SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today is the day that I pick up my new Hellcat! Ordered it back on 4/9/16, so finally and pretty excited to get it. The dealer tried to sell me on extended warranty, paint sealant, wheel and tire coverage etc.. I said no thanks, I will take it as! In fact, I told them don't even wash it.
Hellcat pic.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
120 Posts
Congrats!!! Glad your finally getting your cat :)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
957 Posts
So today is the day that I pick up my new Hellcat! Ordered it back on 4/9/16, so finally and pretty excited to get it. The dealer tried to sell me on extended warranty, paint sealant, wheel and tire coverage etc.. I said no thanks, I will take it as! In fact, I told them don't even wash it. View attachment 51761
Looking good, enjoy it as I know you will.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,651 Posts
Congrats on the pickup!

Now get her broke in and then drive it like you stole it! Smiles all the way!

Reactions: april77

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,661 Posts
Grtz! I am looking forward to both seeing pictures (hint, hint ;)) and reading your impressions after driving it for a lil while. Enjoy yourself, and drive safely!

:D

April

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
All of us remember the first day we got our HC's. Love at first sight. Pulling out of the dealers driveway was a rush. Took the long and slow way home. Parked it in the garage and just stared at it for several minutes. Big time pride of ownership. After a year of having my Kitty, I still get goosebumps just thinking about her.:D:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
728 Posts
You picked the right color (and the fastest). :D

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
229 Posts
So today is the day that I pick up my new Hellcat! Ordered it back on 4/9/16, so finally and pretty excited to get it. The dealer tried to sell me on extended warranty, paint sealant, wheel and tire coverage etc.. I said no thanks, I will take it as! In fact, I told them don't even wash it. View attachment 51761
Best feeling in the world!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
149 Posts
Very exciting!!!!!! Congratulations, enjoy and be safe! While extremely happy to have the car, the first 500 miles suck. Very hard to stick to the break-in speed and rpm limits. Especially the first 100 miles. I was holding up traffic the whole way home from the dealer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
549 Posts
Choosing the color was the hardest thing... I was back and forth with B5.
I was tempted by Granite Crystal but, in the end, went with the fastest color. ;)

'Gratz on the car and as many others have said, the smiles will last a looooooong time. Be safe.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts
Congrats! You're gonna love it!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,101 Posts
I was tempted by Granite Crystal but, in the end, went with the fastest color. ;)

'Gratz on the car and as many others have said, the smiles will last a looooooong time. Be safe.
Please let's not start which color is the fastest. Anyway sincerely make sure there are no paint or body issues, like hood and lines being straight before you take it home. Sometimes in the moment you might not see them and it makes it harder to get fixed after you leave dealer. It's red, red is the fastest color lol.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,409 Posts
Congratulations! And what a beautiful beast you have, I really love that color. I'll never forget my first drive behind the wheel... It was awe inspiring and adrenaline producing, even though I was taking it easy for the break in period.

Good luck, drive it in good health and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
549 Posts
Please let's not start which color is the fastest. Anyway sincerely make sure there are no paint or body issues, like hood and lines being straight before you take it home. Sometimes in the moment you might not see them and it makes it harder to get fixed after you leave dealer. It's red, red is the fastest color lol.
Agree with making sure the lines are right. My deck lid is pretty far off on the driver's side and I didn't even notice it. Caught up in the moment...

B5 = :cool: red = :p ( sorry - couldn't help myself)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,409 Posts
I forgot to mention, be certain to check the tire air pressure! 32 pounds all the way around is where it should be. Mine was 51 pounds and it caused nasty vibration.
I believe they ship with high tire pressure for some odd reason. But the dealer forgot to check the pressure at delivery.

Also, you may want the dealer to leave the front air dam protectors on and the front license plate bracket off.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts