SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

People Walking Away From Custom Hellcat Orders

16850 Views 325 Replies 60 Participants Last post by  Jimmy N.
Interesting Video 🤔 good points made

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
'22 Charger Hellcat ordered
628 Posts
Plenty of people pay cash so I wouldn’t care.
With the current state of interest rates, that will encourage a shift to cash buyers vs. financing. There are many feasible places to safely park money at such a (guaranteed) return.

The customers who will be/already are affected the most are those banking on the monthly payment and/or purchasing above their means. The real money isn't as affected in terms of expense, it is more of a financial (planning) shift.

· Registered
628 Posts
America when its was wealthy had assets that far exceeded liabilities. That is most certainly not the case any more. Except many of our politicians do not see that! As long as one owes more than one has one will never prosper. You can't have money as long as you owe more than you have!
The average Joe has no idea what "wealth" even is, are how it is properly defined. People can be perceived as being wealthy, yet are actually quite poor. That is the difference between having cash flow vs. having actual net worth. Much of America displays (and aspires) to be part of the former, with minimal focus on the latter.

· Registered
628 Posts
6.52 thru my dealership last month. Wells Fargo. 60 months 20%down.
Back in 2009 purchased a Dodge 3500 truck for 0% down 0% interest. Those were the days my friend, I thought they would never end...
That is very high for great credit - I almost think I would've let the car go at that price. That's an estimated $175+ per month in interest, and nearly $11k in interest over the life of the loan (assuming it is seen to maturity).

Last month 2.99% was possible IIRC.

· Registered
628 Posts
I don't think anyone is able to join that. From this who is eligble link

You can become an Interior FCU member if you or your immediate family members:
  • Are a Department of the Interior employee, contractor, or volunteer…that’s right contractors and volunteers!
  • Volunteer at one of the National Parks (one time for at least 3 hours)
  • Join through the New Mexico Wildlife Federation.
  • Are an employee or volunteer of one of the following groups

Yeah, you join the NM Wildlife Federation.

Anyone can join.

· Registered
628 Posts
And joining NMWF is free.

Most credit unions have 1 membership path that is basically open to everyone. It usually does involve joining some charitable organization. Ever notice most CDJR's give a .5% discount if you have been a member of Tread Lightly for at least 30 days? There's always a little known incentive/pathway.
Finally a guy that knows. 🙏🏼

You’re preaching to the choir. I could spend hours giving advisement on tips/tricks (whatever you would like to call them), but it usually results in arguments or people writing me off altogether.

· Registered
628 Posts
That's not what I was talking about. You were talking about guaranteed returns. So where are these places?🤣
A guy who chooses to pay cash for a car versus financing at say 6% has no return?

OTOH - say you were to invest that car money and receive that same 6% ROI. You still have to shave taxes off of that money so you're not getting the full 6%.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts