SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,072 Posts
Welcome to what everyone else is looking for!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
go to cars.com, autotrader.com and dodge.com

call every car that meet your needs
tell them your only willing to pay sticker

call every one within 1500 miles

and call weekly

any that sound promising keep calling.....a holes that say $20k and not a penny less take off your list....if they are willing to drop their adm a bit keep them on your list and call weekly...keep offering msrp

also keep an eye open on this forum....at least once a week i see someone posting a msrp deal.....

if your looking for a popular color you may have good luck
if your looking for an unpopular color you will be at it a while
dont be fussy with options

seems like someone here is finding one for $5k adm or less daily....i hear of msrp weekly

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
go to cars.com, autotrader.com and dodge.com

call every car that meet your needs
tell them your only willing to pay sticker

call every one within 1500 miles

and call weekly

any that sound promising keep calling.....a holes that say $20k and not a penny less take off your list....if they are willing to drop their adm a bit keep them on your list and call weekly...keep offering msrp

also keep an eye open on this forum....at least once a week i see someone posting a msrp deal.....

if your looking for a popular color you may have good luck
if your looking for an unpopular color you will be at it a while
dont be fussy with options

seems like someone here is finding one for $5k adm or less daily....i hear of msrp weekly
When I started my search a month ago, auto trader and cars.com were good sources of info for me AND everyone else. When I was contacting my 50 dealers...a lot were in far off lands...so was everyone else. Kinda seemed like we were all barking down the same path. Seemed like everyone was grabbing for the low hanging fruit. MSRP on the lot or in transit ...at this time...has been picked clean.....if it ever was. Have hope all because Huggy has predicted MSRP or below late this summer.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
Good luck I'm sure a member will post once in a while a good deal. It's gonna be tough though unless someone posts a deal that fell through
Correct...and then the dealer might have someone on the list or in VON ahead of you. ...but then we get re-energized, watch a few videos of the HC of our dreams and we keep trucking....best wishes.!!

· The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,124 Posts
Exactly what everyone above this post is saying...

What I did was make a template email...stating exactly what I was looking for in order of preference:
Pitch Black
Phantom Black
Granite
Automatic (must have)
etc.
I knew I could add nav so that didn't matter.
In stock or inbound within 30 days

Anyways, stated that you will pay MSRP, have/will make immediate deal and prepare to drive/fly if the terms are agreeable.

Told them I already had my financing in order, provided contact information and so on.

I had three cars within four hours - I did send over 100 emails and probably a dozen phone calls.

Started on a Friday, drove the car home on Monday.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
Exactly what everyone above this post is saying...

What I did was make a template email...stating exactly what I was looking for in order of preference:
Pitch Black
Phantom Black
Granite
Automatic (must have)
etc.
I knew I could add nav so that didn't matter.
In stock or inbound within 30 days

Anyways, stated that you will pay MSRP, have/will make immediate deal and prepare to drive/fly if the terms are agreeable.

Told them I already had my financing in order, provided contact information and so on.

I had three cars within four hours - I did send over 100 emails and probably a dozen phone calls.

Started on a Friday, drove the car home on Monday.
Good strategy....do you think the market is more competitive today than when you got yours? IMHO things just seem tighter now.

· The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,124 Posts
No, there are more Hellcats now...it's all about willingness to search and travel. I see more posts now about folks finding the Hellcats in stock then any previous time.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,800 Posts
I am willing to sell mine but not at sticker. sticker plus what i paid in sales tax i would do

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
No, there are more Hellcats now...it's all about willingness to search and travel. I see more posts now about folks finding the Hellcats in stock then any previous time.
Good point.The mkt in cali is stll a bit tight , so best for us to look east., north and south. Not much to our west....Hawaii? Go on vacation and buy a cat and sail her home...lol

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
most bitchers dont want to travel

having 3 colors is an even better strategy

i also made a standard contact letter to make it more efficient when i emailed 50+ dealers
Good idea. There are some many ideas in play here. Its a question of how bad do you want an HC? Some people don't like the whole car buying process. I really like it...the back and forth, poker faces, bluff, counter offer.....

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
Have hope all because Huggy has predicted MSRP or below late this summer.
my crystal ball is working ot for you guys...im doing my part to keep you all from panic!!!!....the sky is not falling...you will find your HC if you keep trying

i predicted it by early/mid summer actually......late summer when they announce whats new for 2016 they will all be on sale.....everyone will want a PCP 2016......or a TA(Track Attack) version....or whatever new ''special'' edition they come up with to keep the hype going.......i predict lots of stickers/decals in the HC's future year productions.....challenger guys LOVE special editions.....every other challenger out there is a special edition of some kind....i think they made the HC plain for a reason....to sticker it up for 2016/2017 and keep sales going

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
I am willing to sell mine but not at sticker. sticker plus what i paid in sales tax i would do
Why whats wrong with it? Did you drive into a ditch like someone we know.....lol

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
my crystal ball is working ot for you guys...im doing my part to keep you all from panic!!!!....the sky is not falling...you will find your HC if you keep trying

i predicted it by early/mid summer actually......late summer when they announce whats new for 2016 they will all be on sale.....everyone will want a PCP 2016......or a TA(Track Attack) version....or whatever new ''special'' edition they come up with to keep the hype going.......i predict lots of stickers/decals in the HC's future year productions.....challenger guys LOVE special editions.....every other challenger out there is a special edition of some kind....i think they made the HC plain for a reason....to sticker it up for 2016/2017 and keep sales going
There you go folks...man I hope you are right...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.