SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat Redeye
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share that my Charger Redeye I ordered with Dan Cummins in KY on 1-15-2021 came in yesterday. I made the 200 mile drive there this morning, and couldn't have asked for it to go smoother. The dealership followed through with the deal exactly as promised when I ordered it, they did great!. A big thanks to Mattm400 for sending me some pics of the car right after it came off the truck yesterday, they are the best I have of the car since it is completely filthy after the drive home with the off and on rain. At least I am already over halfway through the break-in period. Here it is!

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,861 Posts
Congrats! You are def a happy camper right now. Let us know your impressions as you go.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Gorgeous car. Congrats and enjoy!

Reactions: VTengineer

·
Premium Member
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
985 Posts
Glad your trip and experience at the dealer went well, that's good news since my car is still a month or so away. Let us know what you think after the break in period. Seeing that car in person I can say it's a beautifully badass ride!!! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
2021 Charger Redeye
167 Posts
What a Beauty, I waited 2 days to pick up my car cuz rain was so bad and windy let me tell you longest 48hours ever lol I wanted a clear day wen I picked up my car lol mine was only 20 min drive one way lol I’m loving this new widebody I think I was more excited about getting a WB then it being a RE but then once I started driving it and giving it some throttle man that supercharger is freaking Awsome I can’t get enough of it I’ll never get bored of this car that’s forsure !!!!! Welcome to the Redeye Charger club I’m sure there’s not to many of those out there yet but there coming !!!!!!

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat Redeye
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone! Even though I am still keeping the RPMs down for break-in, it has already been amazing! I can't wait to start stretching its legs after I get past 300 miles. I will say, on the way home I drove back winding roads the first 100 miles to get through the 55mph portion of break-in, and it held the road so well, you really don't feel the weight as much as you would think. Once I got on the interstate, I was averaging 24-25mpg, and was overall 19mpg by the time I got home, which was surprising considering this area is very hilly, and I was definitely accelerating from every curve and stop pretty good just to hear it! It takes such little throttle to break it loose at at anything 40 and under. I am really surprised at just how smooth the ride is in street mode, and what a completely different animal it is in track mode. I can definitely say that whine will NEVER get old!

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,239 Posts
Absolutely Beautiful!:cool::cool:

Linda :)

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,239 Posts
@VTengineer
I was driving my Hellcat to Challengerfest in 2015 and was finishing off my break-in miles. I too was going through a the Hills of mountains on the way. On the way my husband had made me an appointment at a dealership to have an oil change. The next day, I was dragracing and made 14 passes down the strip pretty much back to back. Nobody had seen a Hellcat Charger at that time, many were were excited to see one and highly impressed watching me have a Blast racing it.
It was a game changer for many racers that day as they watched most of my ET's of 11.0's.

Do you think you will take your Hellcat to the Track?

Linda :)

·
Registered
Charger Hellcat Redeye
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really do want to take it to the track, have never been before, but really want to get into it. And honestly, even though I know its a huge car for the job, I really want to take it on some road courses, just will be quite a drive to get to one, cause I don't think there are any close at all to me around Charleston, WV.

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,239 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,471 Posts
Welcome @VTengineer. I am glad to hear you like the Redeye. I have not been able to drive mine since about October so a lot of us are getting pretty excited in these parts to watch the snow melt and the roads get more clean. It is just weeks now.

It will be good to have more people interested in enjoying these on road courses. The closest major track to you and one that allows these “bigger” and more heavy cars to do as well as possible is VIR or Virginia International Raceway. With longer strips of concrete to exercise the power, the Hellcat can be fun to drive. I would suggest any format they have for in car instruction to get you some aggressive seat time. If you liked it on the street already, that experience will hook you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts