867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great day to be on the track in Kent Washington today,
lots of seat time.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,075 Posts
Nice video thx for sharing... looked like a lot of fun! ;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
528 Posts
Dang that looked fun! What kind of camera where you using ? Looked great
Also where was it mounted?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a gopro with suction cup mounted to the inside of the passenger quarter window,
I need to experiment with trying to get the outside view in better focus,
I think I'll try that helmet mount next time, it gets the camera closer to the windshield for better focus, but it still shows the inside of the car some.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
528 Posts
I really liked it inside the car because I heard no wind noise at at all and still heard the motor and the shifting

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That Viper is a monster, fully race prepped, roll caged, track tires, and carbon aero mods. big modded brake cooling duct things and stuff.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm trying for some oversteer coming out of two different corners there
At 3b which is the second corner of the steep downhill S
And turn 8 which is a long sweeper before the long fast front straight.
But I'm only getting a little slide,
BANANAHEAD here however is getting some power slides.
BANANAHEAD you here??

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
31 Posts
I live like 15 or 20 minutes away from Pacific Raceways! Nice video man! Kinda cool to see a Hellcat out of it's "natural habitat".

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
54 Posts
I have driven SIR a number of times, a lot in patrol cars.

Did you have times? it would be cool to post times for that track since there are none..

When is the next track and tune? also was there a black Mercedes E55 AMG, that guy tried to race me last week and said he would be there this last weekend.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have driven SIR a number of times, a lot in patrol cars.

Did you have times? it would be cool to post times for that track since there are none..

When is the next track and tune? also was there a black Mercedes E55 AMG, that guy tried to race me last week and said he would be there this last weekend.
Ridden in patrol cars a lot?!?!?
How many times did you get arrested there???
Heck I'm gonna have to slow down I didn't know there were speed traps out there.just kidding yah.
I'd love to see some video of your patrol cars running there, I saw from the website that the track hosts police training.
Thank you for your service as a police officer.,

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live like 15 or 20 minutes away from Pacific Raceways! Nice video man! Kinda cool to see a Hellcat out of it's "natural habitat".
Heck I'd say this IS the cars natural environment! I know the street can't take the beating the hellcat dishes out. No where to stretch its legs except the road course!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
54 Posts
I got a few videos I will dig up. We also do auto cross in the parking lot there. Fun times. I would love to go the next time your out there man. There is also a autocross event at Emerald downs on the 2nd and 3rd of april.

Have you ridden there a lot?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
286 Posts
Here is a video of my last run of the day, same day as Carcass same track. I hit 135 on the straight, somehow coming in 1 MPH lower than Carcass's high of the day at 136.

Check out my rear view mirror on the last stretch. Mustang GT right on my ass coming around the turn into the straight, then I leave him in the dust...

GoPro is on a bracket on the side of my helmet.

Awesome day!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts