SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find this oil anywhere - ordered from amazon and "damaged during shipping"
Never got here ...
Napa has it $12.25 / qt
walmart out
anyone found it cheaper ?

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
69 Posts
I use M1 0w40 myself: available...everywhere :)

Reactions: Wdom8kr

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
506 Posts
Changing to Amsoil ... no worries about it as I have a lot of experience with it.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
15 Posts
Amsoil far superior motor oil. I have used it in the past on various hp cars I owned and still do today. Not a big fan penn oils

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,334 Posts
I buy the srt pennzoil from dodge for 7.xx bucks a quart.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can't find this oil anywhere - ordered from amazon and "damaged during shipping"
Never got here ...
Napa has it $12.25 / qt
walmart out
anyone found it cheaper ?
My O'Reilly carries it but the keep it in back and you have to ask for it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
289 Posts
Amazon... delivered on a six-month subscription... plus an extra case once in a while to have the 7th quart on-hand during oil changes or when topping it off in-between.

When there is a rebate available, Amazon provides a notice on the web page.

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-40 Motor Oil (1 Quart, Case of 6) (550040856-6PK)

Currently about $45 a case... Free delivery with Amazon Prime.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,739 Posts
I buy the srt pennzoil from dodge for 7.xx bucks a quart.
My Dodge dealer keeps it in stock and charges under $8 quart, too. I also like to get it there because if I ever get any grief regarding warranty, it’s a good record. Of course, if you’re modded that’s irrelevant.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,467 Posts
While I use Mobil 1 in my other vehicles I do not in the HC because it does not meet the spec and there could be warranty issues. From the Mobil 1 site:

"Based on what you've told us, your vehicle manufacturer recommends a 0W-40 viscosity and oil that meets Chrysler MS-12633. We currently do not offer any motor oils in the United States that meet these specifications."

·
Registered
223 Posts
While I use Mobil 1 in my other vehicles I do not in the HC because it does not meet the spec and there could be warranty issues. From the Mobil 1 site:

"Based on what you've told us, your vehicle manufacturer recommends a 0W-40 viscosity and oil that meets Chrysler MS-12633. We currently do not offer any motor oils in the United States that meet these specifications."
I use M1 European formula. It's specified for AMG/Mercedes-benz, Porsche, etc. I'm not worried about using it. I'm positive it's gonna work just fine.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,201 Posts
PepBoys & Napa are the only places I can get it locally. Otherwise, it’s Amazon or the dealer for me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,467 Posts
I use M1 European formula. It's specified for AMG/Mercedes-benz, Porsche, etc. I'm not worried about using it. I'm positive it's gonna work just fine.
My comment was based solely on what meets the Chrysler specification and possible warranty issues of not using spec oil. Not whether the Mobil 1 will work fine or not.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,196 Posts
Kind of funny but a good number of Porsche owners shunned M1 0w-40 simply because Porsche used it as factory fill and recommended it. The thinking was if the factory recommended the oil it had to be no damn good, 'cause you know car companies know zilch about engine oils.

I put nearly 500K miles on a couple of Porsche cars using (mostly) M1 0w-40 oil. I say "mostly" because a few years before I got rid of the cars I switched to M1 5w-50 oil which was also approved by Porsche but only if the temperature was above -25C. It didn't get anywhere near this cold where I lived and where I used my cars but often in the summer the ambient temperature would exceed 100F.

At any rate the oil (0w-40/5w-50) was fine.

But with my Scat Pack, then my Hellcat, and now my (2nd) Scat Pack, I use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w-40 Full Synthetic oil. The dealer (several in CA one here in AR and just a few miles from me) stock it and discount it to under $7/quart.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts