SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
In The Market
434 Posts
I started doing paint correction and ceramic coating probably 2 years ago. First on my own cars and now do it for friends for free (plus the cost of the supplies), and some weekends for acquaintances for extra cash. I generally charge about $400/day. Some cars take 1, some take 2. Hand wash, chemically decontaminate with an iron remover, wash again with a clay mitt, 1 or 2 step DA polish depending on how trashed it it, surface prep and coating. It's very labor intensive but I enjoy it. Watch a lot of YouTube videos and use quality products. My preferred combo is 3D One polish with a 50/50 Uro-fiber pad and Cquartz UK 3.0 coating. Top with some TEC582 ceramic spray sealant and you'll be amazed how slick and glossy the paint is. It's not hard just time consuming.
Where are you?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,127 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
538 Posts
$1000 to $2000 depending on the coating and the steps, Anything more, you're getting screwed. Unless you have a garage queen and show car that gets in an enclosed trailer, you are doing a disservice by going past a 2 step. A one step with someone who knows what they are doing is all you need, you're removing most of the junk and imperfections, bringing out the gloss then coating. Wheels and tires should be in that price range. Skip the glass coating, there is nothing that truly lives up to it's promises, glassparency says 3 years, but you top it every 3 months, if you're lucky it makes it that far. Fly by 30 and IGL glass coating, 6 months, maybe a year. A bottle of rain-x is under 10, apply it to the windshield before you wash and save your money.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Kicking myself in the ass for not knowing about this when I had my plum crazy 392!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts
im just passing on the knowledge on what I learned from my brother in law who co-owns this place.

Reactions: Mopar_Gummy

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
157 Posts
im just passing on the knowledge on what I learned from my brother in law who co-owns this place.

From the looks of his FB page he does good work on some Really Nice looking cars!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
2 Posts
If you're in the Atlanta area it can be done for around 800 - 1000. Had mine paint corrected and coated with Gyeon Q2 MOHS for roughly 800. It's black and looks great after it was completed. It's a 2016 and I had it done in August of 2018. This pic was taken in April of this year.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
20 Posts
I did the ceramic coating myself. About $90 per bottle . 2 coats , The more coats you apply the deeper the permanent shine and resistance to damage. 4 coats on the front end and fenders. I saved thousands by doing it myself $$

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
31 Posts
I just got my car back from Clear Bra Indy. I had the silver package from Ceramic Pro and ceramic tint installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,341 Posts

Can I get a discount Brother?! Lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
955 Posts
for sure

Reactions: Beast707

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
42 Posts
Hey guys/ gals, when doing the paint correction yourself, do you need to tape off all the rubber and plastic body parts/ panels?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
205 Posts
Hey guys/ gals, when doing the paint correction yourself, do you need to tape off all the rubber and plastic body parts/ panels?

I use 3D products, primarily 3D One for correcting. It leaves no residue on anything and produces zero dust. No need to tape off trim.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts