SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,720 Posts
Yes it helps wheel hop, but more importantly it helps strengthen the diff and keep it straight with the trans and wheel hubs which I’d a major contributor to snapping axle hubs and rear CV/U-joint at the diff input end. I run both the P4D and their new front race brace, it helps keep the front of the diff in place. These are especially useful if your still running stock soft bushings in the diff mounts.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,180 Posts
Anyone have any experience with this differential brace? The two piece? I’m wondering if it really does help with wheel hop?
Absolutely worth every penny ! I have changed my thought process on these cars . If I was to start over again I would start with the suspension and wheels/tires . Having more power and dyno sheets are great for bragging rights but don't help sometimes at the track . I learned the hard way .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Absolutely worth every penny ! I have changed my thought process on these cars . If I was to start over again I would start with the suspension and wheels/tires . Having more power and dyno sheets are great for bragging rights but don't help sometimes at the track . I learned the hard way .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Wow you’re posting some great times. Thanks for the input yeah I went through the same with my yellow jacket 17 Hellcat. I’m awaiting delivery of my widebody 21 redeye charger so I’m getting all the right parts in order.

· Registered
Challenger SRT 392
259 Posts
Have had the brace on my 2020 HC for about 3 months, 1000 miles. I run 305 Nitto 555R11 tires on HR5 20x11 wheels on the back (standard body).
Car hooks great, no wheel hop. Looks cool too.
I run Borla ATAK exhaust and they make a special brace for the Borla exhaust.
Varooom
Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,709 Posts
The brace works well on wheel hop. Rear control arms, diff lockout, and cradle lockout finish it off with zero hop. A 17" wheel out back wrapped in MT will be icing on the cake and is working great for me.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
299 Posts
I was looking into getting a diff brace as well since I track my car but with only 20" Nitto drag radials. I'm waiting for my 17" track wheels to come in and will have MT street s/s tires on them. Since my cat is stock power and still under warranty, is it necessary for me to have a diff brace, especially since I'll be going on to a stickier setup? Or if anything were to happen, just simply rely on the warranty covering it?

· HOTY Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,709 Posts
20" DRs will give you wheel hop. I would do the diff brace before any tire upgrades.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
299 Posts
Thank you for the replies. I'll be honest.....I'm a little nervous installing the diff brace myself since I hear you have only X amount of time to install it and since it would be my first time I would like to take my time to install it instead of rushing into it. It may look easy as I have seen videos of it being done but it could very well likely be those guys know what they’re doing and making it look easy while I'll need to take my time to read instructions and going through the installation process to make sure the job is done right.

Honestly I’d love to just have someone who knows what they’re doing and install it for me and call it a day. Since I have factory warranty still and a diff brace does technically void it, I would have no choice to learn to install it on my own and take it off before bringing it to the dealership when the car goes in for service.

Unless in my situation, whatever happens, happens, and I just rely on my factory warranty to take care of any potential damage? Would love to know what you guys think in my situation as this has been driving me crazy back and forth? Apologies in advance if I'm hi jacking the thread here. I'm just legitimately curious on what to do??

· Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for the replies. I'll be honest.....I'm a little nervous installing the diff brace myself since I hear you have only X amount of time to install it and since it would be my first time I would like to take my time to install it instead of rushing into it. It may look easy as I have seen videos of it being done but it could very well likely be those guys know what they’re doing and making it look easy while I'll need to take my time to read instructions and going through the installation process to make sure the job is done right.

Honestly I’d love to just have someone who knows what they’re doing and install it for me and call it a day. Since I have factory warranty still and a diff brace does technically void it, I would have no choice to learn to install it on my own and take it off before bringing it to the dealership when the car goes in for service.

Unless in my situation, whatever happens, happens, and I just rely on my factory warranty to take care of any potential damage? Would love to know what you guys think in my situation as this has been driving me crazy back and forth? Apologies in advance if I'm hi jacking the thread here. I'm just legitimately curious on what to do??
It’s really easy to install. One of the easiest things I’ve done really. Just make sure you have the right tools and watch install vids from YouTube to study beforehand.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,464 Posts
“I hear you have only X amount of time to install it”
@Red-key I don’t know what you mean by this but if you’re on LI in NY I could help you. You’ll need to bring beer however as I don’t work for free.

Reactions: Red-key

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
299 Posts
“I hear you have only X amount of time to install it”
@Red-key I don’t know what you mean by this but if you’re on LI in NY I could help you. You’ll need to bring beer however as I don’t work for free.

I appreciate the offer, unfortunately I live too far away from NY (South Florida). If I was close by I’d definitely come over and bring whatever beer you’d like. ;)

What I meant by that is, in maybe one or two differential brace install videos I watched, I believe they mentioned something about when you first remove these differential bolts you have 30 mins or so to remove them and put the new ones on and that you have to work fast to put the brace and the bolts back on. It might not sound like a big deal lol but I duno what exactly happens to the differential if more than half hour passes by? :unsure:

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,464 Posts
Never heard of that but it shouldn’t take you that long anyway. It’s easy. Torque bolts to spec.

Reactions: Red-key

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,624 Posts
I appreciate the offer, unfortunately I live too far away from NY (South Florida). If I was close by I’d definitely come over and bring whatever beer you’d like. ;)

What I meant by that is, in maybe one or two differential brace install videos I watched, I believe they mentioned something about when you first remove these differential bolts you have 30 mins or so to remove them and put the new ones on and that you have to work fast to put the brace and the bolts back on. It might not sound like a big deal lol but I duno what exactly happens to the differential if more than half hour passes by? :unsure:
I think they are wanting you to get the new bolts torqued in within a timely manner to maintain the clamping force on the differential so there is no chance of a leak of gear oil seeping out. The differential is put together with a sealant then clamped together with those large bolts so I'm guessing they are thinking oil could seep out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
299 Posts
I think they are wanting you to get the new bolts torqued in within a timely manner to maintain the clamping force on the differential so there is no chance of a leak of gear oil seeping out. The differential is put together with a sealant then clamped together with those large bolts so I'm guessing they are thinking oil could seep out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That makes sense, I figure it maybe something like that. I hear it's a 30-45 minute job installing it so I will just prepare all the tools in front of me as well as making sure I read all the instructions pretty well before setting a timer when I start installing it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.