SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2022 Jailbreak last week. Getting it at MSRP. Ordered it in Octane Red with black Laguna leather. I also opted for the Harmon Kardon, power sunroof, black calipers, and carbon fibre dash bezel and console. I'll be trading in my 2017 Charger Hellcat. They said it could be 3-4 months for delivery.

My 2017 is equipped with the Harmon Kardon and power sunroof so those were must haves again.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
303 Posts
Moparking, What dose that mean?

I 2 just ordered a 2022 Charger Hellcat widebody Jailbreak. My dealer said they are not sure if it will be picked up cause they do not have any allocations for Hellcats an again I don’t know what that means dealership wise I feel an order is a order so, someone please explain, help me out here…

·
Registered
903 Posts
Moparking, What dose that mean?

I 2 just ordered a 2022 Charger Hellcat widebody Jailbreak. My dealer said they are not sure if it will be picked up cause they do not have any allocations for Hellcats an again I don’t know what that means dealership wise I feel an order is a order so, someone please explain, help me out here…
Dealers are given allocations (number of cars they are allowed to order) for the Jailbreak. Dealers with higher volumes are given more (I've heard two Challengers and two Chargers in some cases), other dealers aren't getting any allocations. A dealer can put in an order for anything they want but the factory has to accept the order, so if the dealer doesn't have an allocation where required...

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
303 Posts
MJS73, Thank you for your help an quick answer! So it’s more then likely my order will not be picked up as an ordered car? So I need to find a dealer with an allocation too make this order go through? Your thoughts?

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,758 Posts
I wouldn't sweat it. Most if not all of the JB orders are on hold. They haven't started building them yet (as of last Thursday anyway). Most of us who ordered in December are in the same status you are.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
303 Posts
Xylander, I’m a bit worried about it cause my dealer dose not have any allocations attached to it for any Hellcats. If I have to wait cause there not building any at the moment I’m fine with that but what I don’t want is for them to start building them then they get to mine then I have to reorder my car and get back in line. I wish there was a way I could find out what the process is dealer wise I’m going to go to the dealer today an see what can be done and or find a dealership that has one open for me…

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break on order
738 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong; if the dealer places a JB order and they get the order accepted status(whatever code that is) doesn't mean that they have an allocation? The dealer told me that my order was accepted, I got that status within a week of placing my order(no VIN yet).

If I'm correct then I would just verify they have the order accepted by Dodge.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,315 Posts
Please correct me if I'm wrong; if the dealer places a JB order and they get the order accepted status(whatever code that is) doesn't mean that they have an allocation? The dealer told me that my order was accepted, I got that status within a week of placing my order(no VIN yet).

If I'm correct then I would just verify they have the order accepted by Dodge.
What is the actual status code?

D status I don't think means much, now D1 with a build or estinated ship date is what you want to see.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
303 Posts
Reaperhwk, Yes! I was told something very similar. I just came back from my dealer and this is what they told me as far as my order status. I’m in the compute my car and my name now I’m at a DX status that really means nothing until dodge picks it up and gives it a date or vin# but a vin # won’t come until they are days away from building it… Now I only put in the order in 2 days ago so I have a week togo before I get crazy again…

Slidd, I hope to see a D1 or a vin# but again my dealer has no allocations for a hellcat so my chances are very slim what in getting this car!!

They also told me that there’s only 200 of these cars made is that true?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
303 Posts
The more & more i read and hear the more confused I’ve become! So this is what I’m understanding and someone please tell me if I’m right, close or way off. I read a few articles that said only “Powerbroker dealers“ can order jailbreak hellcats I’ve also read that any dealer can order jailbreak Hellcat and all articles or dodge publications… I’ve even watched some YouTube that states the same things!! What/ who is right?

·
Registered
21 Hellcat Charger
737 Posts
I ordered a 2022 Jailbreak last week. Getting it at MSRP. Ordered it in Octane Red with black Laguna leather. I also opted for the Harmon Kardon, power sunroof, black calipers, and carbon fibre dash bezel and console. I'll be trading in my 2017 Charger Hellcat. They said it could be 3-4 months for delivery.

My 2017 is equipped with the Harmon Kardon and power sunroof so those were must haves again.
Why order a jailbreak when you are getting standard color/interior?? Whats the purpose. The Jailbreak is not a special car, its the ability to mix and match weird or custom colors for exterior, interior, wheels, stripes and so on. If you are ordering a normal color inside/outside, then get a redeye...

·
Registered
695 Posts
What is the actual status code?

D status I don't think means much, now D1 with a build or estinated ship date is what you want to see.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
D status is important with these cars because it confirms your dealer’s claim that they have allocation. I just went through it with the first dealer I tried (Slidd knows what I’m talking about) and it took them 2-3 weeks to tell me they didn’t actually have allocation. Car was in BX status the entire time.

Today, I re-ordered with another dealer who “guaranteed” allocation. A friend of mine has an order in and he’s been given a VIN and D status. His POC has also had the “guaranteed scheduling” item code on it since the VON was generated, which also indicates good allocation.

As far as overall production, no one really knows. Dodge refuses to call this a limited production vehicle, but they seem to be limiting allocation quite a bit. I’m not sure why they’re playing it like this, but I’m no marketing expert.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Why order a jailbreak when you are getting standard color/interior?? Whats the purpose. The Jailbreak is not a special car, its the ability to mix and match weird or custom colors for exterior, interior, wheels, stripes and so on. If you are ordering a normal color inside/outside, then get a redeye...
Rarity/bragging rights, I assume.

I did the F8 with brass badges and wheels and peanut butter interior. Can’t go wrong with that color combo if you want to look like an asshole, so it’s perfect for me.

·
Registered
21 Hellcat Charger
737 Posts
D status is important with these cars because it confirms your dealer’s claim that they have allocation. I just went through it with the first dealer I tried (Slidd knows what I’m talking about) and it took them 2-3 weeks to tell me they didn’t actually have allocation. Car was in BX status the entire time.

Today, I re-ordered with another dealer who “guaranteed” allocation. A friend of mine has an order in and he’s been given a VIN and D status. His POC has also had the “guaranteed scheduling” item code on it since the VON was generated, which also indicates good allocation.

As far as overall production, no one really knows. Dodge refuses to call this a limited production vehicle, but they seem to be limiting allocation quite a bit. I’m not sure why they’re playing it like this, but I’m no marketing expert.
They are limiting allocation because of the on-going chip shortage causing parts shortage. Thats why they keep idling plants and sending workers home. They dont have parts to meet demand and need to feather it in...

·
Registered
21 Hellcat Charger
737 Posts
Rarity/bragging rights, I assume.

I did the F8 with brass badges and wheels and peanut butter interior. Can’t go wrong with that color combo if you want to look like an asshole, so it’s perfect for me.
Thats the thing. its not rare. Its not a special car. Its literally just the ability to option a car out to something dodge normally wouldnt allow. And furthermore in 21, you could do most of the same options as the 22 jailbreak on the normal HC and RE. They took all the options away and not reserve them for this magical jailbreak and also charge more at the base price. You are paying extra for what you could get normally last year.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts