SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, been a short few months away from the board. Couldn’t recover my old account so I made a new one

I had a great 2019 SP WB m6 car, that was a gateway into a 2018 HC WB M6. Absolutely loved that car, but took advantage of the market and made some serious coin about 6 months ago. Picked up a Mustang GT PP as I wanted something to road course race, and really fell I love with the sport and chassis. Got the car to a a point where I wanted more track capability so I picked up a new for track duty. Love the car for what I use it for, but I truly miss the comfy hellcat experience.

So today I ordered a indigo blue on red WBHC charger to add to my line up. Very excited to be back in a hellcat for Sunday cruises with the family! Let the long wait begin ahah
The Scat pack
Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

HCWB
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Sky

base GT performance pack
Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille Car

mach1
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
quite a stable you're building there. welcome back to MOPAR. How do you like the Mach1 compared to the PP GT? Both 6 speeds? PP2?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
1,368 Posts
The Mach 1 is a car I could never in a million years pay money for. Especially when you can still get unsold GT350s and lightly used ones. Still can't believe Ford yanked the GT350 and replaced it with a GT with an optional GT350 trans and vinyl sticker package. The GT350 is a heck of a phenomenal track machine. The Mach 1 is a standard jack-of-all grocery getter by comparison.

That coupled with that Mustang mini van/SUV thing is why I divorced from Ford, permanently.

·
Registered
2017 HC Challenger. no tune----yet.
397 Posts
The Mach 1 is a car I could never in a million years pay money for. Especially when you can still get unsold GT350s and lightly used ones. Still can't believe Ford yanked the GT350 and replaced it with a GT with an optional GT350 trans and vinyl sticker package. The GT350 is a heck of a phenomenal track machine. The Mach 1 is a standard jack-of-all grocery getter by comparison.

That coupled with that Mustang mini van/SUV thing is why I divorced from Ford, permanently.
TRUE THAT.
FURD SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF ITSELF FOR THAT ABOMINATION

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Wow what a great amount of misinformation and ignorance.

I won’t harp to long on the extremely well documented class action lawsuit on Ford for the horrific gong show the 5.2 voodoo engine is, but more focus on the improvements and similarities the Mach 1 has for track use.

My Mach1 couldn’t be more different as a track vehicle over the PP GT. Mach1 has all the engine, trans, and rear diff cooling the gt350 had. It also has all the downforce with a 150% gain over a PP at speed. Same Michelin cup 2s and magnaride shocks and struts. It has the same tremec trans also, which is a night and day over the MT 82. Mach 1 also features rear control arms, and subframe from a GT350. Adjustable camber plates up front, along with the intake, TB, and cai from the gt350.

Now if your a guy who values what colour your stripes are, and who does cool airbrushing under your hood, you won’t see the value. But for the guys who actually use these cars on track, the value is easily seen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quite a stable you're building there. welcome back to MOPAR. How do you like the Mach1 compared to the PP GT? Both 6 speeds? PP2?
mach1 is a completely different car in comparison. My GT had a lot of chassis and suspension modifications for road course use, but the mach1 is an immediate level up.

both 6 speed cars, but the GT has a mt82, which had a lot of hot gear grind on the long stretches. See a lot of guys breaking the mt82, so to get the tremec in the Mach1 was a massive incentive.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
1,368 Posts
Wow what a great amount of misinformation and ignorance.

I won’t harp to long on the extremely well documented class action lawsuit on Ford for the horrific gong show the 5.2 voodoo engine is, but more focus on the improvements and similarities the Mach 1 has for track use.

My Mach1 couldn’t be more different as a track vehicle over the PP GT. Mach1 has all the engine, trans, and rear diff cooling the gt350 had. It also has all the downforce with a 150% gain over a PP at speed. Same Michelin cup 2s and magnaride shocks and struts. It has the same tremec trans also, which is a night and day over the MT 82. Mach 1 also features rear control arms, and subframe from a GT350. Adjustable camber plates up front, along with the intake, TB, and cai from the gt350.

Now if your a guy who values what colour your stripes are, and who does cool airbrushing under your hood, you won’t see the value. But for the guys who actually use these cars on track, the value is easily seen.
The early Voodoo had issues, but those were remedied. Hence why I would never drop a dollar on a Mach 1, as it is a downgrade from a more capable car. Try as it may, the Mach 1 is simply a less capable GT350 for similar cost. Period.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The early Voodoo had issues, but those were remedied. Hence why I would never drop a dollar on a Mach 1, as it is a downgrade from a more capable car. Try as it may, the Mach 1 is simply a less capable GT350 for similar cost. Period.
Sorry to break your theory, but the engine problem is alive and well right up to end of production. Lots of low mileage, street driven Voodoo's failing. a daily topic from Voodoo owners on M6G.com

How many laps do you have behind the wheel of a S550? You seem to know a lot about there capabilities.

·
Registered
390 Posts
For a short minute a few years ago I thought about getting a GT350. The Voodoo 5.2 was a huge draw, as well as a huge gamble. So many problems that it ultimately steered me to look at the HC. Comfort, space, and just plain old school muscle kept me here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the GT350's, they are amazing cars and the car i would buy if they didn't have that engine issue.

I miss the comfort, space, and theatrics of the HC, its a great platform.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,434 Posts
nice. I love the mach1! now that they ditched that mt82 transmission that must be a great car.

Did you sell those BC wheels that were on the blue car?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
1,368 Posts
Sorry to break your theory, but the engine problem is alive and well right up to end of production. Lots of low mileage, street driven Voodoo's failing. a daily topic from Voodoo owners on M6G.com

How many laps do you have behind the wheel of a S550? You seem to know a lot about there capabilities.
A lot. I have a class II SCCA racing license. I've owned a 2017 GT350R, 2 2015 GTs. Never had any issues with the GT350R. But, you're getting your info from M6G, which is a cesspit of alarmism. The green car below, ran over 40k miles of hard track and road use with the majority of its time boosted on the stock OPG. I did switch to the billet OPG when we built a new motor to hold 25psi. Because, why not? We built up a complete short block from scratch. Fun fact about this car. It was the car Cervinis used to perform initial tests of this hood for the S550. So, for every Mustang you see with this hood, it was modeled after the fitment done using this car. It was also one of the first cars to receive the prototype HO Stage 2 ProCharger kit for fitment testing on the D series head unit. This car was first ProCharged in November of 2014.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

In all, I've owned 11 Mustangs between 1967 and 2018 model years. 3 S550s. And, for fun, note the license tag. When Ford ticked me and my shop off, we fired them as one of our sponsors and I literally traded this blown Mustang in on a Hellcat. Kept the tag as a permanent middle finger to Ford.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for actually responding with factual data, this never happens on a forum. Looks like you actually aren't talking out of your ass online lol.

I still cannot agree with you on your 350 engine standpoint, still lots of failures, even on 2020's. One of my extremely close friends had a 2016 gt350R since new, had lots of issues, and just ended up not being to trust the car on track, ended up selling it and picking up a Mach1 for dependable track use. You've got the connections, Id suggest getting behind the wheel of a mach 1 on track, your opinion might change.

Hand Font Gesture Thumb Wrist

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
1,368 Posts
Thanks for actually responding with factual data, this never happens on a forum. Looks like you actually aren't talking out of your ass online lol.

I still cannot agree with you on your 350 engine standpoint, still lots of failures, even on 2020's. One of my extremely close friends had a 2016 gt350R since new, had lots of issues, and just ended up not being to trust the car on track, ended up selling it and picking up a Mach1 for dependable track use. You've got the connections, Id suggest getting behind the wheel of a mach 1 on track, your opinion might change.

View attachment 581640
I think you misunderstand. I'm not saying the Mach 1 isn't a competent car. It is. I'm simply stating that it is not as capable as a GT350 and Ford is charging similar prices for it. For a track focused car like my GT350R was, it was never used on the street. I trailered it to tracks and I don't think I ever even took it to car shows, car meets, or anything. It probably did only 50-100 miles of its 6,000 or so miles on the odo on public streets. In that time, it went through about 40 sets of brakes... it was a track car for me. Therefore, if I was in the market for an S550 track car, I'd still opt for the GT350, as it is more bang for the buck and a better specialty performer.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,705 Posts
Your going to love the charger. 19’ Hellcat charger I use as my semi-daily and Redeye WB for weekends. I got the demonic red leather in my charger as well it’s amazing and the bucket seats are so comfortable. I’ll also add It handles and rides better with the longer wheel base and more balanced weight distribution.

Reactions: GOING TO HELL 19

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,575 Posts
I absolutely love the Mach1 and seriously considered getting rid of the GT500 to get into one. The Jet Fighter Gray with orange calipers and appearance package make it a beautiful machine. Plus add the the Tremec six speed option and you can’t get a better Mustang. It has all the best suspension parts from the GT350 & GT500. I wish it had the shaker hood! Ford stopped production of the handling pack for winter months so that stopped me from ordering one.

Check out reviews for the Mach1, they’re all super positive that praise it to the highest level. Most mags are saying it’s the best 5.0 Mustang built to date.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,705 Posts
I absolutely love the Mach1 and seriously considered getting rid of the GT500 to get into one. The Jet Fighter Gray with orange calipers and appearance package make it a beautiful machine. Plus add the the Tremec six speed option and you can’t get a better Mustang. It has all the best suspension parts from the GT350 & GT500. I wish it had the shaker hood! Ford stopped production of the handling pack for winter months so that stopped me from ordering one.

Check out reviews for the Mach1, they’re all super positive that praise it to the highest level. Most mags are saying it’s the best 5.0 Mustang built to date.
2022 Mustang Mach 1 -10hp and 2022 Gt.. down 480 to 470 and GT down 460 to 450. Not much but kinda Stinks a bit they’re detuning them for emissions regulations

·
Registered
390 Posts
@Pappagray Do you remember what wheels you had on the Scat Pack? (Please say yes.) Those things just pop and make me want to add them to my Christmas list

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
109 Posts
The performance numbers from the 2018+ Mustangs are impressive. I just can't past the UFO shape. Hideous IMO. The color on the Mach1 in this thread is out of this world gorgeous though. Is that fighter jet gray? It looks darker on Ford's website than it does in the picture.

If I liked the way they look, I would choose a GT350 instead of a Mach 1 also. This is of course from someone who has ZERO experience with any Mustang at all on a road course, just looking at the performance vs. $$$$ factor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts