SRT Hellcat Forum banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
My car had the cruise control recall this morning just got the P062A code and CEL tonight. The flash has to be causing this

·
Registered
38 Posts
2016 Charger. I was reluctant to do the recall after reading everything here. I should have went with my gut.

Are you in ny? I’m on Long Island do you have a dealer around here you would recommend?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
2016 Charger. I was reluctant to do the recall after reading everything here. I should have went with my gut.

Are you in ny? I’m on Long Island do you have a dealer around here you would recommend?
Where on long island? Westbury service sucks stay clear of them and Bayside Dodge sucks also.

I use Star Dodge on Jamaica Avenue. Close to the Queens/ Nassau border.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went to Westbury today. I was going to go back first thing in the morning. You’ve had a bad experience with them?

I’ll check out star dodge next time. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I went to Westbury today. I was going to go back first thing in the morning. You’ve had a bad experience with them?

I’ll check out star dodge next time. Thanks!
When they can't fix the problem they blame your driving habits, I went after the service manager a few years back, long story but yea i'll never go there again.

Good luck

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dropped the car off this morning, they told me there is no way the recall flash could have caused the CEL.

I don't know it's too much of a coincidence that a few people here have had the P062A code after the recall flash. At the same time, I can't see how the flash would cause this.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
i went around with this error forever the fuel pump replacement seems to have resolved it for me. i would be so angry if i had to start over again after a recall.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought a 2017 hellcat charger 18K miles. I have had it 3 weeks but only drove it once because the weather (Snow/Rain/Hail) I live in Lincoln City OR. Well it was finally sunny today so I drove to Portland and on the way back home I stopped at a shell station and got 92 octane full tank. 40 minutes later I got solid check Engine light. Called dealer and drove a hour to have the service guy check the code. Same code and he said he had “no idea what was wrong and there are no dodge techs there on Saturday. He basically blew me off. Made an appointment for this Tuesday 3pm. I did take a picture of the code as proof. Here is that pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Cadoo...

Bad fuel pump, on driver side, or bad pressure sensor, on the fuel rail crossover line, behind the supercharger...

I replaced my fuel pump and the code went away.

If that tech couldn't tell you what that code is, he's an idiot. Get his name and make sure he doesn't even wash your car...

Bob

Just some dude...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I was SO excited about my hellcat and this is very disappointing. 2 hours of driving and bad fuel pump or sensor. Glad it’s under warranty but The time going back and forth to dealership and dealing with techs that could care less or act like it’s nothing and should take care of itself. So I was reading that it may be the shell gas? Is it just a coincidence that after I filled up at a Shell station this happen 30 to 40 minutes later? Thanks!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I was SO excited about my hellcat and this is very disappointing. 2 hours of driving and bad fuel pump or sensor. Glad it’s under warranty but The time going back and forth to dealership and dealing with techs that could care less or act like it’s nothing and should take care of itself. So I was reading that it may be the shell gas? Is it just a coincidence that after I filled up at a Shell station this happen 30 to 40 minutes later? Thanks!
LOL.

No.

This is a fuel PRESSURE issue.

There was a recall, in Canada, for the crossover sensor.

The fuel pump had so many failures, its been completely redesigned. They will have to install a new car side connector, because the new pump has different pin assignments, as part of the design changes.

They probably ditched their old supplier and went with a new one...

Bob

Just some dude...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okay thanks Bob. Mine is a 2017. Do you know what year they changed the fuel pump? Also a part number would be great for the pump and sensor. So do you have to replace the pump and sensor? Or is it most likely one or the other.? Thanks

·
Registered
824 Posts
They can hook up to the diagnostic computer & tell whether it is the pump, or sensor.

The pump will be running at approximately 80% of capacity.

The sensor will show out of range.

Doesn't matter when they changed the configuration of the pump. If it's bad, it's bad.

IIRC, it was late 16.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Check it:

SUBJECT:
Fuel Pump Connector Replacement

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves replacing the fuel pump connector harness (pigtail) when replacing
the fuel pump module.

MODELS:
2011 - 2016 (LD) Dodger Charger
2011 - 2016 (LX) Chrysler 300
2011 - 2014 (LC) Dodge Challenger
2015 - 2016 (LA) Dodge Challenger

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries:
NAFTA and EMEA.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The technician may experience a crank/no start after the fuel pump module was replaced.

Review the list below to see if a revised (new) fuel pump was used.
Old Fuel Pump Kit Part Numbers

05136022AI
68102700AB
68103913AC
68145815AB

New Fuel Pump Kit Part Numbers

05136022AJ
68102700AC
68103913AD
68145815AC

DISCUSSION:
When replacing the fuel pump module for any reason, the revised fuel pump kit will come
with an updated harness connector. The harness connector MUST be replaced, even if there are no issues with the old connector.

The new pump has the electrical terminals
(pins) in different locations, as shown in (Fig. 1) and (Fig. 2).

NUMBER: 08-032-17
GROUP: Electrical
DATE: April 11, 2017

Just some dude...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Also, if it's the sensor, your get new left fuel rail, the sensor and all new injectors. It's a kit.

You have the right to keep any old parts pulled from your vehicle.

Bob

Just some dude...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow Bob what a huge help you are! Thanks for everything. I hope my appointment this Tuesday will fix everything and I will show the “techs” all the information you gave me. Again thanks.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
took over a year to sort this out on mine it's a very intermittent issue. dealer started with the rail and sensor then finally the fuel pump. seems fixed so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
took over a year to sort this out on mine it's a very intermittent issue. dealer started with the rail and sensor then finally the fuel pump. seems fixed so far.
So the last thing they replaced was the fuel pump so seems that was the problem. Was it both fuel pumps or one?

·
Registered
824 Posts
So the last thing they replaced was the fuel pump so seems that was the problem. Was it both fuel pumps or one?
Drivers side pump is the primary pump.

Passenger side is a scavenger, or transfer pump that pushes fuel over to the driver side and (technically) doesn't effect fuel pressure.

That being said, the dealer generally opts to replace both..

Bob

Just some dude...

81 - 100 of 121 Posts