SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had a subwoofer installed and the next day car throws a P062A code and I can’t help but wonder if it threw this code because the installer had to unhook positive side of battery. I know it’s a fuel pump code but car is still running strong 20k miles on a 2016 charger hellcat

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,037 Posts
I just read this thread a few days ago.Check out what @Tmoney had to say about the code.
Linda :)

P062A is the dumbest code for a hellcat. You all wouldn’t believe why this code comes on. Here’s the rotten truth. I’m pretty sure that you‘ve all taken your car to the dealership for them to tell you that they need the light to be on when you bring it in or leave the car with them overnight for them to see what’s wrong. The dealership has a bunch of *** idiots working in the shop including the managers. So to make a long story short this code comes from the fuel pump harness under the rear passenger seat. When people sit in the back seat they smash the top of the harness which sits up like a nipple. Once this wire is smashed it will cause a short triggering the engine light and the P062A code which stands for “Fuel A pump control module”. The way I fixed mine was to lift the back seat and relieve the stress on the wire. I actually cut some of the electric tape so that I could pull the wire up and move it so that when someone sits in the back seat they don‘t smash the wire and cause a short. Trust me when I say that this is the fix after 10 trips to the dealership and them not knowing and just beating around the bush I had to back track and figure this out. Once I relieved the stress on this wire harness the light hasn’t came back on since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts