SRT Hellcat Forum banner
49K views 226 replies 43 participants last post by  Clownfeet462 
#1 ·
I'm sure those of you that have been following us know what we're working on for the HC community so far. One thing we haven't really aired out is how serious and precise we are when it comes to engineering. We may be a speed shop at the end of the day, but we're driven by innovation.

Here's what we're currently working on outside of the dozen cars we have under our roof today. I'll be sure to post snippets of progress pics as we're hammering away at our design process. This is def going to be one interesting project!

Enjoy :)

Automotive design 3d modeling Mode of transport Design Font
Text Line Font Multimedia software Screenshot
Text Font 3d modeling Graphics software Multimedia software
Room Technology Electronics Electronic device Machine

See less See more
#6 ·
We're not developing anything for the IHI unit, we just scanned and plotted out the stock unit for reverse engineering. We're ditching the blower but need to know about some of the key features on the unit. Mounting locations, injectors locations, rail locations, TB inlet location, sensor locations, the physical constraints our billet manifold needs to fall into etc. This is just a starting point on what we're doing! Wait til you see what's in store :)

Which scanner are you using?

We've had less than stellar luck with this approach in creating parts...

:(
BULL, the best in the business! I'd be happy to assist if your company/organization needs? Just shoot me a PM and we can discuss further.

#5 ·
I'm sure those of you that have been following us know what we're working on for the HC community so far. One thing we haven't really aired out is how serious and precise we are when it comes to engineering. We may be a speed shop at the end of the day, but we're driven by innovation.

Here's what we're currently working on outside of the dozen cars we have under our roof today. I'll be sure to post snippets of progress pics as we're hammering away at our design process. This is def going to be one interesting project!

Enjoy :)

View attachment 45194 View attachment 45195 View attachment 45196 View attachment 45197

Which scanner are you using?

We've had less than stellar luck with this approach in creating parts...

:(

#7 ·
Unless you can magicly get more blower displacement, every other item you have is pointless...
TC

#9 ·
Having extensively ran the BIG KB 4.2 on the modern hemi , the 6.2 will have the same failures as the 6.1.if larger displacements are used or over 21 psi boost.. blowers are brutal on the modern hemi....

Reactions: MABBRYFL30
#10 ·
Wait a minute...

I think you may have misunderstood what this was for, TC. We're not trying make a lower manifold to adapt a whipple or kb unit on top of the HC motor. This is going to be a completely new manifold to replace the stock blower. We're not going with a blower...

#11 ·
We switched to twins
I question the guys wanting the Whipple, they were a disaster on the 6.1 but may work out better on the 6.2

#15 ·
We'll be posting updates as we're moving along with the design process. Def a game changer! It won't be just your run of the muck aftermarket intake manifold either. The drafts we have are extremely intricate but we're dealing with a HC so it's the nature of the beast I suppose. Ha

#16 ·
Skip, could you elaborate more on what your intake manifold will be like? I am hoping for a large plenum long runner manifold. I posted some examples below of what is possible. #1 is your average V8 sheet metal mani. #2 is a long runner manifold and is actually what I am hoping you are doing. This style would be great for the twins. #3 is a long runner tunnel ram style drag pack manifold. Which direction are you going with your design?

Product Table Auto part Automotive exterior Fashion accessory

Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part Car

Auto part Machine

#17 ·
Matt, it's hard to compare our design with any one the ones you've listed or the ones you're used to seeing. It's going to be a mid length runner turbo manifold with some added features, that's easiest way to describe the runner length and style of the manifold. It's not like your avg mid/short runner style turbo manifold however. There is a good bit of engineering going into the inside of it for equal flow and pressurization along with a good bit of extras. I can't get too deep into the details but I will say this, it's a badddd concept ;)

#19 ·
Looks like it's going in to one of each to start. We're getting a good bit of attention and questions as to why we're doing this with all these teasers that we're putting out there here and via our social media outlets. Lots of guys are coming out of the woodwork and are clawing at the door for more details but we can only spill so many beans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.