SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I just ordered a new 2021 Charger HC WB on 7/19/21 and was just curious what the ETAs were and how to check the status (other than pestering the dealer). The dealer said they have been taking 6-8wks but, that hes seen a few come in at the 4wk mark. I received the VIN number about a week and a half ago and he said things seem to be moving quickly (fingers crossed).

· Premium Member
2021 Black Widebody Challenger Redeye
3,257 Posts
Check out the order tracking thread, most are taking longer than that. And pester your dealer, they can look up up to date info. That's what they are there for. Good luck & just forget about it for a while.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out the order tracking thread, most are taking longer than that. And pester your dealer, they can look up up to date info. That's what they are there for. Good luck & just forget about it for a while.
Thanks Mattm400... Forgetting about it is definitely easier said than done haha 😅.. I was able to chat with someone at SRT sounds like its in the beginning build stages now.. Ill try my best to push it to the back of my mind for a while haha.

· Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
635 Posts
Congrats on your Charger! Timelines are all over the place. Seems to be dealer dependent. Some are 6 weeks. I ordered my car 4/27. It got pushed 3 times. My car is finally built and on a train. If all goes well from this point, I’m looking at 13 to 15 weeks! Good luck!

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,718 Posts
Take Matt's advice. After doing this multiple times I've learned to forget about it. Makes the time whiz by. But go ahead and focus on it - and watch the paint dry while youre at it. Time stops. Trust me, find something else to do for 8 weeks. It'll be much faster that way lol.

· HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,718 Posts
Reactions: RB185AFM

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on your Challenger! Timelines are all over the place. Seems to be dealer dependent. Some are 6 weeks. I ordered my car 4/27. It got pushed 3 times. My car is finally built and on a train. If all goes well from this point, I’m looking at 13 to 15 weeks! Good luck!
Thanks pumped for it. And yeah, thats what ive seen. Thank you!

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take Matt's advice. After doing this multiple times I've learned to forget about it. Makes the time whiz by. But go ahead and focus on it - and watch the paint dry while youre at it. Time stops. Trust me, find something else to do for 8 weeks. It'll be much faster that way lol.
Yeah, im trying.. Its like going to bed knowing santas on his way, just dont know when hell be here lmao... Im mainly concerned with the incentives. I really want to be able to take advantage of the 0% APR they are offering right now. But, youre right.

· Read Only
132 Posts
Got it. Thanks. How long did it take once you got the vin to receive the estimated ship date?
Once you get a VIN, you will get an estimated ship date assigned. It is never correct, it will continually move around until your car hits the assembly line. Mine was originally scheduled to ship around 7/15, now it is estimated to be shipped closer to late this month or early September. But I am still in D1 status, and not on the line yet.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Once you get a VIN, you will get an estimated ship date assigned. It is never correct, it will continually move around until your car hits the assembly line. Mine was originally scheduled to ship around 7/15, now it is estimated to be shipped closer to late this month or early September. But I am still in D1 status, and not on the line yet.
Got it. It sounds like mine has hit the line already according to SRT. My dealer hasnt given me an estimated date yet however (which is fine, like you said its sort of arbitrary). That is odd that yours is still waiting? I wonder how they determine priority

· Registered
86 Posts
Mine is a 2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody. They seem to be building more Chargers, they probably move through their line quicker.
If you ordered a manual transmission, check out the
[IMG alt="Gbgori66"]https://www.hellcat.org/d2/avatars/s/103/103578.jpg?1617678094[/IMG]
2021 challenger manual transmission
Thread. If you ordered an automatic, then I don't know what the hold up is. But if you did order a manual transmission, production is halted till sometime in October....due to parts shortage....I think. Stellantis and/or Dodge are being evasive, and vague on the subject.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.