SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Ordered some FI Interchiller 1'' spacers

4K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  Sarna March 
#1 ·
I have a 20 Redeye and for some reason I decided I wanted to try the 1'' blower spacers on a "stock" Redeye.
They are a limited production run and by adding it on a stock vehicle it should help determine if they will make a difference or not.
I had regular spacers on my 16 manual car and it seemed to help.
1" Hellcat Trackhawk Blower Spacer Plates – Fi Interchillers Online Store

• Helpful
Reactions: SloWhite
#7 ·
Can't comment on the 1" spacers but the standard spacers absolutely work.

#8 ·
No. I really don’t think they will clear the hood.
I tried to exchange them for regular ones and he declined to help me exchange them.
they are still sealed in shipping package.

#20 ·
Spend 50.00 getting blanket off AMAZON and cometic gaskets.
Spend the rest on better mods.
Hood Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#31 ·
Well yes on the 300, and no oil soak.

And your alternative is??? Using the aluminum gaskets with the flimsy rubber divider with no support or the 550.00 pieces of plastic?/

#41 ·
I don’t have any experience with these parts (yet) but saw someone mentioning the thermal conductivity of aluminum vs various other materials.
Yes, aluminum conducts more heat than something like iron, and yes it can actually hold more heat than something like iron. However, that’s just looking at a max stored energy at the same temp which isn’t very relevant here.
The engine runs at temp X with or without the spacer, it has a max temperature it’ll reach due to the cooling system considered equilibrium. Higher conductivity also means that material will shed heat faster so after the engine reaches max temp and that heat soaks into all of the engine bay, the gasket/spacer would theoretically still reach temp X. However, if something such as air flow or coolant flow is able to draw heat away from the area and allow the spacers to go below temp X, a sensor/thermocouple mounted in a metal housing will read lower than something with lower thermal conductivity (better insulated) because it can shed that heat towards an area of lower thermal energy.

Disclaimer: this is all theoretical, real world stuff does real world stuff sometimes and I know math and physics not grammar.
I want to buy these I just have a hard time believing 1” will clear without some trimming on my car specifically which is why I’m just watching threads for now.

#42 ·
I just put spacers on mine yesterday. Here is the oil that was on the top of the heads when k pulled the gaskets. They do allow leaks and I would much rather trust to the Spacers than the crappy stock gaskets.
Motor vehicle Hood Wood Automotive exterior Mode of transport

Reactions: Sarna March
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.