SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed this on my front passenger wheel. At first I thought some plastic had stuck to the wheel, but it's actually the matte finish flaking away. This is the worst spot, but there are some smaller areas on the same wheel and the the rear passenger wheel. I took delivery of the car about 6 weeks ago, so I wouldn't expect to see this kind of issue so soon... or ever.

Has anyone else seen this on their wheels?

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I just noticed this on my front passenger wheel. At first I thought some plastic had stuck to the wheel, but it's actually the matte finish flaking away. This is the worst spot, but there are some smaller areas on the same wheel and the the rear passenger wheel. I took delivery of the car about 6 weeks ago, so I wouldn't expect to see this kind of issue so soon... or ever.

Has anyone else seen this on their wheels?

View attachment 542218
You might want to also post that thread on the Charger Forums board since the same vapor wheel is also a Charger option. I know because I ordered them on my '19 Charger HC that's currently being built. I certainly hope it's not widespread but I've heard several stories about FCA wheel suppliers. In fact my '18 Trackhawk came with 2 wheels powder coated and 2 wheels uncoated. It happens.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I finally had a chance to stop by the dealer to have them look at it. The service advisor said that he's seen something similar before, but not on a Hellcat. Both wheels will be replaced under warranty, but they're currently on backorder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts