SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,312 Posts
Does anyone have any idea why the technology group on the jailbreak is $1295 and only offers 2 of the 4 items in the package- BUT the same package on the superstock is $495 and only list 2 items???
People have been asking that question since the Redeye first came out in 2019, it's just the way they priced it back then and it continues to be the same today. They must figure those paying this much for a Redeye already and wanting a loaded car are not going to quibble about $800 so there you go, they'll gladly take that extra $800.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,754 Posts
Yeah, I like the auto wipers, but not the headlights. Sadly, you can't a la carte order those options. With the Redeye not being able to be equipped with adaptive cruise, I'm not gonna pay $1,295 for auto wipers. I see the bad headlight system as a net detractor. It's so terrible.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
105 Posts
I got my allocation today for my challenger JB… 3 weeks with one dealership waisted (the dealership called me Friday with the bad news, they can’t get an allocation) I had already placed a second order with dealership #2 and after 3 days with a power dealership they got 1 allocation and put it towards my build.. So now the real wait starts.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I got my allocation today for my challenger JB… 3 weeks with one dealership waisted (the dealership called me Friday with the bad news, they can’t get an allocation) I had already placed a second order with dealership #2 and after 3 days with a power dealership they got 1 allocation and put it towards my build.. So now the real wait starts.
If you’re not in D status with a VIN in the next week or so, they’re probably bullshitting you. Be on the look out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats and good for you. I put a deposit down and 6 weeks later was told the car never moved out of BA status and was cancelled by the factory. This was 3 weeks ago, long before the power broker dealerships were anounced. I have had enough of this company and their games. They offer and advertise cars you can't buy. Jailbreaks were opened in December to order, yet they didn't build one till February 14th and a number of early orders have been cancelled. Anyway, congrats and enjoy.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
105 Posts
I understand, I spoke to maybe 10 dealerships and only 2 really knew what was going on and they were both power dealerships. 1 wanted a over msrp and wanted a crazy amount of money down and of course it’s a dealership in the Nashville area, a reinforcement of why I don’t buy cars here. The other was the Memphis dealership. Dodge has this so sideways it’s crazy. They are not making friends that’s for sure.

·
Registered
2022 Jailbreak coming
191 Posts
Just talked to Jake at Dan Cummins and he has an allocation for me:p
He was working with another customer and said hed call me back to place my order
My advice to others is to call or email him to ge on a wait list... thats what I did
Hes a great dude and moves a lot of cats thu
Talked to a power broker up here in Michigan yesterday and supposedly dodge has cut JB allocations in half
I guess im one of the lucky ones

-Murf-

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break on order
737 Posts
Just talked to Jake at Dan Cummins and he has an allocation for me:p
He was working with another customer and said hed call me back to place my order
My advice to others is to call or email him to ge on a wait list... thats what I did
Hes a great dude and moves a lot of cats thu
Talked to a power broker up here in Michigan yesterday and supposedly dodge has cut JB allocations in half
I guess im one of the lucky ones

-Murf-
So only JB’s are still available to order? All other wide bodies are closed for 2022 I read. I was confused if the JB was also closed for ordering.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Why order a jailbreak when you are getting standard color/interior?? Whats the purpose. The Jailbreak is not a special car, its the ability to mix and match weird or custom colors for exterior, interior, wheels, stripes and so on. If you are ordering a normal color inside/outside, then get a redeye...
The simple answer to your question is because I can. The more detailed answer is I'll be 64 this year. I have no desire to drive around in a brightly coloured 4 door sedan. I did take a good look at the different versions and the only one in the batch I liked was the frostbite blue with the silver stripes. I would have opted out of the stripes and still ordered black interior. The blue was my second choice but I originally wanted octane red when I bought my 2017 so since I was ordering this one, I opted for octane red. Admittedly, the allure of the Jailbreak over a standard Redeye was the additional 100bhp over my current Hellcat. It wasn't for any bragging rights. I'm impressed that a 4 door sedan can carry 800+bhp and still be a daily driver. Now if it can just get built and delivered before the summer, I'll be very happy.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1 Posts
I placed an order for a 22 Widebody Hellcat. My dealer had one allocation for a JB. When I priced it out, it was more than I wanted to pay. That’s why I went with a regular Hellcat widebody. I’m not sure if that used the JB allocation or not but I ordered it on April 20th and got a VIN 4 days later. I can only assume that’s a good thing that I got a VIN so quickly.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger Hellcat
18 Posts
I ordered a 2022 Jailbreak last week. Getting it at MSRP. Ordered it in Octane Red with black Laguna leather. I also opted for the Harmon Kardon, power sunroof, black calipers, and carbon fibre dash bezel and console. I'll be trading in my 2017 Charger Hellcat. They said it could be 3-4 months for delivery.

My 2017 is equipped with the Harmon Kardon and power sunroof so those were must haves again.
Wow thats dope

101 - 120 of 128 Posts