SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here goes nothing... I've ordered and will be installing the AFE Mach Force-XP NO muffler 3" exhaust system on my 2015 Hellcat Charger

I've searched and can assume no one else has used this kit on their Hellcat. I fully expect it to be obnoxiously loud. But also expect a unique tone considering the system utilizes an X pipe as well as a rear H pipe.

I build custom exhaust systems and can easily add mufflers to this kit if I'm not happy with the sound.

I've attached the link to AFE as well as the youtube clip. Keep in mind their clip is a stock Hellcat where as mine is modded including no cats.

MACH Force-Xp 3" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust System

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
93 Posts
I have it, albeit a 392.. loud is understatement, but it’s deeper and not as raspy as muffler/reso delete.
Bolted up quick and lines up easy with my experience.

Other than a JLT intake, I made 6whp/11TQ, but I suspect there was more than that.

The drone, oh man the drone... I believe the fault is, once all bolted up and down, my AFE hangers are too high and push up into the stock hangers and therefore push into the car when bolted down.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
128 Posts
I have them and going to install them soon as possible on redeye, still have cats though, Hotrodharley, yours will sound outrageous without the cats, definitely hear you before they see you!! LOL

·
Registered
34 Posts
How much longer until you get this installed? I'm definitely thinking about pulling the trigger on it but I want to see your results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have them and going to install them soon as possible on redeye, still have cats though, Hotrodharley, yours will sound outrageous without the cats, definitely hear you before they see you!! LOL
Oh hell yeah..!! But I have a feeling I'll be adding resonators/mufflers.

How much longer until you get this installed? I'm definitely thinking about pulling the trigger on it but I want to see your results.
I'm expecting the kit to show up shortly as it was back ordered. Unfortunately I wont be installing it till sometime towards end of March beginning of April. And then it's off for a custom tune to take care of all the mods I've done. So will be posting sometime after that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
247 Posts
Well, say goodbye to waiving neighbors. You will be getting stares and a few single digits. The cops will know you and talk about how you are a loud car drug dealer with their other cop buddies. Without cats it is going to be so CRAZY loud. I did this on a gt500, started with muffler delete, but when the cats came off, I didn't like driving the car anymore. So I did long tubes and an entire exhaust.
Plan on getting 4 vibrant mufflers ordered and on standby when you install this. That way you can run to the muffler shop and get two put on after the 3rd ticket. And get the other two on when your dentist tells you that you grind your teeth now because of the drone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, say goodbye to waiving neighbors. You will be getting stares and a few single digits. The cops will know you and talk about how you are a loud car drug dealer with their other cop buddies. Without cats it is going to be so CRAZY loud. I did this on a gt500, started with muffler delete, but when the cats came off, I didn't like driving the car anymore. So I did long tubes and an entire exhaust.
Plan on getting 4 vibrant mufflers ordered and on standby when you install this. That way you can run to the muffler shop and get two put on after the 3rd ticket. And get the other two on when your dentist tells you that you grind your teeth now because of the drone.
Sounds like you have it all figured out. Thanks for the life lesson pal.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
247 Posts
I was simply kidding around.
In all seriousness though if it is anything like a gt500 with straight pipes, loud will be an understatement. Good luck and hope you find the the sound your looking for.
I also wonder if this exhaust will limit rear diff brace styles that can be used. I have a per4mance development DIRS brace and wonder if that would fit with the H-pipe crossover tube behind the rear diff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah I saw that too in their video. I might send them an email and see if they just happen to have an answer to that.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
128 Posts
That was funny greenmachine, I am not awake yet and was laughing my ass off because I live about four blocks from police station too!! I’m not removing cats though so maybe it won’t be too bad., I’m hoping maybe one or two of the cops are motor heads., I am installing mine in next couple weeks when I have some other things done.,
I also have latest brace and never thought of that getting in the way thanks for heads up and fingers crossed!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well aFe sent me the following picture to try and visualize how much clearance there was. I think it's big enough to fit a full sized brace. The low profile ones for sure.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
128 Posts
Wow it’s going to be a very tight fit at the least!!! Damn I guess back to drawing board and thanks for pics,

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
128 Posts
I will see what it might take to fit and post up, I’m busy as one legged man in A kicking contest moving and will be like vacation when I can work on car!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can any of you guys check out the exhaust valve mount situation? Do they have some dummy valve mounted inside to simulate movement? Do they have some external component to prevent a CEL? I can't find a good enough picture, all I can see is that they have a mount to bolt to. I'm curious if we would need to purchase a MFER-1 for this system.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
93 Posts
It’s bolted to extenders, you take off/leave off the spring and mount the actuators.

No CEL

1 - 20 of 32 Posts