SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Performance pages..713hp?

7407 14
Vehicle Car Multimedia Electronics Technology
Hey everyone, I've been lurking around this forum for a few months now, but just now decided to sign up. Got the HC in late January (ordered first day), it's Tor red a8 with Laguna sepia leather.

Anyway, was out messing around the other day and had it in performance pages where it shows realtime hp/torque/boost/etc. and on two pulls the hp read 712 once and 713 the next time at WOT...thought that was pretty cool. Does anyone know where this sensor is reading from? Flywheel? Rear wheels? The passenger managed to get a pic but it's pretty blurry.
Reactions: hellcat1 and 630
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
View attachment 7875 Hey everyone, I've been lurking around this forum for a few months now, but just now decided to sign up. Got the HC in late January (ordered first day), it's Tor red a8 with Laguna sepia leather.

Anyway, was out messing around the other day and had it in performance pages where it shows realtime hp/torque/boost/etc. and on two pulls the hp read 712 once and 713 the next time at WOT...thought that was pretty cool. Does anyone know where this sensor is reading from? Flywheel? Rear wheels? The passenger managed to get a pic but it's pretty blurry.
Well, there are quite a few people that can answer that. Fnkychkn tsc might be able to answer.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,242 Posts
View attachment 7875 Hey everyone, I've been lurking around this forum for a few months now, but just now decided to sign up. Got the HC in late January (ordered first day), it's Tor red a8 with Laguna sepia leather.

Any idea what the engine RPM was at the 712-713? Remember, the Hellcat is rated 707HP @ 6,000RPM... however it goes up to an electronically limited 6,200RPM. :) With tuning, 6,400RPM :) :)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Best guess is it uses the lateral acceleration sensor that's used by the ABS and calculates it within the engine module as it needs to know rpm and speed. That's how Audi used to do it.

Reactions: Carnage

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any idea what the engine RPM was at the 712-713? Remember, the Hellcat is rated 707HP @ 6,000RPM... however it goes up to an electronically limited 6,200RPM. :) With tuning, 6,400RPM :) :)
I'm note sure, it was in auto and sport mode. I'm guessing about 6000 because that is what the shift point is set at.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
Agree on the 707 @ 6k rpm point.. It will make more at 6250 if you run it up to there. The A8 in D mode will shift at 6k for the most part..

As far as how it calculates, not sure. It's either a formula based on abs and/or gyro sensors, or is simply a value spit out by the ECM over the CAN bus (and calculated within the ECM). Due to the realtime nature of the reading (the gauge responds quicker in the DID) I'm guessing it comes from the CAN bus.

Reactions: 630

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,279 Posts
Not really up to speed with the H/C, but I'd agree with tsc; it's an ECM calculation. the CAN bus is the communication link between the systems. I would figure it takes the config of the car (performance pages) and the outside variables that it senses & formulates a rated H.P.

I would not be surprised if someone posts that 720 "ish" h.p. got puke out on the display with the right conditions on a stock H/C...

How accurate it is? I have no idea.......

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
596 Posts
Probably takes those various sensor readings and uses a table that correlates known horsepower ratings on the dyno under similar conditions and sensor readings. I bet it's just saying "this is what this motor does (or is estimated to do) on the dyno when it was tested under those conditions".

·
Registered
2021 SRT Durango Hellcat
23 Posts
SAE dyno tests measured the Hellcat at 714 hp @ 6200, 652 lbs @ 4800, rated it at 707 hp @ 6000, 650 lbs @ 4800.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,650 Posts

I saw the same thing once when I took neighbor who has a 2012 GT500 for ride. I think it scared him he said "man get off it". :)

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,242 Posts

·
Registered
2021 SRT Durango Hellcat
23 Posts

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,242 Posts
SAE rate hellcat at 707hp @ 6000 and 650lbs @ 4800, but measured 714hp @ 6200 and 652lbs @ 4800, the SRT handout is incorrect, it also mentioned the 6.2 is 370 CID, it is actually 376 CID, the 6.1 hemi is 370 CID
Nice! Just saw the SAE doc and indeed, the specs mentioned above. A rather expensive document, however, it will be nice to add it to the Hellcat keepsake book. It's also nice they have the dyno graph included; though wish the document had a little bit more information.

Now if I can just get the Hellcat built....

·
Registered
2021 SRT Durango Hellcat
23 Posts
Nice! Just saw the SAE doc and indeed, the specs mentioned above. A rather expensive document, however, it will be nice to add it to the Hellcat keepsake book. It's also nice they have the dyno graph included; though wish the document had a little bit more information.

Now if I can just get the Hellcat built....
Yes $1000 is a bit much, I live in Canada so it would be about $1250 CDN. I tried to download that screen and could not, anyone out there that can?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.