SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my '16 cat threw the P018c code. Its still under the powertrain warranty, and dealer said if it isnt covered theyre gonna charge me $150 bucks to diagnose. I know its the fuel rail or fuel pressure problem.

For those that threw this code and had it fixed, was it a powertrain warranty covered item or am i better off fixing it myself?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,861 Posts
There are lots of thread with members having this problem. The search works pretty good.

I would send @DodgeCares a PM to see what information they might have.

My HC Charger is a 2015 and there was a recall on the fuel rails.

Hopefully someone will post up from their experience.

I hope it all works out!
Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Linda, i did search, but i couldnt find how people were getting it fixed. If it was a powertrain warranty item or something i should fix myself. Thanks ill message them!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
223 Posts
If your car is unmodded and still under warranty take it in. They will have to replace the entire driver's side fuel rail (Part # 68170299AE), you cannot only replace the sensor. The part cost me shipped to my door through bamwholesaleparts.com

My car is modded and even though I have a warranty I am still doing this myself, rail should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks greasy. I only have an intake on mine that ill put to stock when i take it in. Ill give them a shot and see what happens. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I called the dealer to get info on bringing it in and he said he is 80% sure that code is not covered under powertrain warranty. I sent a message to @DodgeCares and am waiting to see what they think. Sounds like it'll be a quarantine project for me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
223 Posts
That stinks, it is a simple job in my opinion. If you need help you can shoot me a message. I got the part from the link above for $292 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, yeah I've done fuel rails on other cars, so I'm not thinking it should be too difficult. May look for a video just to be sure. Appreciate the offer, ill let you know!

Geophb, yeah that's pretty black and white there. So glad my car waited 7 months to do this. ?. Oh well. Thanks y'all

·
Registered
310 Posts
Kinda odd now that I read the whole thing because speed sensors and pressure sensors for transmission are covered it says.
Fuel pressure must be nonessential to the function of the power-train. :unsure: :LOL:

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All done! Luckily i have a friend who's got the hookup at a local dodge parts dept, so he had a fuel rail in stock and got it to me at a discount. Took me barely an hour. Now she purrs perfectly and should be ripping up the asphalt next time i take her out!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,861 Posts
Glad your Hellcat is all fixed up!

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
223 Posts
Good to hear!

Mine came in yesterday and I knocked it out. I’m surprised it was actually both rails in the kit. Anyway car is running like a champ now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Hey y’all, had the same code pop up and I called Ilderton dodge in High Point NC. They told me to run it up and they’d look at it. So I drive the 30 minutes to them just for them to tell me I have to pay $125 For them to diagnose it?!! I told them what the problem was and they told me sorry but that’s the only way we’re gonna look at it. Then they won’t sell me just a sensor, said the only way they get the part is with the whole fuel rail and none of it is covered by warranty. I did buy an extended service contract so I’ll have to pay a $100 deductible and drop the car off for a day. Kinda ridiculous they can’t replace just the sensor.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Well I called the dealer to get info on bringing it in and he said he is 80% sure that code is not covered under powertrain warranty. I sent a message to @DodgeCares and am waiting to see what they think. Sounds like it'll be a quarantine project for me.
Did you ever hear back from @DodgeCares If it’s under the powertrain or not?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,146 Posts
mine was NOT part of the powertrain. but the dealer did fix it for free as they were chasing the problem for the better part of a year. fuel pump finally fixed it for me.

·
FCA Official
Challenger SRT Hellcat
170 Posts
Did you ever hear back from @DodgeCares If it’s under the powertrain or not?
Hello memebers,
We do rely on the dealers diagnosis in order to determine if a specific component is covered under the PT warranty. In some cases we can check to if its a coverable component, but the diagnoses is the ultimate factor.

Lamar
DodgeCares

1 - 18 of 18 Posts