SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello mopals,
I just ordered a pile of parts including Whipple charger with bigger TB and larger heat exchanger, 10% ati balancer, kooks headers, and 3.09 diff. I recently had similar upgrades by Hennessy on last car,but it burnt to ground before the oil cooler recall. Hennessy was not a good experience. No Comment on that but I’m looking for a good tuner. East Texas, Louisiana, or Mississippi?

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,994 Posts
Got any pics of your hot rod? Sounds like you are on a mission. Cannot help with your request, but I am sure there are many members who can.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2991B788-0E68-4B5B-A492-9715FC0500A7.jpeg
6AF05E26-6E84-48BB-A3C1-19827163B8E3.jpeg
CAAD36F8-B16A-4DDD-8E1D-A462647BA569.jpeg
You just made me realize that I don’t have pics of new car, I’ll take some soon as I clean it up.
Here are some of the previous one.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
4,069 Posts
Holy ****; I too have the dreaded oil cooler line fairy's gifts from Costa Rica. Seeing that photo is more impetus to get those two lines changed out. Glad no one was hurt. Did your insurance cover it, including the mods?

As for tuners, there are two really good ones in Houston, in my opinion, for these cars. BMEAggie can recommend. I don't have first hand knowledge of them with this car (but with others) so I'll let him and the other HC patrons tell you about them.

LR

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
565 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Congrats from south Texas on your new ride. Those are some intense pics you've given us. Hopefully the next ones are just of you roasting the tires off. That's crazy what happened to you. I'm glad you were able to walk away unscathed.
I'm pretty sure there is a notable tuner in Houston that would be more than happy to help you get more from your Hellcat. No I'm not talking about Hennessey either. ;)
Maybe give these members a shout or call this shop. Hopefully these guys can point you in the right direction. :D
SmartSelectImage_2018-03-08-03-57-10.png

SmartSelectImage_2018-03-08-03-57-31.png

Good luck.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I was debating on the pcm kit from diablosport. I’ll give “serious” a call.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a great build I’m anxious to see the results
Anyone have not input on boost a pump vs others

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
565 Posts
Depends on if you will be happy with what you get back and not want anymore power. If you're like most folks, you will always want more. So I am a big fan of buy once, cry once. So if there is a fuel system upgrade that will support you're future needs then absolutely pony up the extra cash and get it done while the car is down anyway. If a budget and timeline is a factor, some folks on this forum are running the boost a pump and are fine. It's all about how much more power you might want. If you run a number you like, but would love to run a bit faster having enough fuel pump is a good problem to have. Injectors are far faster to swap out. Talk to the experts. I'm only reverberating the threads I have been stalking for my own personal information. Pm some of these guys with the builds you like. Most folks are more than willing to talk to you. This has been my past experience. Good luck. Happy spending. ;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m still debating on the diablosport w pcm, does anyone have experience with this Unit? I like the ability to switch tunes. Does it offer trans tuning with same unit? I like the HP and I’m gonna get Serious to do the tune either way. Mike there is very helpful.
In regards to Majestic earlier in the thread, yes insurance covered it and there was an extra policy in place for the henesssy upgrades.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts