SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it's worth it or not, but they sent this to me today.

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
278 Posts
Yeah I got it too. I have a NIB old style brace. I guess they are offering 10% off altogether if you return your old one. So $25-30 off depending on what you upgrade to? I think I'll just try my luck and list it on here instead. Might get $100 from someone that doesn't want to spend that kind of money. Unless I'm not understanding the offer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, you are correct. It is $47.90 off the DIRS brace if you trade up to that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
278 Posts
$229 NIB price and turn that into $48....not much of a deal if you ask me. I guess if had it on the car and it's "used" it might be better than nothing though.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you had one of the original ones and were thinking about upgrading, this is not the worst. Nobody really wants any of the original ones.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
199 Posts
Just a question, what is wrong with the original one? I am sure there are many out there on Hellcats.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had seen a couple posts in the past that rear diffs still had broken with the original style brace. I assume that they were heavily modified hellcats or demons.
I was installing a 3.09 diff, 1pc DSS driveshaft, and a driveshaft loop, so I figured that was the time to upgrade the brace since I was under there and it was apart anyways.
I put my old one on my dads hellcat and bought the DIRS. Per4mance Development hired an engineer to design it, so I am assuming it was well thought out. It is a work of art. I have not heard anything yet of issues with it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
500 Posts
I had one of the original ones. It really made a difference in the way the car handled. Made it feel more stable, less wiggle in the back. I took it off because I got nervous after seeing some of the rear differentials braking with the brace installed.

i also think my mind started playing games with me, I started noticing a noice, which was probably NVH from having the brace bolted to the frame of the car, and that was the last draw.
I took it off and sold it to another member here.
now I’m thinking about getting this one.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
479 Posts
Shit, the guys with the new DIRS have blown rear ends apart left and right, it's not a savior.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
500 Posts
Shit, the guys with the new DIRS have blown rear ends apart left and right, it's not a savior.
Ice hog, I see in your signature you have the blower spacers and the blanket installed. I still have the kit sitting in my basement. I can’t bring myself to do the install at home.

did you so your own install ? Or take it to a shop?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
479 Posts
Ice hog, I see in your signature you have the blower spacers and the blanket installed. I still have the kit sitting in my basement. I can’t bring myself to do the install at home.

did you so your own install ? Or take it to a shop?
Alain23, I did the install myself, it was an easy install. Only needed a little help taking the blower off and re-installing onto the engine, it's quite heavy and awkward. Outside of that, piece of cake.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are simple, you will need two people to remove the sc for sure!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
500 Posts
Alain23, I did the install myself, it was an easy install. Only needed a little help taking the blower off and re-installing onto the engine, it's quite heavy and awkward. Outside of that, piece of cake.
What was the biggest hang up you came across? other than the heaviness of the blower.
sorry for the hi jack OP

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Watch speedy's video of pulley upgrade and add disconnecting the fuel and intercooler coolant hoses, then lift sc off. It is not difficult, 45 minutes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts