the factory every other day looking for movement on their builds, it can look a lot like nothing is happening as it will sit there... and sit there... and sit there. Then, it will sit a few more days awaiting final inspection.

I can't stress enough that even after the car is done, depending on where you live, it will still take time to get the car. It has to clear customs at the port facility and the trip to your locale will vary on distance and by the number of hops it has to take. I live in FL, so that's almost the furthest it has to travel in their whole system. For me, it took about 2 weeks to go from the shipping yard to arrival in Orlando. Then, a week and a half to make it to my driveway.

#61 ·
In general, the big takeaway is that once the car starts actually getting built, it'll advance through a number of codes in a single day. It's not uncommon for it to go from build scheduled to built in a couple days' time. The period it sits at the outfit center is directly related to the number of options selected. Not all options are installed there, but things like stripes, PSG, HK stereo, and others require a stay at the outfitter. For folks who like to ping the factory every other day looking for movement on their builds, it can look a lot like nothing is happening as it will sit there... and sit there... and sit there. Then, it will sit a few more days awaiting final inspection.

I can't stress enough that even after the car is done, depending on where you live, it will still take time to get the car. It has to clear customs at the port facility and the trip to your locale will vary on distance and by the number of hops it has to take. I live in FL, so that's almost the furthest it has to travel in their whole system. For me, it took about 2 weeks to go from the shipping yard to arrival in Orlando. Then, a week and a half to make it to my driveway.

Again 100% wrong...the only thing the upfitter does is stripes and painted hoods.

#54 ·
ADM for a Challenger is foolish
Only a Fool would pay ADM.

#59 ·
That is awesome.
MSRP is great in today's climate, most dealers seems to be adding ADM on all makes and models, even more on specialty vehicles such as these. I did find a few dealerships that would say MSRP but when it came right down to it they started the dealer installed options. Something like nitrogen filled tires for $799, ceramic tint for $1,999, Stain proofing for $699, ding protection for $3,099 lol and so on.
Buyer beware keep a eye on the fine print.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.