SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,071 Posts
I believe I was the first to report this exciting event, which I did nothing for. I will have Dodge look at it when it goes in for something more exciting.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,437 Posts
oil vapour condensing on irregular surfaces of intake tract.
Questions. This location should be vacuum normally right? And makeup side for crankcase pressure. So it is odd to me to see oil mist residue there. For both reasons i.e. a leak well shouldn't residual residue get sucked into intake, (normally I know under at high rpm this side can see pressure and briefly for other reasons) and why so much residue, and how well is the design of the separators in the rocker covers really working. Does that seem strange to you? Kinda does to me but I understand if a leak was there when car shut off gravity would naturally cause it to settle there. What think?

·
Thread Killer
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,111 Posts
Questions. This location should be vacuum normally right? And makeup side for crankcase pressure. So it is odd to me to see oil mist residue there. For both reasons i.e. a leak well shouldn't residual residue get sucked into intake, (normally I know under at high rpm this side can see pressure and briefly for other reasons) and why so much residue, and how well is the design of the separators in the rocker covers really working. Does that seem strange to you? Kinda does to me but I understand if a leak was there when car shut off gravity would naturally cause it to settle there. What think?
very slight vacuum (caused by air filter restriction). not sure why so much residue. haven't had the chance to disassemble so I can inspect and learn.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,437 Posts
very slight vacuum (caused by air filter restriction). not sure why so much residue. haven't had the chance to disassemble so I can inspect and learn.
Yeah the residue (perceived amount)itself is odd to me this side is in front of MAF, sooo....

Re my vacuum comments, referring to ccv line this side. And, for this evap entry point, when sc spools up theres a hell of a lotta air passing by you'd think residue would be following. Not heading into evap line that would be backwards to what it's there for. Wierd to me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
905 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. No biggie, just messy. I actually thought about gluing it on myself. I figured using some weak adhesive that could be removed wouldn't hurt anything. Call it "sealer".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.