SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpeg
This is getting old fast.

At first it came on with only key on engine off, I had the dealer clear. Then it came on on a Wednesday or Thursday, but had cleared itself Saturday. I did the mid muffler delete.
Satursay afternoon, it came on. I remote started it. Ran for 5 seconds, and shut off. I knew what that meant. Check engine light. Sure enough, got in, fired it up, p1611.
Cleared itself by the afternoon.

This morning, remote start. 5 seconds later, engine shuts off. I climb in, fire it back up, sure enough.

Guess it goes to the dealer....

(On another note, is TSB, the best category to put this under?)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been down the road before. If they give me hell. That's fine. Mufflers don't void warranty, so, they'll just rain fire on themselves.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,111 Posts
Looks like this update doesn't fix an occurrence of P1611, but just enables a freeze frame log for that fault?
Correct, but the log improves the chances that the tech will be able to duplicate the conditions under which the DTC set. This should ultimately help improve diagnostic accuracy.
This would be the first step towards diagnosis.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went in today to talk a bit and to get the code erased. Left the dealership and on the next startup, got the code again.

The dealership had told me to show up early tomorrow morning and they can flash it real quick and see if that helps. If not we will schedule a drop off date for hard parts.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
6,282 Posts
OK, makes sense. I think most of the previous occurrences have resulted in replacing the bypass valve.
I just had my S.C., replacement completed and got this code. I’ve tried reloading my HHP tune and cleared the code but it keeps coming back on start up. The tech mention flashing my PCM but I don’t want him to trash my tune.

At my las S.C. replacement they replaced the bypass valve to fix this issue.

Thoughts welcome.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I just had my S.C., replacement completed and got this code. I’ve tried reloading my HHP tune and cleared the code but it keeps coming back on start up. The tech mention flashing my PCM but I don’t want him to trash my tune.

At my las S.C. replacement they replaced the bypass valve to fix this issue.

Thoughts welcome.
Curious since you're tuned was the replacement on you or did you manage to get it done via warranty?

·
Have Guns Will Travel
6,282 Posts
Curious since you're tuned was the replacement on you or did you manage to get it done via warranty?
New S.C. under warranty and what a difference it made. Code clear and man oh man what a difference.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
6,282 Posts
The damn P1611 code is back. Looks like we’ll be replacing the S.C. bypass valve.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
6,282 Posts
Ok got the S.C. bypass valve replaced and BINGO!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts