SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a VON and POC (priced order confirmation). Now the waiting phase 2 begins (waiting until now was phase 1). Dunno if it will pan out, but I have a sold order in the system. This is from a smaller dealer. $1k over Invoice (cheaper than MSRP), $1000 refundable deposit (until D1 status). 4 orders in front of me.

I was able to order the Brass Monkey and Black Laguna along with NAV and red belts.

·
Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,193 Posts
Got a VON and POC (priced order confirmation). Now the waiting phase 2 begins (waiting until now was phase 1). Dunno if it will pan out, but I have a sold order in the system. This is from a smaller dealer. $1k over Invoice (cheaper than MSRP), $1000 refundable deposit (until D1 status). 4 orders in front of me.

I was able to order the Brass Monkey and Black Laguna along with NAV and red belts.
outstanding!:)

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't realize it when he was giving me the final pricing on the phone, that I'm actually paying below MSRP. I'm paying $1000 over invoice, but invoice price is almost $3000 less than MSRP! I was thinking Invoice and MSRP were going to be the same, as if he were using them interchangeably. But once I looked at my POC (priced order confirmation), I saw there were two columns for pricing, the MSRP and the FWP (this was what I paid). So I don't feel near as bad about what I though was '1000 over MSRP'. lol.

I'll use the savings to pay for the tag....or maybe towards a new set of drag wheels and slicks!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
912 Posts
I didn't realize it when he was giving me the final pricing on the phone, that I'm actually paying below MSRP. I'm paying $1000 over invoice, but invoice price is almost $3000 less than MSRP! I was thinking Invoice and MSRP were going to be the same, as if he were using them interchangeably. But once I looked at my POC (priced order confirmation), I saw there were two columns for pricing, the MSRP and the FWP (this was what I paid). So I don't feel near as bad about what I though was '1000 over MSRP'. lol.

I'll use the savings to pay for the tag....or maybe towards a new set of drag wheels and slicks!
If your order is through the same dealership I spoke to in OK today, you are 1 of 5 that have orders in BX. Said Dealership did not know when they would be getting their allocations. Could be months or up to a year according to the gentlemen I spoke with. He was great though, he seemed to be a straight shooter.

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your order is through the same dealership I spoke to in OK today, you are 1 of 5 that have orders in BX. Said Dealership did not know when they would be getting their allocations. Could be months or up to a year according to the gentlemen I spoke with. He was great though, he seemed to be a straight shooter.
Yes, I'm aware, but at least I'm in the system. And I am risking nothing. I can get my deposit back (in writing) anytime before I'm issued a VIN, so if I came across something, say on a Dealer lot in March/April, I could still get my deposit back if my order hadn't went to D1 status by then. RS said there would be 4 allotments. That means the 3rd one (since they are monthly now) will hit mid Jan, 4th mid Feb. So hopefully in March they will start building regular sold orders and be done with this allotment crap. I'm willing to wait a while extra to get my car with the exact options that I want.

Reactions: 630

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
but this cant be.....too many members here said the car will never go under sticker......same with dealers...all told me it never will.....something is wrong with the universe where you live....

congrats on the deal.....soon more and more posts like this will appear......

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
83 Posts
There are some fair guys out there... POC and VON in my name @ dealer cost ... No Mark up... They will give me Market value on my 2012 trade in... Hopefully they don't take it out on me on the back end...

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, my dealer is a smaller-town shop, sells mainly trucks and Jeeps, but they are honest, straight shooters. Lots of my friends and family will ONLY buy their vehicles there because of the quality service. And because they are small, they haven't gotten an allotment yet...and maybe they never will, but at least I'm in the system SOMEWHERE. These guys consider the invoice price what others consider MSRP I guess. Like I said, I had no idea of the way their price related to MSRP and that it was under MSRP until I looked at my POC printout.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,998 Posts
My POC said the same thing, But the dealer sold it at MSRP, The dealer will not be reimbursed by dodge if they sale it under MSRP,, I really hope you do get it under, This will be the first I have heard of. Please stay on board and enjoy the site

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,053 Posts
My POC said the same thing, But the dealer sold it at MSRP, The dealer will not be reimbursed by dodge if they sale it under MSRP,, I really hope you do get it under, This will be the first I have heard of. Please stay on board and enjoy the site
Not quite. Their profit is about 5% by selling $1000 + Invoice. Holdback 3% below Invoice is being earned by the dealership which is $1800+ per Hellcat starting with a base model 6-speed. Tack on the $1000 and this dealership is earning $2800+ per Hellcat sell, at least. And kudos to them for that.

They are really upfront and honest. It was refreshing to deal with them after having gone through the $85,000 ($20,000+ sticker) in Oklahoma City fiasco. We are #2 on the list.

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not quite. Their profit is about 5% by selling $1000 + Invoice. Holdback 3% below Invoice is being earned by the dealership which is $1800+ per Hellcat starting with a base model 6-speed. Tack on the $1000 and this dealership is earning $2800+ per Hellcat sell, at least. And kudos to them for that.

They are really upfront and honest. It was refreshing to deal with them after having gone through the $85,000 ($20,000+ sticker) in Oklahoma City fiasco. We are #2 on the list.
Raysazoo, you need to message me when you find out when yours is coming in (a day or three ahead of time). I want to drive over there and watch them unload it and you drive it off. I'll shoot video for you.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts

Congrats RC!! Now the fun waiting game

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
239 Posts

I was just going to ask what the holdback is on a 'cat. I could ballpark guesstimate it, but didn't know for sure so thanks rayzazoo.

it's good to know that there are still Americans who actually have a work ethic. if every salesperson was required to read the top forum or two of the vehicle they're selling they'd easily know 10 times as much as they now do.

·
VIP Hellcat Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
470 Posts
vets and active duty that belong to ÛSAA get $1000 off MSRP if that helps anyone.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.