SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This happened while I was at dinner tonight, I parked out in the middle of nowhere!!!!!

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
951 Posts
F*****ck!!! What kind of POS person does it take to do that?! Unreal. I feel for ya. Hope the repair turns out well.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,924 Posts
And if you catch them and beat them silly, you’re the bad guy. BS. Sorry for that. Beautiful car.

·
Registered
65 GTO, 21 REWB Challenger ordered
196 Posts
Had a 82 collector edition vette. Parked it out in the middle of the lot away from every other car, didn't even take multiple spots. Driving back home I get pulled over for a broken tail light. Someone broke the tail light lens while I was inside the grocery store 🤬. I don't understand why people are such pieces of trash.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Widebody Redeye
380 Posts
And if you catch them and beat them silly, you’re the bad guy. BS. Sorry for that. Beautiful car.
that's why you feed em to the pigs....

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Widebody Redeye
380 Posts
Had a 82 collector edition vette. Parked it out in the middle of the lot away from every other car, didn't even take multiple spots. Driving back home I get pulled over for a broken tail light. Someone broke the tail light lens while I was inside the grocery store 🤬. I don't understand why people are such pieces of trash.
jealousy and envy make monsters.... their thinking is as such "im a pile of dog shit and too lazy to have nice things so you shouldn't have them either..."

·
Registered
‘21 REDEYE SUPER STOCK
1,206 Posts
You can see that shi**y attitude 80% of the time in your rear view mirror!

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
880 Posts
I had no problems for 20 years, but in the past 5 years, I've had 3 cars vandalized within a year of each other. Once was at a car show (random teenager decided to key a few cars during the awards presentation) and another teenager emptied a half bottle of ketchup all over the driver side of my 2015 Mustang race car in a mall parking lot. But, the one that takes the cake, '64 Ford Thunderbird, survivor car, low miles (less than 40k at the time). It was original, unrestored. Someone graffiti tagged the driver side of the car in a movie theater parking lot. It was also parked quite literally the farthest you could get from the front door in the last space in the back row (with about 10 cars separating mine to the nearest). I ended up having to have the orignal factory paint stripped and the whole car repainted. Goodbye factory original rating :(

It was that instance that prompted me to put dash cams in all my cars. I don't know if it's greed, envy, or something else, but younger people seem to think it's fun to intentionally damage someone's nice car. My dash cam caught the teenager keying my car at the car show, and I caught the kid trying to run after the ketchup incident.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,109 Posts
Bet your kids are sweating this one out..... "Dad thinks it happened at the store, we will tell dad when we all move out of the house someday"

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
880 Posts
Then what happened?
Teenager at the car show was 16 yrs old. He keyed my 2015 Mustang GT, a 1970 Corvette, 57 Chevy Belair, and a 2013 GT500. Once I provided footage to law enforcement, they picked him up and he was charged with felony criminal mischief (as he caused in excess of $30,000 damage. In FL, vandalism caps at $1,000 damage, and criminal mischief is the upcharge to that). He was a juvenile, so I don't know the details of what he was convicted of or sentenced to. We banded together and sued his parents for damages and we collected on the lawsuit.

When a separate kid squirted ketchup on the same Mustang, I initially had no idea why a pair of two teenagers took off running as I walked towards my car. Anytime I see people pushing their noses up to my window, if I'm in eye-shot, I tend to double fire the lock button which makes the horn beep. I did that in this case and they took off running. I was in an abandoned mall parking lot (mall was dead, but the Guitar Center store was still open). So, you can imagine a sea of empty pavement with nowhere to run to or hide. When I saw the ketchup, I popped into my car and a 9s E.T. car is in fact faster than 2 kids on foot.

I'm not a uniformed or sworn police officer, but I do carry a very official FDLE badge. I shouted at them to stop, showed the FDLE badge and called police (we can legally show the badge and identify ourselves as FDLE employees). The kids stopped and one was saying the other did it, and the other kid was saying the other did it. Typical stuff. Cop showed up and we did the whole scared straight routine. Put them in the back of the car, threatened with jail time for vandalism, etc. while the officer called their parents.

Both sets of parents arrived about a half hour later. One mom was very angry and insisted that her son be made to clean up my car. I had some No H20 car wash and some rags in the trunk and let him go to town. The other parent (of whom I think was the kid who actually put the ketchup on my car) was completely put-off by having to come get her son for what amounted to, "just kids having some fun." She put him in her car and seemed more angry at me than her kid.

·
Registered
2021 Charger RedEye
136 Posts
Major bummer!!!! Sorry to see this pal. It looks like the tags my kids put on me an my wife's care with their bikes with the wore out handle grips. A foot in length scratch down the drivers side door. Till this day any bikes of any kind are banned from my garage. I hope its not too much to have this fix.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
510 Posts
Had someone try to steal the mirrors off of a Mustang Cobra that I owned. He apparently didn't understand that there were cables attached inside the mirrors that made it complicated for him to steal them quickly. Mall security nabbed him and a cop asked me if I would consider letting him go this time (he knew the young man's family). I told them sure if he agreed to wax my car 10 times during the next year whenever I wanted it done. It was nice sitting back in a lawn chair and watching him meticulously wax the car each time. I did some stupid things as a young person too but damaging other peoples property wasn't one of them. Didn't want him to have a record over it but wanted him to learn a lesson.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
205 Posts
Years ago I parked my classic car far away in a Home Depot parking lot . Nobody even close. I came out and a rusted out van was stationed very near to my vehicle. Lucky no damage but the driver of the pos was probably watching and laughing.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,924 Posts
While I understand theft, but clearly don’t condone it, I never understood vandalism. It’s not like the perp gains anything material from it, like stealing. Just a-holes I guess?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
402 Posts
Teenager at the car show was 16 yrs old. He keyed my 2015 Mustang GT, a 1970 Corvette, 57 Chevy Belair, and a 2013 GT500. Once I provided footage to law enforcement, they picked him up and he was charged with felony criminal mischief (as he caused in excess of $30,000 damage. In FL, vandalism caps at $1,000 damage, and criminal mischief is the upcharge to that). He was a juvenile, so I don't know the details of what he was convicted of or sentenced to. We banded together and sued his parents for damages and we collected on the lawsuit.

When a separate kid squirted ketchup on the same Mustang, I initially had no idea why a pair of two teenagers took off running as I walked towards my car. Anytime I see people pushing their noses up to my window, if I'm in eye-shot, I tend to double fire the lock button which makes the horn beep. I did that in this case and they took off running. I was in an abandoned mall parking lot (mall was dead, but the Guitar Center store was still open). So, you can imagine a sea of empty pavement with nowhere to run to or hide. When I saw the ketchup, I popped into my car and a 9s E.T. car is in fact faster than 2 kids on foot.

I'm not a uniformed or sworn police officer, but I do carry a very official FDLE badge. I shouted at them to stop, showed the FDLE badge and called police (we can legally show the badge and identify ourselves as FDLE employees). The kids stopped and one was saying the other did it, and the other kid was saying the other did it. Typical stuff. Cop showed up and we did the whole scared straight routine. Put them in the back of the car, threatened with jail time for vandalism, etc. while the officer called their parents.

Both sets of parents arrived about a half hour later. One mom was very angry and insisted that her son be made to clean up my car. I had some No H20 car wash and some rags in the trunk and let him go to town. The other parent (of whom I think was the kid who actually put the ketchup on my car) was completely put-off by having to come get her son for what amounted to, "just kids having some fun." She put him in her car and seemed more angry at me than her kid.
You should've poured a bottle of ketchup on her car and then asked her: "How much fun is that to clean off"? Just kidding......................................Kind of!

Seriously, I'm Sorry to hear this stuff happening to you Guys but Unfortunately and Sadly it does.

Younger people are raised differently than we were as children (they are spoiled and given the feeling of entitlement, at least in our part of the country). We have kids that are in High School that expect a Brand new car from their parents and drive around here like the world owes them something. I feel that the downside of getting things given to them is that they lacked the Respect that we get from having to work for and buy our own things. They have no skin in the game!

I don't just blame the kids though because most of the blame falls on the parents.

I'm not saying that all young adults are bad, just alot of them around here in the under 20 year old age range! :D

Sorry for the rant and I'm off of my soap box now, but Thanks for letting me vent!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts