SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working with a dealership on a new Hellcat for a few weeks now. Price is great and I have no issues waiting. My question is has any been told that a dealer is not allowed to lock in incentives per stellantis? The other thing I have been told is stellantis required a PDI on every new car they ship to a dealer. I don't like having someone I do not know do the road test since there is no real way to know that they followed the proper break in procedure and not go for a joy ride. I plan on driving out and hauling the car back across several states. I also plan on having my best friend who is a mechanic come with me to inspect the car before we load it up. Any advice or history on this? These 2 little issues have me on the fence.

·
Registered
2022 Redeye on order
345 Posts
1) you can lock in incentives. I did it with my Scat Pack order earlier this year.
2) EVERY car has to go through PDI. What if your car is 2 qts low on oil? Wheel lugs loose? Your mechanic can look it over after it is PDI’d.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,733 Posts
They should be flexible on the driving part of the PDI, I know with Demon that all dealers were given explicit orders that a customer's Demon was not to be road tested under any circumstances. So just tell your dealer you'd rather them not drive it until you get there and then you all can work something out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
141 Posts
I have been working with a dealership on a new Hellcat for a few weeks now. Price is great and I have no issues waiting. My question is has any been told that a dealer is not allowed to lock in incentives per stellantis? The other thing I have been told is stellantis required a PDI on every new car they ship to a dealer. I don't like having someone I do not know do the road test since there is no real way to know that they followed the proper break in procedure and not go for a joy ride. I plan on driving out and hauling the car back across several states. I also plan on having my best friend who is a mechanic come with me to inspect the car before we load it up. Any advice or history on this? These 2 little issues have me on the fence.
I was told there were no incentives on 2022 Hellcats yet. I might get one if they have incentives when it arrives.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The dealer can lock in available incentives at time of order. If you have placed the order, they cannot lock in any new incentives unless they are active at the time you are taking delivery (but if you do take new incentives, I believe you forfeit the previous ones, so they cannot be stacked).

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
141 Posts
My incentive was the extra 90 or so ponies going from my older 2015 Hellcat to a new Redeye. If I get a litt cash back when it arrives, that’s icing on the cake 😁😁

·
Registered
2020 M6 HC
1,445 Posts
I am not aware of any incentives on 22's, if there is please let me know.

Just make sure your order includes credit for incentives at the time of delivery, best you can hope for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have tried to contact him but I can never seem to get a reply. Both email and on the phone. I would love to work with him. This is my first new car. Since I have no debt, a house, and a great job I want to get something I can enjoy for the rest of my life. Its the back and forth with the dealership that makes want to just say no. I emailed the dealer with what I feel is a good compromise. We do the road test while I am on site.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Redeye
102 Posts
View attachment 584298

See HellcatJesus. Don't waste your breath on anyone else. 4.5% under invoice, PDI, No PDI, Delivered, Collected, at the dealership, or all online. He will follow your lead.

I'm not a representative, just a satisfied former customer.
This is literally gospel. They move a little slower there, so be patient. But, if you friendly push, they'll do everything you ask, and more. Don't buy from anyone else.

Reactions: Mattm400

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
633 Posts
I don't know all the ins and outs of a PDI, but, I have HEARD, probably read around here somewhere, if the dealer doesn't inspect it, you may have warranty issues down the road.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,780 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have tried to contact him but I can never seem to get a reply. Both email and on the phone. I would love to work with him. This is my first new car. Since I have no debt, a house, and a great job I want to get something I can enjoy for the rest of my life. Its the back and forth with the dealership that makes want to just say no. I emailed the dealer with what I feel is a good compromise. We do the road test while I am on site.
Most dealerships don't allow test drives on Hellcats, by the way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
PDI is absolutely 100% required on any new car, not just Hellcats. The factory requires it, and it's highly doubtful the dealership would let some idiot drive the car.

--Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hellcat Jesus reached out to me last night. We had a good talk about what I want and I see myself doing the deal with him. I’m sad that the dealer I was working with advertises on this site but doesn’t want to work with the customer to get a sale. Good experience till the Gm and sales manager gets involved. Thank you all for referring me to this so far wonderful salesman.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hellcat Jesus reached out to me last night. We had a good talk about what I want and I see myself doing the deal with him. I’m sad that the dealer I was working with advertises on this site but doesn’t want to work with the customer to get a sale. Good experience till the Gm and sales manager gets involved. Thank you all for referring me to this so far wonderful salesman.
That's where I'm going to order my HCWB from in the summer. I don't care that I live over 2K mile away, that's what transporters are for. GL with the car, and keep us updated!!

--Jeff

Reactions: PolePosition

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am in the process of ordering through Ashlie at Chapmannewcars.com. Got 5% under invoice plus any incentives at delivery. Wish I could lock in the current ones for the 2022s. Does hellcatjesus lock in for current incentives with 2022s not out yet?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts