SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering your thoughts on what is the best paint protection film for my new widebody redeye smoke show with red interior 馃檪. My last one had XPEL and I was happy with it but was wondering if there was anything better.

Registered
Xpel & STek are basically the only two you really want to consider.

At the end of the day though, go with the best installer. What film they choose (Assuming it's not some shit film) doesn't matter, as the real issue with PPF comes down to the installer. Make sure they are listed as authorized installers on the website of the film manufacturer. If they aren't, you won't have the warranty on the film, and generally, installers that aren't listed aren't listed for a reason.. They're shit.

I've made a detailed post about how to choose an installer in an earlier thread. The number one thing to ask about & look for - Make sure they are using the templates. Period. It's fine if they aren't using a template to cover smaller trim pieces where there isn't one, but if a template exists from the PPF manufacturer it NEEDS to be used. If an installer is just throwing a sheet on and winging it - STAY FAR AWAY! The PPF manufacturers laser scan & build the 2D template out to fit on the 3D surface of the car without issues. You can't stretch PPF like you can a wrap.

Registered
Have/had xpel on my widebody charger..no issues, looks great. Just had a minor fender bender and that stuff kept the bumper and other stuff together pretty damn well lol

Registered
MY REWB is getting the front end and a bunch of other impact area's done with Stek. It's what my detailer uses and prefer's so It basically depends on the installers preference's. There are a few products that are good and comparable.They have came along ways since the original 3M stuff came out.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Suntek ppf ultra here. Front end of the car doesn't have a scratch or chip in it. Still can't tell it's there after over 3 years.

Reactions: Chris jimenez

Registered
18 Charger Hellcat
Have the Xpel Ultimate Plus (self healing) on the big honking nose, headlamps, mirrors and rear cover since 2019. No complaints.

Registered
When my new Hellcat Charger gets here it's getting a full body wrap with Suntek Ultra and Ultra Defense then ceramic coated.

Registered
Just as an FYI to those getting / that have PPF - make sure your insurance will cover replacement if you get into an accident. Learned the hard way how utterly shitty liberty mutual is and they are only going to cover $500 towards my PPF / Ceramic

Registered
Durango Hellcat
PM me if interested.

Registered
Challenger Scat Pack F8
Hey guys just wondering your thoughts on what is the best paint protection film for my new widebody redeye smoke show with red interior 馃檪. My last one had XPEL and I was happy with it but was wondering if there was anything better.
I got Stek. Great stuff.

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Look into LLumar as well. Quite a few people I know have tried everything under the sun. None are perfect. Installer is the biggest thing you need to watch out for so it doesn鈥檛 peel up.

LLumar is ceramic infused and cheaper than many other options with a 10 year warranty. Many customers had a local place do it and they all looked great so I gave it a go on my trackhawk. I paid quite a bit less than I was quoted for the same 3M product I used in the past and I have been happy with it for the year it鈥檚 been on.

LLumar and Suntek are made by the same chemical company and are just different brands as far as I know or knew at the time of my install

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
OP, like others have said, installer is the biggest variable. Can't go wrong with either choice of films you mentioned.

On a side note, put up a picture of your ride. I"ve seen a couple of pics on Instagram of that smoke show paint and it's incredible.

Registered
Just as an FYI to those getting / that have PPF - make sure your insurance will cover replacement if you get into an accident. Learned the hard way how utterly shitty liberty mutual is and they are only going to cover $500 towards my PPF / Ceramic
I have a Guaranteed Value policy with Hagerty that is equal to the sticker price plus the cost of Xpel.

Registered
Challenger SRT 392
What are your milage and usage restrictions?
Hagerty has no mileage restrictions per se other than the car is to be used for pleasure driving and car shows and other special events. You are not supposed to drive it to work or use it for general transportation and you must have another vehicle with normal insurance to use as your daily driver. Your car must also be garaged or at least in a 3-sided carport although they will cover it it in a hotel parking lot if you are away for a show. So it's a very specialized policy and this is how they are able to save you money over a normal general use policy. Grundy is also another similar company and seems they may be cheaper than Hagerty now for some.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Registered
I have a Guaranteed Value policy with Hagerty that is equal to the sticker price plus the cost of Xpel.
Sweet! Hopefully everyone else is covered as well - live and learn on my part.

I will hopefully be moving from my HC to a RE anyways so it may be a moot point, but we'll see once my cars out of the collision shop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts