SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys [spoolin] is selling a very nice t56 transmission will it fit a 2016 hellcat manual, given ill be getting different bellhousing, new driveshaft and diffrent clutch discs, what i am asking is will it sit fine with the center console and has anybody done this before, ADVICE is crucial TY--

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
521 Posts
his is built level 7 with dog rings, upgraded spline, all the goodies, do you know if it will bolt on directly and fit or will be tight?
Unless it's rated for north of 800hp, dunno that I would touch it. Unfortunately, I cannot speak on whether its a direct bolt in or not.... because most of the "shop" setups tend to be a generic version as opposed to a GM/FCA specific build.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, hopefully somebody can show the light, i am still digging, called RPM today they said their top package should be able to handle some serious power, just need to see if its been done before so i am certain that its possible, the case is from a 2000 camaro.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Ivory White Hellcat
93 Posts
Having owned and driven T56, I wouldn’t waste my time. Let’s put in in perspective a 1998 Camaro with “320hp” to the crank came with the T56 vs a T6060 in a 2016 Viper ACR with 645hp. I would guess that there is a reason they didn’t put a T56 or even a built up T56 in a 700hp Hellcat. Sell it on an LSX site and it will go quick, or strap it to your car and your car will break it quick.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having owned and driven T56, I wouldn’t waste my time. Let’s put in in perspective a 1998 Camaro with “320hp” to the crank came with the T56 vs a T6060 in a 2016 Viper ACR with 645hp. I would guess that there is a reason they didn’t put a T56 or even a built up T56 in a 700hp Hellcat. Sell it on an LSX site and it will go quick, or strap it to your car and your car will break it quick.
got ya, yep 3 of my old TR6060 all broke down on me, so most likely will end up getting TH400 from rossler, that is when i can get a hold of him.//

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I would consider taking a page from the Jacky Stewart racing book.

Smoothness in driving results in parts longevity and fast lap times. He used to teach students to drive with a shallow bowl-shaped fixture on the hood with a ball in it that could roll around freely. Jacky could lap the racecourse with it without the ball falling/sliding/jumping out of the very shallow-angle about 2' diameter bowl.

Jacky Ickx also was a famous endurance racer, and he used smoothness and KINDNESS to the mechanical bits, applied over many, many miles in, for example, le 24 heures du Mans. Not all shifts have to be done at warp speed. I suggest you get enough power so that you CAN take the extra hundredths of a second to shift without feeling you are falling hours behind per shift. Power shifting is fine, on occasion, but not every occasion is THAT occasion.

This is not an accusation or critique, just a mindset I carry with my mechanical things.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody (destroyer grey)
120 Posts
Just so you are aware....... This isn't a run of the mill T56. This has GForce billet dog ring gears, faceplated to butter shift at 11k rpm, a 9310 30 spline rear shaft and upgraded tail housing, MGW shifter, Quicktime scattershield and the top level goodies RPM puts in and does to the trans. This is an $8k plus built trans that can easily handle 1000+ wtq.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Explain "faceplated."
It's what is done to allow the transmission to smoothly shift at higher rpm. Normally a none faceplated T56 would only be able to smoothly shift at a max of about 7k rpm. With faceplating, you can shift smoothly all the way up to 11k rpm if needed.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
That is nice. Why don't more do that?
Also, what is the exact process? What is affected? Forks? Gear teeth? synchros?
Is actual metal plating involved?

·
Registered
120 Posts
That is nice. Why don't more do that?
Also, what is the exact process? What is affected? Forks? Gear teeth? synchros?
Is actual metal plating involved?
To be honest, I'm not too sure on the complete process that is involved with doing the faceplating.

BTW, there are no synchro's in this trans, except 5th and 6th gears since it has billet straight cut gears for 1-4. This makes is possible to set the trans up with a shifter that will sequentially shift the gears or with a standard shifter, makes it to where you can slam gears without touching the clutch, just slightly lift on the throttle before doing so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts