SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I went to storage to get my Demon with my wife. I started it up and sounded like a sewing machine. I thought to myself maybe my hearing is going bad. Then my wife saw that peanuts blow out the exhaust tips. Its plug so tight I can't get anymore out. So know I'm in a pinch. I'm wondering two things.

1) Is there any tricks to getting the exhaust off?
2) I looked but where can I hook so I can pull car in the trailer?

Plan to do tomorrow so I can drive this beast again.

Thanks for help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,835 Posts
Literally ‘peanuts’?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Someone actually broke into your storage unit and packed your tailpipes full of peanuts?

That is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard in my entire life.

I don't think the car would catch fire, but I would be interested in knowing just how far up the pipes they are packed.

if you want to get an idea, tap on the pipes starting at the back and working your way forward. when it makes a metallic ringing sound instead of thump, you've probably gotten past most of the mystery peanuts.

Demand to see the security footage for the entire time the car has been in storage.

Also, find somewhere else to store the car.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
122 Posts
Someone actually broke into your storage unit and packed your tailpipes full of peanuts?

Also, find somewhere else to store the car.
Well, he just said "storage." It could've been a barn or under a tarp in a field somewhere for all we know. (I hope not the latter though)
Squirrels perhaps?

But, yes, find somewhere else to store it

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
LOL squirrels stuffing exhaust pipes full of peanuts. Where would squirrels GET peanuts? Off of the local peanut tree spreading its mighty branches to the sun?

Maybe some mole squirrels?

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
Oh! I'm sorry to hear this but think I woke everyone up with the squirrels comment! I love this Forum!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would be worried about letting them “burn out” peanuts have oil in them so yes I would be concerned about fire and what they would leave behind as a residue. Yes I would do the work to pull the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,862 Posts
Can't you bring a shop vac, extension cord and suck them out?
I would not want to melt anything in or around my exhaust because you will smell the melted peanuts.

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,046 Posts
I wonder how far the peanuts go into the pipes? If it was just at the end you could poke them with a stick to break them up then a couple of good revs would blow them out . Or the shop vac trick might work too . Worst case scenario removing the exhaust is really easy . It take about 15 mins . I have done it many times . And I would bank on squirrels or some kind of rodent storing them in there . There are no elephants near by is there?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
57 Posts
Hi everyone,
I went to storage to get my Demon with my wife. I started it up and sounded like a sewing machine. I thought to myself maybe my hearing is going bad. Then my wife saw that peanuts blow out the exhaust tips. Its plug so tight I can't get anymore out. So know I'm in a pinch. I'm wondering two things.

1) Is there any tricks to getting the exhaust off?
2) I looked but where can I hook so I can pull car in the trailer?

Plan to do tomorrow so I can drive this beast again.

Thanks for help!!!!!!!
Boiled or roasted? It's important...

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I would not run the car with a blocked Exhaust system. Use the shop vac method to get out what you can and then you could possibly blow the rest out with the engine. just when you get it out blow them out as quick as possible one quick blast should do it just make sure no one’s close behind you. Getting the exhaust off is easy but you have to get the car in the air a bit to do such. Good luck, damn critters!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
902 Posts
LOL squirrels stuffing exhaust pipes full of peanuts. Where would squirrels GET peanuts? Off of the local peanut tree spreading its mighty branches to the sun?

Maybe some mole squirrels?
The old guy down the block feeds. peanuts to the tree rats all winter. Then he gets pis$ed when they dig up his flower pots looking for nuts.

·
BMF
4,291 Posts
Corsa Time!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,540 Posts
Dang! I've heard of this happening before....mice....squirrels....other rodents. They go in there because it's all snuggly and warm and bring the snacks with them. I like Linda's idea of using the ShopVac plus some additional engine revving explusion. Otherwise, getting the exhaust off isn't too bad when the car is up. You could just put it in neutral and push it into the trailer if totally necessary. Hopefully it won't come to that!

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
Still dying over the squirrel issue. I'm in Chicagoland and they are some asses! Our dog doesn't like squirrels period. Yesterday just so happens front door open and the squirrel is sun bathing right by the door just purposely pissing the dog off. Shoo him away and he's back 5mins. later! I want to adopt that trouble maker lol. I know this sucks but I'd recommend yanking the system and clearing it out. Wouldn't chance it. Personally I'd tell my GF exhaust is ruined and have to get the Corsa Xtreme it has squirrel proof valves! Win/Win! Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts