SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just about burnt off my stock 275 on my narrow body challenger. A lot of people going nitto 305 on either stock 9.5 inch or factoy repo 10 inch. How come no one stays with the P Zero and goes up to 305? It’s my daily and I want a wider rear but don’t think I necessarily need a drag radial. I’m in FL btw so usually its hot...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,667 Posts
If you are going 305 Id go up to 10.5 or 11" rim. No one buys the OEM tires because there are better options out there.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
433 Posts
my experience with the P-zero 305's ws that they were junk. Made the car feel assy/darty. Nitto D/Rs took care of all of that for me.

Reactions: Wstacy3

·
Registered
104 Posts
I waa thinking the same. I want a 305 in the rear but need a all season as my charger hellcat is a daily driver. What would be better than the stock option?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 426
1,895 Posts
285’s are a prefect fit on the stock 9.5” wheel. I went 285x4. They look and perform great. First tried staying with Pirelli but they wear like butter. Currently am a Conti. Extreme Contact Sport fan boy.

Pirelli are one of the few that offer a 385/40 so that’s primarily why I initially went the Pirelli route again. Conti’s are 385/35 and they look good but I’m lowered too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Im thinking of the P-Zero 305/35/20. I knkw the fronts are a 40 series...im factory on suspsenailn just hoping there is not much appearance difference from the front and rear. I doubt there will be.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
330 Posts
I waa thinking the same. I want a 305 in the rear but need a all season as my charger hellcat is a daily driver. What would be better than the stock option?
I went with Michelin PS4 315 (11inch) for the rear (275 front) and could not be happier. The Michelins are much better than stock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You be better off going with a 275 wide compared to the 305. The 275 has 40 sidewall which will flex more then a stiffer sidewall on a wider tire. So a drag radial like a nt555r in 275 will hook better then the wider 305 with less sidewall, if you care about straight line performance.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
801 Posts
I went with 295 40 P Zeros on 10.5 Repros, in the back I would have went with 305 if they were 40s instead of smaller the diameter 35s.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the thread guys! I ended up buying (2) Reproduction 10.5" rear rims... They should be here next week. I am set on the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3-NSpec. I am running the 275/40/20 up front and the 305/40/20 in the rear. I REALLY needed a all season tire as this car is my daily driver for the next 5-6 years..... I think these should give me a good grip and mileage rating.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
716 Posts
So I just about burnt off my stock 275 on my narrow body challenger. A lot of people going nitto 305 on either stock 9.5 inch or factoy repo 10 inch. How come no one stays with the P Zero and goes up to 305? It’s my daily and I want a wider rear but don’t think I necessarily need a drag radial. I’m in FL btw so usually its hot...
Here's the deal with the P Zeros. I've had 4 cars with these tires across 2 different manufacturers and they all suffered from the same issue. The first few thousand miles, the Pirellis were rather nice. But, they suffer from traction fade. Their traction rating suffers greatly with just minimal wear. By the time you're at about 50%, you only end up with about 60% of your max traction when the tires were new. So, on a Hellcat, it just goes up in smoke at the slightest dose of power at the wrong time.

I run Michelin PS4S tires (and have been a Michelin fan boy for the last 6 years or so). There is simply no better tire on the market. The PS4S all season has better traction than the PZERO summer tire. And, the great thing about them is that they have more than double the tread life rating and don't experience traction fade (at least through the 24,000mi I had them on my Scat Pack...although I used the previous version Pilot Super Sport then... and the PS4S is its succesor and an even better tire). They're safe to apply power at even 40 degrees F and have excellent wet weather performance. They're also whisper quiet.

I can not think of any down side to using the Michelins. I even use these on my 1,000whp race car for street duty. They've lasted 18k miles on that car so far and still have some good life left.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts