SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
First time looking into this kind of stuff. I'm generally into go fast parts, not appearance. But, I love the look of the car, and am staying under warranty (for now lol). I wanted to see if anyone has done this on a vehicle thats a year or 2 old, since i know it'll be a bit more than doing it brand new. Want to make sure I don't get taken for a ride, since its my first time.
What would be a fair cost expectation, ceramic pro 9h is the product, not sure about the paint correction but had 2 scratches (about an inch and a half long, about pen tip width that someone painted in and the rest of the car is pretty great and waxed every other week.
Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
In The Market
68 Posts
Depending on how much paint correction they need to do it could be anywhere from $1500 to $3000 for paint correction and ceramic coating.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guys im having do this do mainly exotics, but my Mopar buddy had his dome there as well, and they did a great job. I would be totally ok with 3k for that job!
Thank you for your info

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
42 Posts
I dont have a Hellcat. I have a 18 T/A 392. I took my car in for oaint correction and ceramic coating. I took my car to a high end place. They quoted me a price of $2300.00. Coated entire car. all jambs motor compartment and trunk windiws too. Wheels were included as well. My car was in a number one category for paint correction. Car was only a few weeks old with 200 miles on it. I just picked the car up recently for its yearly maintenance from the coater. $200.00 for yearly maintenance. I really like the coating. its very easy to maintain keeping the car clean. The rims still get dust but they are easier to clean with the coating. Dont get me wrong but if I had to do it over again I probably would get the front end wrapped in Xpel and the rest of the car coated. My buddy just had his 2019 Scat oack wrapped in the front with xpel
by another place. They charged him $350.00. His car came out perfect.. I want to get my front end wrapped as well. But i am concerned about wrapping over the stripes on my car. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, I was going to do stripes, and recently decided against it. Thank you for your information, and lmk if you decide to do it!

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,341 Posts
I had Xpel done in all problem areas along with Gtechniq Ultra & Exo coating. I don't have the CF stripes I ordered the Gunmetal stripes so they used Xpel Stealth on the stripes. They had to cut and form the pieces separately for them. 100% worth it after 2yrs. car still looks better then new and takes less then 30mins. to clean without a hose.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
157 Posts
I dont have a Hellcat. I have a 18 T/A 392. I took my car in for oaint correction and ceramic coating. I took my car to a high end place. They quoted me a price of $2300.00. Coated entire car. all jambs motor compartment and trunk windiws too. Wheels were included as well. My car was in a number one category for paint correction. Car was only a few weeks old with 200 miles on it. I just picked the car up recently for its yearly maintenance from the coater. $200.00 for yearly maintenance. I really like the coating. its very easy to maintain keeping the car clean. The rims still get dust but they are easier to clean with the coating. Dont get me wrong but if I had to do it over again I probably would get the front end wrapped in Xpel and the rest of the car coated. My buddy just had his 2019 Scat oack wrapped in the front with xpel View attachment 557013 by another place. They charged him $350.00. His car came out perfect.. I want to get my front end wrapped as well. But i am concerned about wrapping over the stripes on my car. Hope this helps.
Your T/A looks Awesome! That's a Great price on the X-Pel for the front end.

I got a price from a local installer that does probably 500 installs (or more) per year for $1700 (which I don't think is a bad price) and he was going to cut around the stripes. I thought this was a good idea because the stripes are already vinyl and I don't know how the matte X-Pel would match with the OEM striping. Besides, the stripes are vinyl already, so they'd protect the paint. This price included the entire front end, the whole hood and both fenders, the A-pillars and behind the back wheels.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
157 Posts
That's how a black car should look!

You did a Great job catching the metal flake in the pictures too! That's not that easy to do!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, agreed. If I didn't buy mine a year old I would do it too, but I feel like it needs some professional attention lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts
I will be picking this up soon, to do my wifes mini van.

Reactions: HellcatNorway

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,516 Posts
I bought my 15 HC used in June 2016 from a small dodge dealer with 10,000 miles on it. It had been built in Sept 2014. The car had Xpel on the entire hood, nose and front fenders. I took it to a high end shop for paint correction and ceramic coating They corrected the paint and even were able to polish the xpel and clear it up. The car practically GLOWED in the dark it was done so well. I believe $1800 was the total and that included putting on big Cat SRT billboard decals on the sides. So yeah, older cars can and will benefit from paint correction. Its the correction that takes most of the work, time and $$$

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
157 Posts
I bought my 15 HC used in June 2016 from a small dodge dealer with 10,000 miles on it. It had been built in Sept 2014. The car had Xpel on the entire hood, nose and front fenders. I took it to a high end shop for paint correction and ceramic coating They corrected the paint and even were able to polish the xpel and clear it up. The car practically GLOWED in the dark it was done so well. I believe $1800 was the total and that included putting on big Cat SRT billboard decals on the sides. So yeah, older cars can and will benefit from paint correction. Its the correction that takes most of the work, time and $$$
That was a good price to do that too. I'll bet your Cat looks Great!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
42 Posts
Your T/A looks Awesome! That's a Great price on the X-Pel for the front end.

I got a price from a local installer that does probably 500 installs (or more) per year for $1700 (which I don't think is a bad price) and he was going to cut around the stripes. I thought this was a good idea because the stripes are already vinyl and I don't know how the matte X-Pel would match with the OEM striping. Besides, the stripes are vinyl already, so they'd protect the paint. This price included the entire front end, the whole hood and both fenders, the A-pillars and behind the back wheels.
That seems like a very good deal.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
205 Posts
I started doing paint correction and ceramic coating probably 2 years ago. First on my own cars and now do it for friends for free (plus the cost of the supplies), and some weekends for acquaintances for extra cash. I generally charge about $400/day. Some cars take 1, some take 2. Hand wash, chemically decontaminate with an iron remover, wash again with a clay mitt, 1 or 2 step DA polish depending on how trashed it it, surface prep and coating. It's very labor intensive but I enjoy it. Watch a lot of YouTube videos and use quality products. My preferred combo is 3D One polish with a 50/50 Uro-fiber pad and Cquartz UK 3.0 coating. Top with some TEC582 ceramic spray sealant and you'll be amazed how slick and glossy the paint is. It's not hard just time consuming.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts
Love it when I walk out and see this....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts