SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
6200 makes sense ... that’s probably why I’ve hit the rev limiter once or twice ...

What would be the recommend top end upgrades to safely / reliably raise the limiter to 6800 (assuming the rotating assembly can handle it) ? Valve springs, what else?, and what are the negatives?

·
Vendor
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I believe the rods are the weakest link. Maybe Micah or speedy can shine some light on this.
From our experience the pistons are the weakest link in this application. We do not know what RPM that the rods become compromised. We have had our shop Hellcat with stock crank, rods and pistons over 7400 RPM without failure - yet.
I would never take a customer car this high in the RPM range with stock rods but wanted to share that info for inquiring minds :)
We do have our Demon "Plus" camshaft package (cam, springs, retainers, pushrods) installed which certainly helps as far as valvetrain is concerned.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
From our experience the pistons are the weakest link in this application. We do not know what RPM that the rods become compromised. We have had our shop Hellcat with stock crank, rods and pistons over 7400 RPM without failure - yet.
I would never take a customer car this high in the RPM range with stock rods but wanted to share that info for inquiring minds :)
We do have our Demon "Plus" camshaft package (cam, springs, retainers, pushrods) installed which certainly helps as far as valvetrain is concerned.
Thanks mike!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts