SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Ordered a 2022 Jailbreak

24K views 141 replies 29 participants last post by  nashvillecat 
#1 ·
I ordered a 2022 Jailbreak last week. Getting it at MSRP. Ordered it in Octane Red with black Laguna leather. I also opted for the Harmon Kardon, power sunroof, black calipers, and carbon fibre dash bezel and console. I'll be trading in my 2017 Charger Hellcat. They said it could be 3-4 months for delivery.

My 2017 is equipped with the Harmon Kardon and power sunroof so those were must haves again.

#5 ·
Moparking, What dose that mean?

I 2 just ordered a 2022 Charger Hellcat widebody Jailbreak. My dealer said they are not sure if it will be picked up cause they do not have any allocations for Hellcats an again I don’t know what that means dealership wise I feel an order is a order so, someone please explain, help me out here…

#6 ·
Dealers are given allocations (number of cars they are allowed to order) for the Jailbreak. Dealers with higher volumes are given more (I've heard two Challengers and two Chargers in some cases), other dealers aren't getting any allocations. A dealer can put in an order for anything they want but the factory has to accept the order, so if the dealer doesn't have an allocation where required...

#8 ·
I wouldn't sweat it. Most if not all of the JB orders are on hold. They haven't started building them yet (as of last Thursday anyway). Most of us who ordered in December are in the same status you are.

#9 ·
Xylander, I’m a bit worried about it cause my dealer dose not have any allocations attached to it for any Hellcats. If I have to wait cause there not building any at the moment I’m fine with that but what I don’t want is for them to start building them then they get to mine then I have to reorder my car and get back in line. I wish there was a way I could find out what the process is dealer wise I’m going to go to the dealer today an see what can be done and or find a dealership that has one open for me…

#10 ·
Please correct me if I'm wrong; if the dealer places a JB order and they get the order accepted status(whatever code that is) doesn't mean that they have an allocation? The dealer told me that my order was accepted, I got that status within a week of placing my order(no VIN yet).

If I'm correct then I would just verify they have the order accepted by Dodge.

#11 ·
Please correct me if I'm wrong; if the dealer places a JB order and they get the order accepted status(whatever code that is) doesn't mean that they have an allocation? The dealer told me that my order was accepted, I got that status within a week of placing my order(no VIN yet).

If I'm correct then I would just verify they have the order accepted by Dodge.
What is the actual status code?

D status I don't think means much, now D1 with a build or estinated ship date is what you want to see.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Reaperhwk, Yes! I was told something very similar. I just came back from my dealer and this is what they told me as far as my order status. I’m in the compute my car and my name now I’m at a DX status that really means nothing until dodge picks it up and gives it a date or vin# but a vin # won’t come until they are days away from building it… Now I only put in the order in 2 days ago so I have a week togo before I get crazy again…

Slidd, I hope to see a D1 or a vin# but again my dealer has no allocations for a hellcat so my chances are very slim what in getting this car!!

They also told me that there’s only 200 of these cars made is that true?

#13 ·
The more & more i read and hear the more confused I’ve become! So this is what I’m understanding and someone please tell me if I’m right, close or way off. I read a few articles that said only “Powerbroker dealers“ can order jailbreak hellcats I’ve also read that any dealer can order jailbreak Hellcat and all articles or dodge publications… I’ve even watched some YouTube that states the same things!! What/ who is right?

#22 ·
THIS is why you would order a jailbreak. Go mango car with peanut butter interior, blue stripes/calipers and brass monkey wheels. This combo is what the jailbreak was make for. Not your normal colors/wheels combos. You are paying extra to make a super custom car that odds are only YOU would love. And in the end would probably be worth less to the general public.

Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Grille

#33 ·
That looks like a 1980's Denver Broncos edition! Love it!

#35 ·
Reaperhwk, Thank you

Vet Rider, Thank you as well I would like one but I’m not going to go crazy for one plus I read that there’s two more models coming out before this model change!! Maybe the Hellelephant is one of them

njsteve, HAHA but at the end of day it’s not ours it’s his and if he likes it & pays for it who are we!!?

Citrus90, I hope so in my case!!

#44 ·
Citrus90, I found a a powerbroker dealer with an allocation coming next month they already sold 3 Jailbreaks and 2 of them are in the final stages of vin numbers one of them has a vin already.

The reason I feel I need a powerbroker dealer is that I what to have all the add ons that would add up to 100hp more with the factory warranty I feel it would make life easier for me. Plus this dealer has a completely separate section designated for the direct connection department which offered me so much more then my local dealer could/ did. This dealer maid me feel like they had there finger on the pluse and will hold my hand through the process. The last time I felt like this at a dealer I bought a BMW M5 they made you feel the lifestyle…. I’m very happy that I changed my order to a powerbroker dealer!

#45 ·
don't know if this is the thread or not but here goes... I am pissed off beyond belief! I ordered a Jail Break back on 12/14/21 from a dealer... I got the POC with the VON and everything. Later on the told me the car was in BX Status which means the order has been accepted and waiting to be built. Fast forward to today 2/18/22 and the dealer jus called me and they told me "that is turns out that they don't have an allocation for and SRT" and I am out of luck. I put down a deposit and they quoted me a price and wrote it down on the Priced Order Confirmation sheet. My question is... do I have a leg to stand on legally speaking... Do I need to get a lawyer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.