SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
If anyone is on the fence about buying the performance spoiler, I would suggest just do it. I wasn’t sold on it until I saw one in person, I just put one on my car yesterday and love it. Pictures do not do it justice at all. View attachment 570849
So I had the og straight one with the hellcat logo first. Then I swapped it to yours. Then I added a wicker bill. Then I sold my car and I’m back with the first one. My fav out of the 3 was the performance

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,111 Posts
If anyone is on the fence about buying the performance spoiler, I would suggest just do it. I wasn’t sold on it until I saw one in person, I just put one on my car yesterday and love it. Pictures do not do it justice at all. View attachment 570849
any changes to the drive? I have an OG one with a small wicker bill attached, and just recently bought a completely stock with badge and camera one for the car in case I ever need to revert to completely stock. I was torn between getting performance style, or an Anderson Carbon one (both close in price), but I think the way the perform. one is shaped is more flowing with the body style of the rear. The old OG one seems small to me.

or should I just leave this one alone?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry but I couldn't help but recognize the plates. I have the exact same style. Congratulations on the spoiler. I'm out in buckeye AZ. Was it a pain in the a$$ to switch them?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
ordered mine along with trackhawk exhaust tips from steve white yesterday...cant wait! Coupon code SAVE
The ones that are sorta offset? be sure to upload pics, I figured the fact that they were offset from one another that itd looked weird because our rear's dont have a radius but are more straight.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would probably just leave yours, I don’t really think it has a real benefit other than pure looks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any changes to the drive? I have an OG one with a small wicker bill attached, and just recently bought a completely stock with badge and camera one for the car in case I ever need to revert to completely stock. I was torn between getting performance style, or an Anderson Carbon one (both close in price), but I think the way the perform. one is shaped is more flowing with the body style of the rear. The old OG one seems small to me.

or should I just leave this one alone? View attachment 570852
I would probably just leave yours, I don’t really think it has a real benefit other than pure looks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry but I couldn't help but recognize the plates. I have the exact same style. Congratulations on the spoiler. I'm out in buckeye AZ. Was it a pain in the a$$ to switch them?
thanks! Pre covid it wasn’t hard to switch the plates, not sure now.The easiest way to do it would most likely be to wait for when it’s time to renew the registration and select the first responder plate at that time. They’ll mail you the new one.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
With covid, it took me a long time to get my plates, the "manufacturers" are delayed (im in MD so idk if its diff for you, but I waited 9 months for tags..)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
343 Posts
do you have any pictures from different angles? I’ve been on the fence. Specifically the side of the car?

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
402 Posts
do you have any pictures from different angles? I’ve been on the fence. Specifically the side of the car?
It's a much better looking option in my opinion over the "standard" one.

Here's mine on an Indigo Blue Narrow Body...

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Dodge is crazy if they think they can sell me on that spoiler for 1K. I also prefer the SRT Hellcat logo on the standard spoiler.

If I were to get the Performance spoiler I'd just add it myself for less than half price later.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Dodge is crazy if they think they can sell me on that spoiler for 1K. I also prefer the SRT Hellcat logo on the standard spoiler.

If I were to get the Performance spoiler I'd just add it myself for less than half price later.
You will get no arguments from me on the price, it is ridiculously overpriced. However, it's also the better looking choice of the two. That's all I'm saying..

There are people who do not like it or choose to go with something else, and do wind up selling it...

Nice blue! What does the sticker say on the rear window?
It's the Pulse Rear End Collision/Avoidance System - I keep forgetting to take it off the damn window..

·
Registered
164 Posts

I agree with you. Why would you pay a grand to lose the coolest emblem in the auto world? The performance spoiler looks a little different but nothing major. Hard to believe the spoiler has a very big benefit over the stock, although I'm sure others would disagree. Maybe if you're racing over 150 mph it might have some edge. Spend the dough on the 3.09 gears and really get your money's worth!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I agree with you. Why would you pay a grand to lose the coolest emblem in the auto world? The performance spoiler looks a little different but nothing major. Hard to believe the spoiler has a very big benefit over the stock, although I'm sure others would disagree. Maybe if you're racing over 150 mph it might have some edge. Spend the dough on the 3.09 gears and really get your money's worth!
Not really concerned about the spoiler...

My car comes with one of these...

Attachments

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts
I agree. It helps with downforce, but hurts high speed. I had the big Wicker on mine, took off the center section, and MPG climbed a tad. I'll use it at the Autobahn, a small track, but off for bigger ones like Road America. I'd love to see some test data on these also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea I would doubt it has any performance benefit, it was strictly cosmetic for me. It looks a little different in pictures, in person it’s significantly larger than the standard. But hey, it’s not for everyone 🤷‍♂️ Beauty of America,we have choices (or maybe we used to)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts