Discussion Starter #1

·
DRIVESRT.COM
4,548 Posts
You're correct. Waste of money.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not interested in getting one at this time but has anyone ever heard of these things?

Dodge Charger Hellcat 6.2L V8 supercharged 707 hp (2011-…) Throttle Response Controller Pedal Commander | Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller

I would think the transmission modes already built into our cars would be better than this.
I would be a little hesitant to order from a company that can't even get basic math correct: (4 control modes (with 2 being Sport) and 8 sensitivity levels = 32 different parameters, not 36.)

We have a solution for you!!
Pedal Commander has 4 different control modes:Eco,City, Sport, and Sport .Each control mode has 8 different sensitivity levels which you can choose. These 36 different parameters, in total, is what makes us different than others. Pedal Commander is programmable according to your desire within your car’s specifications.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would be a little hesitant to order from a company that can't even get basic math correct: (4 control modes (with 2 being Sport) and 8 sensitivity levels = 32 different parameters, not 36.)

We have a solution for you!!
Pedal Commander has 4 different control modes:Eco,City, Sport, and Sport .Each control mode has 8 different sensitivity levels which you can choose. These 36 different parameters, in total, is what makes us different than others. Pedal Commander is programmable according to your desire within your car’s specifications.

Hello Bane and everyone else !!!!

My name is Larry Sartore and I work for Pedal Commander USA.... Let me explain a few things to you guys and answer some question we might have...

Bane I can promise you we know how to count... So we have 4 basic modes ECO, CITY, SPORT, SPORT + in addition there are parameters on top of the 4 modes you can adjust them +4 or -4 in each direction depending on you and to fit your driving style so once again we are back to basic math and there are 36 settings you can adjust to.

4 basic modes plus fine tuning equal a total of 9 Settings 9x4=36 :)

I want to make it very clear I am not soliciting sales or offering our services.
But I do need to clear up some of the misunderstandings that we might commonly have.

if anyone has anymore questions I can answer them at [email protected]

Our unit plugs into the gas pedal or your "throttle position sensor" goes in-line and we amplify the signal or the TPS and change the tip-in our transmission modes do nothing of the sort.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My name is Larry Sartore and I work for Pedal Commander USA.... Let me explain a few things to you guys and answer some question we might have...

Bane I can promise you we know how to count... So we have 4 basic modes ECO, CITY, SPORT, SPORT + in addition there are parameters on top of the 4 modes you can adjust them +4 or -4 in each direction depending on you and to fit your driving style so once again we are back to basic math and there are 36 settings you can adjust to.

I want to make it very clear I am not soliciting sales or offering our services.
But I do need to clear up some of the misunderstandings that we might commonly have.

Our unit plugs into the gas pedal or your "throttle position sensor" goes in-line and we amplify the signal or the TPS and change the tip-in our transmission modes do nothing of the sort.
But the car already has 4 modes, eco street sport and track. And you can adjust transmission, traction, suspension and horsepower within each. So I just don't see what this device gains our vehicles.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
It manipulates throttle movement. So even though you press the throttle kinda slowly it will press it faster, at least according to how the computer sees things, or if you hammer it, it will throttle up slower if in the eco modes.

That's the best as I understand it. The factory settings don't do this.

This is a neat little gadget on turbod vehicles. The eco diesel loves it. Makes the truck feel preppy. Not sure the hellcat needs more pep. Maybe more eco? Not for me, but maybe for some.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Sounds like an elecronic version of a throttle linkage pivot arm. changes car response to the skinny pedal pressure (plus or minus)

·
Registered
8 Posts
The controller is designed to take the information right from the accelerator pedal position sensor and compile it in a high speed controller circuit. It also slightly advances that number and then sends it directly to the ECU. By sending the information to the computer this way, a couple of checks that the engine computer will make can be bypassed before sending the signal to open the throttle plate. However, the throttle response timing will be noticeably faster and I can guarantee faster 1/4 mile times as long as we can get our car to stay attached to the pavement. To be honest I get most feedback from people with N/A cars I know the Ford Raptor crowd loves the product and so does lots of mustang guys but they are not nearly dabbling in the HP or Torque figures we are...

·
DRIVESRT.COM
4,548 Posts
Similar to what DiabloSport did with their throttle boost feature on their tuner devices.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think the throttle tip-in and response in our cars is about as perfect as it gets--definitely doesn't feel like a sponge as noted in the product description.

·
Registered
278 Posts

Ok, so then your website is wrong. You should either state 8 additional settings or change it to 9 because the one it starts with is also a setting. Either way, poor math or poor editing skills, still sounds gimmicky like a "Seen on TV" thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok, so then your website is wrong. You should either state 8 additional settings or change it to 9 because the one it starts with is also a setting. Either way, poor math or poor editing skills, still sounds gimmicky like a "Seen on TV" thing.
Bane why dont you give it a shot.... I got a 14 day money back and you can share with everyone how "gimmicky" it is ....

I dont think this group thinks its very "gimmicky"
Pedal Commander??? - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bane why dont you give it a shot.... I got a 14 day money back and you can share with everyone how "gimmicky" it is ....

There is really a huge difference between our Hellcats and a 4X4 raptor. The skinny pedal on a Hellcat has to be carefully modulated or you just lite the tires up, there is never any lag. The 4X4 Raptor provides enough traction that faster throttle response would translate into forward movement. Would have loved this product on the 2010 Tundra I had to retard throttle response at tip in. I had to carefully ease on the at every stop, otherwise you get a lunge off the line that was really irritating to passengers.

·
Registered
898 Posts
My Sprint Booster makes my car feel better period. I drive in green and am careful on the red setting. Not looking for arguing here just stating my observations. Simple plug and play to bridge gap before dealing with pedal lag through tuning.

·
Registered
278 Posts

Think I'll pass. Here's why:

1. Your website states that this is for:
Dodge Charger Hellcat 6.2L V8 supercharged 707 hp (2011-…)

(I didn't even know they were making Hellcats from 2011-2014, must've been really out of it for those four years.)

2. You claim 36 different settings, your website says:
Pedal Commander has 4 different control modes:Eco,City, Sport, and Sport .Each control mode has 8 different sensitivity levels which you can choose.

(Still adds up to 32 different settings to me. The pictures of the product also shows 32 different light combinations.)

3. You say you have a 14 day money back guarantee, your website says 30 days.

If you can't QC some simple information on a website, how can I trust that you can QC your product? The accuracy of information you provide directly correlates into the amount of trust someone will have buying your product. So as far as I can see, 3 strikes and you're out. I didn't even look very hard, there might be (probably is) more misinformation on your website. Anyway, if you can get other people to shell out $300 for it, good for you. You won't be getting it from me. Hope you have a great day.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Maybe not on the Hellcat, but on a couple people on the Mercedes AMG forums have said the Pedal Commander is their first and most important mod.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Maybe not on the Hellcat, but on a couple people on the Mercedes AMG forums have said the Pedal Commander is their first and most important mod.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts