SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Just installed catless midpipes with big daddies 02 spacers and about 30 miles in I got a p2096. (Bank 1 lean). Has anyone came across this problem or has a fix? I have a warranty not trying to tune the car. I’m wondering if I should remove the spacer to get more air to the sensor or if this is a lost cause. Thanks guys

know this might have been mentioned before but I haven’t seen anyone completely address / have a confirm fix.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,476 Posts
Check for intake and exhaust leaks.

Get more air to the system? Not sure what exactly you mean by this but I have zero experience with modified exhaust on any car.

This site offers O2 sensor restrictors.

Looks like there are different size orfices to choose from so "more air" (or possibly less) may be the way to go.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
123 Posts
Hey guys, Just installed catless midpipes with big daddies 02 spacers and about 30 miles in I got a p2096. (Bank 1 lean). Has anyone came across this problem or has a fix? I have a warranty not trying to tune the car. I’m wondering if I should remove the spacer to get more air to the sensor or if this is a lost cause. Thanks guys

know this might have been mentioned before but I haven’t seen anyone completely address / have a confirm fix.
take a picture of the sensor and spacer, I literally ordered a pack of straight stainless steel spacers from amazon for $12 and haven't had a issue yet. its been over 5k miles. best solutions would be to try these out.(link below) Your o2 sensor is receiving to much air flow, maybe due to the distance the gas and air travel through the spacer in order reach the sensor, you'll need a tighter gap for air travel and maybe a shorter spacer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
take a picture of the sensor and spacer, I literally ordered a pack of straight stainless steel spacers from amazon for $12 and haven't had a issue yet. its been over 5k miles. best solutions would be to try these out.(link below) Your o2 sensor is receiving to much air flow, maybe due to the distance the gas and air travel through the spacer in order reach the sensor, you'll need a tighter gap for air travel and maybe a shorter spacer.

I will do so, you think its getting to much air? Lean code would mean to much air but the car pops like crazy figured id get a smaller extender

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Im going to order both because they worked with you, Ill clear the codes and see which ones will work for me. Thanks for the input aswell !

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
123 Posts
I will do so, you think its getting to much air? Lean code would mean to much air but the car pops like crazy figured id get a smaller extender
I just installed a double pump on my car and it ended up saying the entire system was to lean, it popped and crackled way more than usual so I knew something was up, turned out the other pump module that came with the kit was pulling power from the stock module. There is a possibility its a little lean, so if this doesn't fix the problem you may wanna inspect a little further. It could just be the computer compensating though. Let me know how it goes

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,668 Posts

·
Registered
18 Charger Hellcat
197 Posts
This site offers O2 sensor restrictors.

Looks like there are different size orfices to choose from so "more air" (or possibly less) may be the way to go.
I used the Vibrants that Rockster posted when I had my mid pipes in. I used the middle sized spacer. My CEL never came on for the O2 sensors. My buddy used the same ones and his CEL came on within 30 miles. These things are really hit or miss.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, just an update. Found an exhaust leak right by the flange. No light yet, and if it does come on I have the vibrants ready to go! thanks all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts